okay, so I finally want to buy dior homme skinny...

LetsGetSerious

I wish I had access to a scanner, because there's been a few good roundups of DH jeans in Mens Non-no, in particular the December 2005 issue on p66 that I'm looking at now, which is a collage of guys from London, Paris, and Milan all wearing various DH jeans. All nine-ten guys are pretty different in terms of build/personal style, which is what I need to show here to illustrate my point that Diors look nice on a wide variety of types.

Here, my shit snapshots aren't the best representation of the magazine, but this is what I'm trying to get at through all of this.

IMGP0234.jpg

IMGP0233.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is saying that Diors don't look good on certain body types - Jeez guys calm down! I love Dior jeans and of course they're versatile and anyone can wear 'em. The questions was which would one recommend for someone of 5'8" tall and some have said the skinny type and some have said the fitted type. I haven't said you HAVE to be so tall and weigh so much to wear 'em. I have just said that i think a skinny jean looks better on a longer leg. Flame me all you like but I think it kinda makes sense!

As for the hemming. Look, if someone is 5'8" then they'll likely have an inside leg of about 30". I'm sorry but I think having excess denim of over half a foot flapping around your ankles is ludicrous - over half a foot of material is what's going to be flapping about down there if they're not hemmed! It's making me chuckle just to think about it! They'll be bunching up so much it'll look hilarious! hahahaha!

I am not a body facist - was just trying to help by giving my opinion not by saying that you have to look like a runway model to wear Diors.

As people have advised me - wear what you feel comfortable in and what fits your body shape. We're all different.

As for the photos above - ummm aren't the guys in the pics sharing a remarkably similar body shape? Looks like it to me! And the guy in the white jeans is a perfect example of silly bunching - they look like they don't fit him at all and the way the jeans stick out on the bottom of his left leg shows just how your jeans shouldn't bunch if you ask me. Bunching is good when it's still in keeping with the shape of the leg and the jean but when you've got what looks like a cardboard box stuck up your trouser leg I think it's going a bit far! Even Number 9 is in danger of straying into a my jeans are too long alert but the other guys look great!

Hope you like your jeans when you get them!

If you want to try something slim but not a skinny as DH you might try the PBJ xx-005 but I am not sure how those are in comparison to the 21cm cut.

Both my dior 19cm and 005s are size 28; I'd say the pbjs are right inbetween the dior 19cm and 21cm in terms of the thigh size. From the knee down they're much closer to the 21cm and about 2'' shorter. The pbjs rise is also considerably higher, although mine haven't stretched that much yet, don't know where they'll end up. Hope that helps.

edit: I'm ~5'9''

Both my dior 19cm and 005s are size 28; I'd say the pbjs are right inbetween the dior 19cm and 21cm in terms of the thigh size. From the knee down they're much closer to the 21cm and about 2'' shorter. The pbjs rise is also considerably higher, although mine haven't stretched that much yet, don't know where they'll end up. Hope that helps.

edit: I'm ~5'9''

honestly, thats the best thing anyone has really said to me yet in this thread! thanks:)

got the jeans today. I probably should have ordered a 31 for them to fit a bit better in the waist or maybe even a 30 and they could have stretched a bit, but everything you guys said was pretty true. there is no way for these to look good on someone as short as me. they were SUPER baggy and look pretty shitty. Denim was nice though and I wish they would have fit differently. I cant really imagine anyone under 5'10'' wearing these unless you are like a 26 in the waist...

so Im sending them back tomorrow. Ive been looking at other jeans... something that might be a bit more flattering on a shorter, not super skinny guy. PBJ xx05s look nice, but are they slim fitting at all? Are apcs a possibility for someone of my build?

thanks guys.

i think its the picture, they don't look baggy at all. these are 33, my reg size. i can't go down anymore cause they just wouldnt button. right now its pretty close anyway. i also have big thighs and that stops me from getting some skinny jeans.

how tall are you? mine fit even more baggy than that and I had a 32...

polishmike, I think you could probably do with a little bit of hemming, since those are 21's and they do look a little baggy in that picture. Then again, if you say they look skinnier in real life you many not want to hem, the bunching and length do look ok, they just look a little baggy and wide as others have mentioned.

well, mine are very slim at the thigh. i just don't have skinny legs like most of the guys here. they do bunch up at the bottom a lot but i think that looks way better on skinny tall guys. i have apc ns and i didn't hem them but with diors i think i'll have to. i'll post pics in before and after.