MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N1-K Deck pants. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same jungle cloth that kiya used in the SEXT11?

riff, what pants are those?
N1-K Deck pants. If I'm not mistaken, that's the same jungle cloth that kiya used in the SEXT11?

Hey sweapea, zissou got it. Same material as on the SExT11, but washed, so no "sheen" to it...

^ sure thing! :) Please excuse the poor lighting - some quick snaps..

mfsc4.jpg

mfsc3.jpg

mfsc5.jpg

mfsc2.jpg

mfsc7.jpg

Color is pretty accurate above. It was off on the next ones & I didn't have time to adjust...

mfsc8.jpg

mfsc6.jpg

The jungle cloth is amazing: very tough on the outside, soft on the inside.

Cheers!

Very cool, riff! heprof- I don't think they have the saddle seat, but rather patches on the inside of the thighs.

http://www.misterfreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mfsc-n-1k-rig.jpg

I'm wishing I had the money to pick up a pair of the SEXT11.

shit, man, did you just hit the lottery?! :) Make sure you buy them in 33 so that when you are sick of them in a year or so, you can sell them to me ;)

Hahaha Ziss, i wish! just got home, and they were sold out of 33's unfortunately. 32 were way to snug, and 34 were lofty, so i had to walk away.

on a lighter note, i found this at the JCrew mens shop. a knock off Deck jacket! sales bro showed it to me and said it was a soho store exclusive, in my opinion it was super copy cat corney! it was a sweatshirt knit, had a shawl neck and the same deck pockets. the worst part was it has the same exact Mister Freedom hardware as the pants pictured above and the Mulholand Master.... price was $118. It also had some Indigo Dyed warning tag. What do you guys think???

2cqfc45.jpg

2nhknr8.jpg

^ I kinda like it. I'm probably going to be in Soho tomorrow so I'll stop by J Crew to check it out. I can't afford the MF or Buzz deck jacket so this ripoff may be the closest I'll get. Rugby also had a fleece deck jacket . It was nice except for the obnoxious patches.

to be honest, I bought that Deck Jacket today rip-off galore...Not a soho exclusive (it's online and catalog as well as select stores across the nation including Mich.Ave. in Chicago)...I mean it's J.Crew but for the money you won't find a cheaper alternative...

OK, so I know we all love MFSC (well, most of the people who post here), but keep in mind that MFSC is based on actual vintage garments. Maybe J Crew decided to make a deck jacket after selling MFSC, but it's hardly a rip off. The MFSC deck jacket and the J Crew deck jacket are different garments for different purposes. The MFSC deck jacket will keep you warm on an actual ship's deck in the middle of a nor'easter, whereas the J Crew deck jacket looks like it will keep you warm on, well, a warm spring day...from what I can tell, it's basically a light sweatshirt.

One more thing- I'd be very wary of something made from terry fleece with only those clips as closures. My guess is that it will eventually start pulling at the hooks and look ridiculous.

^ very true Zissou, that Jcrew Sweat is based on the Deck Hook jacket but shawl collar and chest pocket where as MFSCs deck which also have the Hook and D pockets but on a N1 type jacket design. Hope that make sense? :)

Funny that the Rugby version appeared in Free & Easy (or maybe it was Lightning) and it looked good in their pictures. Almost pulled the trigger on one during the Rugby sale then backed off after seeing the crazy print on the back.

^ I kinda like it. I'm probably going to be in Soho tomorrow so I'll stop by J Crew to check it out. I can't afford the MF or Buzz deck jacket so this ripoff may be the closest I'll get. Rugby also had a fleece deck jacket . It was nice except for the obnoxious patches.

Hahaha Ziss, i wish! just got home, and they were sold out of 33's unfortunately. 32 were way to snug, and 34 were lofty, so i had to walk away.

on a lighter note, i found this at the JCrew mens shop. a knock off Deck jacket! sales bro showed it to me and said it was a soho store exclusive, in my opinion it was super copy cat corney! it was a sweatshirt knit, had a shawl neck and the same deck pockets. the worst part was it has the same exact Mister Freedom hardware as the pants pictured above and the Mulholand Master.... price was $118. It also had some Indigo Dyed warning tag. What do you guys think???

2cqfc45.jpg

2nhknr8.jpg

Honestly I think I like this more than the MF jacket. That collar in it looks really nice and fit seems much better.