Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

http://flickr.com/photos/21950691@N04/sets/72157603485168266/show/

"In The Kingdom"

photoset i put together over the weekend. i posted it in the photography thread, but ill post it here too. unfortunately, some of the pictures weren't as sharp as i wanted and have a little glare occasionally, but i like it over all. thoughts/criticism/whatever are appreciated.

im a member of DA..but not really active anymore..:)

oh right, well might have been there though, I used to be quite active on DA.

This is another negative drawing done using charcoal powder and a putty rubber.

great_expectations_by_CasualBlue.png

And an oil painting on wood, back in March:

A_Child__s_Dream_by_CasualBlue.png

I really like the robert longo pieces and what you did here :cool:

after that robert longo reference earlier

and looking him up

i thought id rip some of his stuff into some photoshop shit

nothing serious. just me messing around.

l_c5e335dc9813f60aaf5cbb196fd79012.jpg

edit: just got through the whole thread and instead of quoting most of it I'll just say great wo rk in here, some extremely talented peeps!

http://flickr.com/photos/21950691@N04/sets/72157603485168266/show/

"In The Kingdom"

photoset i put together over the weekend. i posted it in the photography thread, but ill post it here too. unfortunately, some of the pictures weren't as sharp as i wanted and have a little glare occasionally, but i like it over all. thoughts/criticism/whatever are appreciated.

The first shot, fifth shot and eight shot are all good. Then I kind of got bored when I realized there were way more photos.

If you ever plan on showing these more "Officially" this set could definitely use editing. They're nice photos, but the "one thing intruding" composition seems to have been overused.

oh right, well might have been there though, I used to be quite active on DA.

This is another negative drawing done using charcoal powder and a putty rubber.

great_expectations_by_CasualBlue.png

This is not bad, I like the way you broke down the anatomy. Whether as a result of the medium or intentionally, it's very Phil Hale esque, which is, in my opinion, a good thing.

As illustration, it definitely looks like this image has a story behind it. I think it would be interesting to try and create a storybook in this style. I think the results could be pretty fantastic, because individually this piece really makes me wonder about what's going on.

that's an amazing painting.

thanks lol was a pain in the arse to do though, since I hadn't been working on wood before.

This is not bad, I like the way you broke down the anatomy. Whether as a result of the medium or intentionally, it's very Phil Hale esque, which is, in my opinion, a good thing.

As illustration, it definitely looks like this image has a story behind it. I think it would be interesting to try and create a storybook in this style. I think the results could be pretty fantastic, because individually this piece really makes me wonder about what's going on.

Thanks. Surprisingly or not, Phil Hale is actually one of my fav Painters, so that might have actually had some influence?

That would be quite fun, perhaps I could do something like that over the holidays since it's quite a fun medium to work with. thanks for the suggestion. :P

um, i'm an actor, so i don't get many opportunities to post pics of my work, but luckily they put the press shots of my latest show online, so here you go, witness the costume/set design of one of canada's best designers (mary kerr):

IMG_9943.jpg

*me crouching in the middle

IMG_9917.jpg

*me third from the right (and yes, this caravan, along with our train and car all functioned and were operated by the actors)

IMG_9869.jpg

*good shot of the perspective scenery

IMG_4523.jpg

*me in the middle again

IMG_0127.jpg

*part 1 of our elaborate and overly extravagant maypole curtain call

IMG_0094.jpg

*drunk weasals take over toad hall

IMG_4199.jpg

*funniest characters in the show, the stoats/weasals

95226089ux7.jpg

86195645jz5.jpg

this was something I had to do for a core class at my university. I really ran out of time at the end which made a lack of interior detail.

I had a large panorama of the proposed site behind the model which gave the feeling of actually being there.

The concept was that we had to live in a a certain provincial park and provide shelter for the winter and sometimes summer, but it could only be 10x10. The catch was that walls can open up, and therefore not count as interior space. You have to use as little materials as possible. For the model I used masonite and luon plywood.