April77

Astérix

is "wanker" actually a cuss for a woman?!

That's funny, you got to remember, the comments are made mostly by highly educated americans, all I can say is...Hauptschule, vieleicht Sonderschule.

Seems to me that I am dealing with some tweens, not even teenage angst, just pure ignorance.

wanker's a straight up British colloquialism. why you gotta come with the American hate for no reason? that looks like pure ignorance to me. Most of the world jocks all of the culture/music/tv/literature from here and creativity and then uses negative stereotypes that reflect some of the people when you have a bone to pick. CHILL WITH THAT SHIT

wanker's a straight up British colloquialism. why you gotta come with the American hate for no reason? that looks like pure ignorance to me. Most of the world jocks all of the culture/music/tv/literature from here and creativity and then uses negative stereotypes that reflect some of the people when you have a bone to pick. CHILL WITH THAT SHIT

I think you misunderstood a thing or two. I don't hate americans (just because I have a song which states that, but also that I hate germans) doesn't mean I hate americans. I hate infantile ignorance. And to be honest, most people do bore me. I do music for living, jocks hate. I also hate to waist my time replying to some moronic comments (not yours) from some people who are obviously not on my level. I guess I should just have ignored it, however I didn't and this topic is over as far as I'm concerned. Btw, I live in Seattle, so I guess the "american hate" doesn't make so much sense after all. Elvis has left the building.

*waste

(spelling nazi)

Let me ask you some questions. Do you think that every black person can't swim? That mexicans are lazy, germans are nazis and gays should have not be allowed to get married? If your answer to one of these questions is yes, you are an ignorant idiot who would be better off being quiet, instead of looking like a complete moron. Just keep talking about the next pair of "killer" jeans you're getting. That's cool and you won't get confused. Honey, I play in a PUNK band, ever heard of the melvins or flippe or maybe the germsr, that's the genre. Get youself educated and you can avoid a faux pas like that in the future. . Good night eversun and sorry that I had to get rough with you (om) but please don't throw terms like nazi around like that.and be careful when you call any being waste, that's exactely what the nazis did. Now let it go already, I won't reply to your attention seeking behaviour anymore.....this is about april 77 not a semi retarded political discussion.

I think you misunderstood a thing or two. I don't hate americans (just because I have a song which states that, but also that I hate germans) doesn't mean I hate americans. I hate infantile ignorance. And to be honest, most people do bore me. I do music for living, jocks hate. I also hate to waist my time replying to some moronic comments (not yours) from some people who are obviously not on my level. I guess I should just have ignored it, however I didn't and this topic is over as far as I'm concerned. Btw, I live in Seattle, so I guess the "american hate" doesn't make so much sense after all. Elvis has left the building.

I was actually just correcting your spelling of the word waist to waste.

I referred to myself as a "spelling nazi" much like that of a "grammar nazi", just my OCD kicking in. Mustn't be a colloquialism you are familiar with, please read the link below for reference.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spelling%20nazi

edit:

Let me ask you some questions. Do you think that every black person can't swim? That mexicans are lazy, germans are nazis and gays should have not be allowed to get married? If your answer to one of these questions is yes, you are an ignorant idiot who would be better off being quiet, instead of looking like a complete moron. Just keep talking about the next pair of "killer" jeans you're getting. That's cool and you won't get confused. Honey, I play in a PUNK band, ever heard of the melvins or flippe or maybe the germsr, that's the genre. Get youself educated and you can avoid a faux pas like that in the future. . Good night eversun and sorry that I had to get rough with you (om) but please don't throw terms like nazi around like that.and be careful when you call any being waste, that's exactely what the nazis did. Now let it go already, I won't reply to your attention seeking behaviour anymore.....this is about april 77 not a semi retarded political discussion.

and for the record I do not answer yes for any of those questions, and did not refer to you as a waste.

chill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Size 27 or 28.

One of the online shop says "Waist runs 2 inches bigger, e.g. W30 is measured 32" - Inseam is always 34 inch"

actrually, the perfect fit for my butt is LVC44 W28.

I really worry about it..........the fit is like shit in the pic from the site...

451_0.jpg

the joey hi standard blacks or whatever - how's the material in person? going back and forth on a new pair of black jeans and I like the look of them (i.e. not kind of 'shiny' a la the 'raw' denim or whatever on the colordrives in the photos online but gabardine in person is usually not so flat) but not sure about the gabardine.

also: still sizing down 2 or is that on lock yet?

• 2 weeks later...
how do the models just mover and moon mover compare to the colordrives?

also is this jean unisex or women only

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/APRIL+77/dept/women/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/42157188HH/sts/sr_women80

if im nt wrng, i think its the grey overdrive or colourdrive, i cant rem which. but they are unisex. iirc, only the new season a77 denims have cats like mens and womens jeans.

i mean, the grey overdrives are not the new season stuff a77 came up with. it's been there for quite a few seasons alr.

generally size down 2 is still okay.

Some of the really recent stuff has been a bit all over the place though.

the hi standards are really nice, not shiny at all, also a little thicker than the colordrives.

i got my pair ystrdae, and i sized dwn two for em as well. i guess it just boils dwn to the diff body proportions of each individual.

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone wants some joey overdrive and the dischord in black size 29 send me a PM. they are too tight on me and have been collecting dust in my closet for a couple years. the joeys were worn alot but still have alot of life - no holes or anything. dischords are okay but some of the belt loops are ripped at the seam, I think this was because of people pulling on them in the store?

looking forward to their online shop as well

Well I'm going to bite the bullet and grab a pair of Dictator's off of Cultizm

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p641_April-77-Records-Dictator-Moon-Raw.html

I wear a 31 in New Cures and was thinking of getting these in a 30 but after getting measurements from someone off the site it seems these fit pretty tight in the thighs, so I guess I'll just go with the 31's.

By the way, does anyone have any info on how the Ride Mayhem fit?

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p697_April-77-Records-Ride-Mayhem-Raw.html

Well I'm going to bite the bullet and grab a pair of Dictator's off of Cultizm

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p641_April-77-Records-Dictator-Moon-Raw.html

I wear a 31 in New Cures and was thinking of getting these in a 30 but after getting measurements from someone off the site it seems these fit pretty tight in the thighs, so I guess I'll just go with the 31's.

By the way, does anyone have any info on how the Ride Mayhem fit?

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p697_April-77-Records-Ride-Mayhem-Raw.html

what are the measurements like?

• 2 weeks later...
how do the models just mover and moon mover compare to the colordrives?]

The "just" cuts have a much longer crotch compared to joeys. Which makes them much more comfortable IMO. The denim itself is a bit thin though. Probably the same level as the later records stuff. I love the cut though. I stocked up on them.

Also regarding this general "size down 2" rule. I wouldn't abide to it. Sizing is all over the place. I'm a 27 waist and my joey size is anywhere between 24-27 depending. I'd be more concerned about how your thighs are going to look if you size down too much.