what make you wash your raws prematurely?

prima

i had to wash my jeans yesterday because i sat down on a couch where a dog had just peed. the time before that, i had to wash because of vomit.

What are some things that have forced you to wash your jeans prematurely? (beyond the natural buildup of dirt/odor).

Didn't wash mine when my mate spilled beer on them. Changed my mind when I drunkenly spat Johnny Walker on the other leg a week later. I was drunk enough to forget how bad it tastes, but my gag reflex wasn't. Likewise, every time I smelled them it made me feel ill.

Boiling hot water, inside out, dried right way in the shade, lost almost no indigo at all. Mind you, being Cheap Mondays, there was an upper limit to how much I cared. But, they are really looking pretty good...

Guest Fade to Black

i ended up washing my 45 RPM sorahikos last week 2 months into the project...it was raining like fuck outside and i didn't have an umbrella.

I was surprised that they didn't come out with significant fading since prior to the wash the inside of the jeans was bleeding indigo like crazy. there's some subtle fades starting to show up, i'll wear em for another 2-3 months before i wash again.

fuck that 6 months thing anyway i don't think it would've made a difference given the activity i do in those shits.

i dont wash any of my denim not yet anyways. I've sat in piss, puked on them and spilled god knows how much beer & liquor on them. they smell like shit. But i dont wash them. i might spash some water on the stuff thats on it but i just figure anything that happens to them will only help the fade.

plus the inverted fade lines are starting to show well

After my first wash of my first Raws (RRDG), I truly think that waiting for too long (especially if you wear them hard) is a mistake. You develop too much fraying and holes in high abrasion points, and the jeans pretty much disintegrate upon washing. I don't like that. Further, evidence overwhelmingly suggests that great fades can be had with somewhat regular washing, and these negatives can be minimized.

BUT, as we have discussed before, it is not a measure of time but wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, people need to realize they have a problem.. I mean, in the END they are jeans, if these kind of things happen to you (puke, beer, piss, vomit) and you can't wash, I suggest you stop by a mental institution... You know, girls find odors on guys disgusting, and if they smell you and you smell like an unwashed penis, they are gonna want nothing of it.. Whats more important, some pussy or some nicely faded jeans?? Theres a balance in there somewhere

at least have some dignity and dry clean, for your own sake

I spilled beer all over my APC's last night so I'll probably soak or dry-clean but not wash yet. I'm not hardcore into fading but it's only been 3 weeks and I'd like to see at least some significant pre-wash fading.