Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

i agree the statement isn't clear. does the date have vision problems? (playing dumb, but that what i get from it)

and exactly. develop the concept first, get it concrete, then work with images.

what do the images mean individually?

what do the images mean when combined?

does the type state whats already being said in the image? it shouldn't. make the user think.

"think more, design less"

just some tips... post up the next phase!

thanks for the advice everyone. this is for a first year digital media course and we're learning really basic design principles right now so i'm pretty sure i'll get a good mark, but i do want it to be as good as it can.

i think i might remove the "make your dates less blind" thing, bit cleaner visually, gives the viewer less to think about and i think makes it make a bit more sense (modern day dude saw the ad pictured, bought them, is now checking out date)

and word on the monopoly style illustration, was kinda planning on that from the beginning but got lazy, might have to start fucking around with illustrating..

edit: it seems sorta blunt now though. it needs a witticism!!! maybe i'll work that line into the little comic book ad thing? so conflictedd...

Trying to do two things, make a promo postcard to send out to publishers (so it should have a book cover feel) and to use this image of a wing I drew for something.

This is just a concept, don't need any crit on the type or the way the image looks but i'd appreciate some crit on the actual idea - whether the image conveys "nascent ideas".

3986755298_47e891827d_o.jpg

auce3t.jpg

any better? the slogan being in the comic book ad kinda compromises its integrity or whatever, but i like this better visually, as well as the fact that there's a clear primary message (xray glasses) and subsidiary message (the slogan) so that they're not competing with each other. also worked on the shadows a bit and stuff.

those spirals are terrible. its brutally obvious that it's just the twirl tool from illustrator (or whatever)

what i suggest you do is draw them by hand or with the pen tool and make them more pronounced because that is the point. they're too subtle right now and i don't think the red is working in your favour. also i'd appreciate if they were weren't clones

also the text looks like it's floating above the paper. i'd suggest lowering the opacity on the text a tiny little bit 5-10%?

word on the spirals, that was just distort>twirl or something like that. i barely know how to use the pen tool but i guess it's a good time to learn.

the text is at 85% and blurred by about .6. not sure what else to do with it without making it look too washed out. maybe blend mode or something? been playing with that but nothings quite right

edit: thanks for the detailed advice everyone, i'm looking forward to actually learning this type of shit instead of just asking internet people. we're just doing really basic design principles right now.

also the text looks like it's floating above the paper. i'd suggest lowering the opacity on the text a tiny little bit 5-10%?

HBlack, i think lowering the text opacity and overlapping the text background on top of it (at 10-15%) might look more natural/real

good luck

random question

i've started working a new series of paintings and i'm trying to find reference for video glitches - you know what i'm talking about. That's probably way more extreme than I need - for my paintings it'd be helpful to be able to cause them on my own since I know the result I'm looking for. If I've got video / images does anyone have any experience 'forcing' glitches? I used to have a few ways in older versions of photoshop that I knew but they're not really what I'm looking for.

I can just use reference images and manipulate them on canvas well enough since the 'effect' is primarily for transitions / edgework but being able to produce them on my own in the first place would be helpful.

http://markbattypublisher.com/books/glitch/

finally got around to finishing the mixtape cover.

went with the direction they wanted and they're really happy it so whatever

still gotta crop it to blog dimensions, add the last bits of text, and other little things

but i made a gif of all the changes.

i'm cracking up

changes.gif

Just messing around.

3996471345_6d864562df.jpg

I wish I would quit "messing around" and try to actually take my time on something. I just have this lack of motivation, due to the fact that if I study Art/Graphic Design/etc. in the future, I think my parents would disown me. :(

Yeah, I know Ordo. I knew someone would chime in and comment that my character too is a triangle head with clothes on just like your's. Truth is i've been drawing Triangle headed characters for a while; believe it or not, i'm not going to try to fight you for it or anything.