45rpm Sorahiko Nando x Nando *pics*

Swych

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted 45rpm about these and here was their reply:

And as for nando x nando we have three different types. Sorahiko style, straight leg, tapered one. Do you know which one you were interested in?

Is everyone here talking about the Sorahiko nando or the straight leg? I will ask them but thought I'd check here too. TIA :)

i recently had an order inquiring about this, but the straight leg is a womens cut which they only make up to w32. no idea on tapered model, but they make one off models each season so im guessing thats that.

freakin' nando's only come in 33" inseam. so dissappointed i can't get em.

The 45rpm website says they are 34" in sizes 32 and below, 35" in sizes 33 and above.

Edot: Just noticed that the Sorahiko Slim measurements now say 35 1/2 on the 45rpm website. I wonder if they changed something.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a mistake on sizing down on the Nandos when they are One Wash. I hope I could have them exchanged.

As expected the indigo is beautiful, deep and very dark. The red selvedge works well and gives it a striking apperance. As it is, they look nice to wear. The fit is perfect except in the waist which feel more like a size 32 (than the 33 tagged). This dyeing of the weft/warp thing is very innovative.

I made a mistake on sizing down on the Nandos when they are One Wash. I hope I could have them exchanged.

As expected the indigo is beautiful, deep and very dark. The red selvedge works well and gives it a striking apperance. As it is, they look nice to wear. The fit is perfect except in the waist which feel more like a size 32 (than the 33 tagged). This dyeing of the weft/warp thing is very innovative.

what is your true waist size? my true waist size is around 32, but i just sized down to 30 anyways. i bought it in the uppereast nyc store, and i asked the cashier if they stretch, his reply was that it may stretch up to 1 inch, but give it some time.

i just measured mine, and indeed they have stretched an inch, at first when i bought them, they measured 15inches flat across the waist, but now they're at 15.5

NANDO.jpg

Nandos

My waist size is 32. They're a size 33 and fit a bit snug.

I wore them twice so I can't tell about the fading on these.

The pics don't do justice but I hope they show the fit well.

I love them but If someone is interested in buying them from me I may let them go since I need cash for these holidays ;) PM me

• 2 weeks later...

i think crillz got the same pair... and sed they were the womens model... but the lady here at the paris 45rpm said they werent

BUT

i just bought some nando nandos... its a slimmer cut with zip fly, and 45 rpm on the back... instead of just the R... they arent selvedge and feel like about 10 ounces...

are they womens model?

and how much are they at NY?

thanks

Sounds like Women's to me. The Women's models are made of the BC4000 denim.

Are they one of these?

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5016016 (17,850 yen)

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5076905 (19,950 yen)

For reference, normal sorahikos are 24,150 yen.

Can't tell you about NY prices.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

gosh, i just wanna see these fucking jeans in person so i can somehow justify all the shit i hear about them

carl calls me the other day

"blah blah blah, im not even gonna mess around anymore...im gonna get myself some fucking 45 rpm's blah blah blah"

the nando nandos is honestly the only thing I still want. One of these days. Maybe if I run into some good luck, i'll reward myself.

go for it, poly! i got a pair at the shibuya R by 45rpm store back in september, and they're absolutely beautiful. the denim is really soft and smooth, and the color has this rich darkness to it. they're unlike anything else i own. i've been rotating them a lot with my other stuff, so there hasn't been much fading yet. after seeing your samurais, i'd be interested to see what you could do with the nandos

^^^what he said but for me, i don't care too much if it fades fast enough because the color as it is, is nice. A truly innovative pair of jeans that could be on your rotation once every so often to break the monotony of regular fading jeans. Definitely a must for the collector.

^^^what he said but for me, i don't care too much if it fades fast enough because the color as it is, is nice. A truly innovative pair of jeans that could be on your rotation once every so often to break the monotony of regular fading jeans. Definitely a must for the collector.

exactly...and poly sold me the nandos

Hey guys,

I've been inbetween places to live for the past 4 months. So I had spotty computer access from home.

Hopefully I can start drawing them bunnies again soon.

It was about this time last year that I was posting on this thread asking about the nando's. I should be giving them a second wash soon

• 1 month later...

It's time for more pictures...I am trying to decide between these and a pair of PBJ 007s

@tmadd

the 007's are like the nando x nando's little brother.

basically the denim will be a bit stiffer and waaay slubbier than the nandos

Im workin on some 007's right now...beautiful jeans..but honestly, if I could, I'd go back in time and get some nandos instead. you cant beat 45rpm.

@tmadd

the 007's are like the nando x nando's little brother.

basically the denim will be a bit stiffer and waaay slubbier than the nandos

Im workin on some 007's right now...beautiful jeans..but honestly, if I could, I'd go back in time and get some nandos instead. you cant beat 45rpm.

Thanks for the advice. I actually just sold a pair of 007's because I needed to size down 1 size to get them to fit properly, but before pulling the trigger on a pair, I started having this debate. I like the fact that the PBJs are stiffer, and the slub aspect is incredibly attractive to me, especially considering that my only jeans at this point are pretty much slub-free (ironheart). However, I have also reached a point where I have really realized that there is way more denim than time to break denim in, so I am trying to only purchase jeans that are incredibly special, unique, and will be something I value 5-10 years from now, instead of a project I work on for a few months then throw in a drawer and forget about because of the new whatever. All this leads me to be interested in the 45RPM.

In terms of cut, how much more relaxed is the 45RPM than the PBJ's, particularly, how much bigger is the hem of the 45RPMs at any given waist size?