Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what up Contrast...it's been a minute for sure...lurking in the cut...haha...

you're right, didn't see any slim fits at nomad...

duffels are out of control...really nice...the corduroy lining is a really nice touch...what size are you Contrast? you might want to make a decision on that coat soon...don't think there's a large quantity in each size...

I bought the last large black striped w+h hoodie from Nomad yesterday and I'm very pleased with it but why the switch to Lampo zippers? The Riri zippers from before were so much nicer I thought.

Oh and anyone wondering about prices it was 175cdn for the striped hoodies and 185cdn for the tiger fleece (the red/black is very nice).

okay, so --

stopped by Nomad. Bought a duffel coat in pinstriped black. Fucking incredible. Fits slim, yet the coat's still really thick and warm as hell. (sphoxx posted pictures of it above) It's not really a duffel, since it has double-breasted buttons a la the peacoat, but it has a hood, curved shoulders, and a convenient stash pocket. :)

Also bought a shawl collar sweatshirt. VERY nice. Fits very well. Slim, straight, long. Perfect for layering.

Seriously disappointed by the W+H classic fit hoodies this season. The upper arms are massive - seriously, to fill out those arms you'd need to be taking anabolic steroids. Totally disappointing. Pretty much unwearable as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the slim fits are better?

W&H hoodies -- only saw the deerskin leather hoodie. Nice. Very slim fitting. Deerskin leather all down the back and on the arms. Cool detailing. But $500. No thanks!

If you don't mind the fit of the classic fit hoodies this season, or if the slim fit ones fit much better, then buy it in tiger fleece, especially the red tiger fleece, which is red/black mixed instead of red/white. Looks incredible.

to summarize: duffel coats, peacoats, shawl collar sweats: A+++; classic fit hoodies: C-; W&H hoodies: B+ (would be A+ but the pricepoints are just too high)

Thanks for the heads up sphoxx. I went to NDG just before they closed today. They didn't have any of the tiger fleece in small. The guy that was helping me out said W+H didn't make them in small anymore or else that size would have been ordered as well. That doesn't make sense since the japanese sites has the hoodies in small.

And I agree with minya, the duffel coats are really nice.

*sigh* My search for a slim fit tiger fleece, size small, continues.

375 CAD -- guessing that would put the USD pricepoint around $300, $325ish?

Let me just reiterate how perfect this duffel coat is: the outside is cotton fleece, like a heavy sweatshirt. The sleeves are lined with striped silk (?), like a suit jacket. The body is lined with soft cotton. The hood is lined with corduroy. The shoulders are curved, and shaped, so it hugs the body like a glove. There's a detail on the sleeve that mimics the tightening cuff (don't know what this is really called), except there's no button, so it just looks cool. The hood is huge, so you can wear it up and look like you're in Sunn O))) or lay it flat against the back and make the jacket look like a peacoat.

duffel16a3.jpgduffel252c.jpgduffel3596.jpg

Wow that coat looks great minya!

I stopped by American Rag in SF today and their shipment is in. The selection was pretty limited, although they did have the leather hoodie for 375 if I remember correctly. It definately wasn't 500 because when I looked at the price tag I assumed it was a different model.

Also, I talked to Keith over at HUF and he said they should be getting their stuff sometime next week. We talked a bit and the guys seemed pretty excited about carrying the brand, and said they were planning on carrying a lot more of their stuff in the future.

375 CAD -- guessing that would put the USD pricepoint around $300, $325ish?

Let me just reiterate how perfect this duffel coat is: the outside is cotton fleece, like a heavy sweatshirt. The sleeves are lined with striped silk (?), like a suit jacket. The body is lined with soft cotton. The hood is lined with corduroy. The shoulders are curved, and shaped, so it hugs the body like a glove. There's a detail on the sleeve that mimics the tightening cuff (don't know what this is really called), except there's no button, so it just looks cool. The hood is huge, so you can wear it up and look like you're in Sunn O))) or lay it flat against the back and make the jacket look like a peacoat.

duffel16a3.jpgduffel252c.jpgduffel3596.jpg

Hey Minya,

Since you dropped by Normad today, what is left in terms of the the hoodies and stuff, I mean i want to make sure they have stuff left before I make the trip over.Btw nice jacket was wondering what size is the jacket and if you could please tell me the measurements.

thanks a lot.

Yeah I see what some people are going with the whole big ass arms issue. I have 2 classic fit tiger fleece hoodies from last season. The Large fit me absolutely perfectly on all parts of my torso, looking almost tailored and the XL is great for a more relaxed fit with more room for layering. The XL however has huge arms that look a bit akward.

Hey Minya,

Since you dropped by Normad today, what is left in terms of the the hoodies and stuff, I mean i want to make sure they have stuff left before I make the trip over.Btw nice jacket was wondering what size is the jacket and if you could please tell me the measurements.

thanks a lot.

i passed by the other day, and there's still quite a bit left. lots of hoodies, thermals, v-necks, etc and some other shirts and things i didn't spend as much time looking at. unfortunately when i asked a slim fit hoodie, the guy working there told me that they didn't get any in, for some reason. they have almost every size in every color of classic fit though, i'm debating on whether or not to go back and buy a classic fit hoodie. i agree with minya, the sizing just doesn't quite seem right.

that coat is amazing though. i hope they still have them when my birthday rolls around and i can actually afford one.

Wow that coat looks great minya!

I stopped by American Rag in SF today and their shipment is in. The selection was pretty limited, although they did have the leather hoodie for 375 if I remember correctly. It definately wasn't 500 because when I looked at the price tag I assumed it was a different model.

Also, I talked to Keith over at HUF and he said they should be getting their stuff sometime next week. We talked a bit and the guys seemed pretty excited about carrying the brand, and said they were planning on carrying a lot more of their stuff in the future.

Hey Kid,

What did American Rag carry? Did you end up getting anything?