Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

saved by 36 people: billy, hero, yourigagarine, gabz, kxx, jess, fritzh, joenagle, ulle69, gerardchic, cptnnugun, wieklein, danielbonavita, kaila, ensa279, myke, kaarle, fred, zoban, gouger, truckerbeach, j0ereach, brodowski, linda, dlucas, howl, ifwemust, phail, raku-gaki, friends, marian, jgrillo, formfieber, kasia, foxhands, nascentideas

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEa

I have been djing for a few years now and just learned how to record my vinyl. The link below to my blogspot hosts my latest creation.

Currently I am working on a window for my friends clothing store. It's going to be a simple robot snow man with pixelized snow flakes to look digital falling from above. I'll post pics I hope it comes out..

meta's making it difficult for me to justify not having gone to art center

fuck all the art center work makes it hard to justify not having gone to art center

that display of student work in the entrance must have other art school's thinking they're cheating and putting something in the water

wait are you also at art center yea! or are referring to 'here' as Superfuture?

i'm thinking ill probably do grad at art center after a few years of working since im definitely moving back west after RISD. i've got a standing acceptance to the undergrad if I ever decide to switch (too late now, probably) but I really want to get into that environment eventually. Seems much more aggressive / progressive than RISD so it'll be good for graduate / post-education / whatever methinks. I find the illustration here ends up with comparable work to stuff I was seeing out of Art Center (my father and a few of his friends who were also old-school art center grads seem to agree so im not really too worried)

curious what meta thinks

I turned this out in a day this summer for a on the spot benefit cassette I cut for a bunch of avant/new wave-synth heads that had almost the entirety of their gear stolen at No Fun Fest. New Age double header. Edition of 60, recorded and packaged in 24 hours.

FWCLIMAGEMock.jpg

I am looking for the name of the cover font, it's not just arial italic bold, and it's the classic academic journal font. Any ideas? This is a CS, so the black lines are fold lines. Clearly, a bit rough, but I would love to get pointers from those with actual design experience.

the FACEWORKER CLOAKED LIGHT text?

yeah it's obviously not Arial seeing as it's a serif font.

Maybe Perpetua. Though it's probably something easier than that, but that's something I have that looks like it.

Actually looks more like Bodoni Bold Italic too me minus the top of the W but maybe that's just it's a bit degraded.

Jermaine, have to spread rep.

Bodoni is super close, and definitely close enough for my use. Seems ever so slightly off. Perpetua ain't it. Degredation is probably coloring my perception of the match. The tapes came out looking great, but I was bugged by the poor DPI of the scans I used to lift the type.

yea! is totally right. Best match is URW Garamond demi-Italic. Spot on fit. Thanks a lot, team. I should have turned here sooner. I am going to peg the FIELD STUDIES font as Futura Black.

Now, is there a sweet .otf collection somewhere without the wonky free fonts modifications? Would rather not pay 100 smackers for the family, although I could easily continue to print screen/ paste. I do feel like a clod stumbling into your realm with a clunky design and a bunch of silly questions.