MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it helps, here's my post-soak fit pic from last year. I wore it with denim all the time. The shades were similar, but to be honest, I didn't really care. It's such an awesome coat.

Akuma- the non-Liberty peacoat would be perfect for you in SC. The Liberty Issue is freaking toasty, even below freezing, and would be way too warm for you.

God, I can't wait to start wearing this thing again.

3190033314_c83e99f164_o.jpg

I've really been considering buying the peacoat instead of the mulhulland master, even though it's not the awesome liberty version... I don't know it's a reallllly hard decision...

A couple of months ago, I was checking out the peacoat at JCrew for so long I'm sure the staff thought I was planning on stealing it. They had them locked up and I asked to try it on about 3 times. I'm still shocked that they are selling the raw version.

Goddamn zissou, that's te pic that made me hate yaelf or not being able to afford it, FUCK hahahaha, wish I made more money I would just get both the pcoat AND the mulhulland.. Hmm maybe I'll try anyway, I'm still figureing out what next piece to buy, probably another cpo, the weather down here has been perfect for one... Maybe I'll sell my gf on the internet...

exhausted- No, probably not that warm! I wore it like in the photo with a sweater underneath and it was fine for about 10-20F.

ThisSunday- I was always amazed that they were selling the raw version, too. I can just see some guy bringing it back because it shrank too much in the wash.

akuma- if you really like the peacoat, I'd get that first. They are going to start disappearing for good soon. There's a litle voice in my head telling me I should buy more MF Naval stuff, like the white chambray, or the deck pants. I'm trying to not listen.

thanks, jstavrin.

Some of you guys were asking about the sizing on my peacoat, so here's all of the info in my original post. It is a 38, which is my usual jacket size.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=1623897&highlight=coat#post1623897

ok here's what might be a stupid question..

how easy is it to wear the denim peacoat?

I mean, denim on denim?

What do you guys think? As long as the shades of blue are different?

I wouldn't worry about it! Where did this " you can't wear denim on denim" mantra come from? I've heard it several places recently and I can't disagree more. Even if they are the same shade, it makes no difference. If you are wearing classic cuts, it shouldn't be an issue.

I wouldn't worry about it! Where did this " you can't wear denim on denim" mantra come from? I've heard it several places recently and I can't disagree more. Even if they are the same shade, it makes no difference. If you are wearing classic cuts, it shouldn't be an issue.

I completely agree with this, there was a denim video recently on some blog that's been making the rounds and near the end it states "absolutely never wear denim on denim". This is something that's been done since the beginning of time, why now is it no longer accepted?

I think it's more the bandwaggon jumpers that came from men's contemporary that think it's not right, might look a little too "real" for them.

Just in case anybody was wondering... the motorcycle club story continues.

I'll report back with what's in store in a few weeks when Christophe and I are in Tokyo..

MFShow.jpg

Nothing goes better with denim than more denim! I think the video kiya was talking about is a new show called Put this on. Kinda dumb . Too many rules. I second that Peterock " oh no" just payed off my credit card from this season. Should getting my Mulholland master in the mail today. Will post fit pics if I got the right size. Pretty sure I did .