MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

saw the boots theyre not horsehide or anything leather is nothing special its special but not " that " special like what the price tag says!

but the toe shape is perfect but again almost 1000 dollars for that? no way id rather get 2 pairs of engineers from either wesco or viberg...

or even a buco horsehide or a beck horsehide engineers for the price

too much 500 is more like it

and one more you only get the deadstock heel not the whole half sole and heel like what you pay for the buco or beck engineers even lonewolfs..

people buying these should think... ALOT

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should listen to Edmond's advice. He buys everything under the sun and if he is turning these down then so should you.

I think people will take into account his opinion, but we are not Edmond protégés.

By the way Cotton Duck. Do you own any MF t-shirt, in that case what size do you wear?

I think Cotton Duck and I are similar sizing. I wear a M in the deadstock tees even though I have a 38" chest. They are very loose-weave and stretch a lot. Plan on buying one that fits snug at first, and they stretch very easily.

I wanted to share an interview with Christophe that a guy (MarcBT) over on styleforum conducted as part of a research project. It's translated from French, so it's a little difficult, but good, to read. I'm glad he asked Christophe why MF retails for a relatively high price. It is something that is often criticized, especially by those who haven't seen his stuff in person.

New photos of the black Road Champs up on the MF site. They look amazing.

4162657055_9e700b90fd_o.jpg

they do look amazing but are you guys sure its not done by toyo? because the shape of the midsole is the same as the lonewolf engineers and the leathers is the same as the lw engineers and the hardware too

one more dont trust me on this but thats how i see it and thats how i compare it to what i have...

but i might be wrong/right too you know..i aint ni professional i just trust my instinct and common sense

they look alot more interesting in that pic of the aged brown ones imho...

but I guess I mostly prefer brown boots

roadchamppromolabel.jpg

I read that interview with Christophe and the more I hear him speak the more i like what he has to offer. Nevertheless, I still feel that some of his garments are not worth the price tag (for me of course), but I can see people buying his garments because it is impossible to find anything else like it in the world and are willing to pay a premium for them.

those boots really are beautiful, but I still could not see spending twice the money on them over wescos. They are not as "custom" and one-off enough (for me) to justify the price.

one more dont trust me on this but thats how i see it and thats how i compare it to what i have...

but i might be wrong/right too you know..i aint ni professional i just trust my instinct and common sense

Common sense is way over-rated in this thread.

Everyone should listen to Edmond's advice. He buys everything under the sun and if he is turning these down then so should you.

I actually agree with is.. I think I've seen him own almost every high end repro boot out there if and he he say's it's not worth it... it's not worth it.

I also see why they didn't show show the brown boot unworn in the photos... The black version looks odd to me. It's too graceful to be an engineer boot.

I actually agree with is.. I think I've seen him own almost every high end repro boot out there if and he he say's it's not worth it... it's not worth it.

I also see why they didn't show show the brown boot unworn in the photos... The black version looks odd to me. It's too graceful to be an engineer boot.

This is actually true. I saw edmond blow cash out the wazoo and as much as it gets annoying, when he says something is overpriced, I will believe him.

On the other hand is the leather on these boots horsehide? Edmond seems to think not, but I thought I read that they were horsehide.

I've been observing this discussion for a while, looking at both sides of it. Reading that interview does allow me to look past the price simply due to the fact that this much care was put into the R&D of each product.

Does appreciating that fact mean I will shell out 1000 for the boots? No. I find a custom pair Wesco boots with many of the features/leathers customized by me to be more appealing for far less of a price. But do I understand people who consider the MF? I suppose I do as well.

To each their own. Faulting people who buy MF the same way as people who buy LV shoes for exorbitant amounts of money seems stupid to me. The men of this thread have way too much taste regardless of whether they're willing to shell a couple bills more than something may be worth. The "purists" have far bigger fish to fry than MF heads.

Well, on a different subject, I tried on the denim peacoat at j crew, jesus I need one. The wife said no though, she likes the mulhulland master more, which is fine with me :) they also had the scarves, which are very nice, the backpacks, which are INSANE, and the foul weather coat, which I still didn't care for... I hate being broke...

Well, on a different subject, I tried on the denim peacoat at j crew, jesus I need one. The wife said no though, she likes the mulhulland master more, which is fine with me :) they also had the scarves, which are very nice, the backpacks, which are INSANE, and the foul weather coat, which I still didn't care for... I hate being broke...

akuma, thank you for the updates. Mind taking some photos next time you visit them:)? Thanks in advance.

What store were you at that still had the foul weather coat?

-Jake

i think he said j crew

It's either the Men's Shop on Broadway or the Liquor Store. They are the only two J Crew shops that carry MF.

Nice thoughts, vamks. I hope that there isn't still anyone on this thread who thinks that there are people here who go nuts and are willing to buy every MF item just because it is MF. I think the closest we've ever come to that is when tmadd said he was going to try to find one of everything from the Naval Tailor line.

^^^ Are you sure? I saw full stock of the denim pea coat at the J. Crew in The Grove, located in Los Angeles.

Strange. I've always been told that the two NYC shops were the only ones. Oh well...

Thanks, Akuma. Sorry I wasn't more specific guys, I mean what J. Crew store. Time to Google some store phone numbers...

-Jake

It's either the Men's Shop on Broadway or the Liquor Store. They are the only two J Crew shops that carry MF.

Nice thoughts, vamks. I hope that there isn't still anyone on this thread who thinks that there are people here who go nuts and are willing to buy every MF item just because it is MF. I think the closest we've ever come to that is when tmadd said he was going to try to find one of everything from the Naval Tailor line.

Given the near hysteria when pieces are released, i think there are people who will buy practically everything from the range, almost in a BAPEesque way. Almost. Similar pricing strategy too?

Given the near hysteria when pieces are released, i think there are people who will buy practically everything from the range, almost in a BAPEesque way. Almost.

Who?

Similar pricing strategy too?

Are you joking?