new acronym season

xcoldricex

the new 07 line is up. open to people that got emails and passwords only though.

they did a blazer and a trench. redid some of the jackets in white. you have until aug. 31st to order and they'll ship in feb.

anyone have an acronym bag? how's it been holding up? thinking about plopping some $ down on one. (i know at least one person has one, i remember reading a post on it awhile back)

Anyone that has access to the site and posts pics is in jeapordy of not being able to order, or retain future access to the site, so I, for one will not be posting pics.

BUT, the "blazer" that is on the site for Sring 2007 is very similar to the jacket, if not the same, as the one coming out for Fall 2006. Can't wait for that one.

As far as the bags go, I would HIGHLY recommend them. Incredible quality, and unique.

ACR is definitely not for heads that have low bank account balances. Consider the brand an investment. i have nothing but compliments for Errolson & Co.

Although I love both (w)taps and Acronym, and although they are both military influenced. They a kind of apples and oranges. Designs are drastically different, fabrics are drastically different. Quality for both, IN GENERAL, is on point. I do have to say though that I have had a few pair of (w)taps BDU's that have ripped in the same exact spot, and have seen it happen to others in the same exact spot: wearer's right back side to the left of the back pocket flap.

Password protected line? "No reselling on the internet"? Yawn. Trying too hard. Nobody would give a shit about Acronym if it weren't for internet hype. Cutting that off = poor judgement of clientele. Quality of materials / construction can't be denied, but the designs aren't really all that up to snuff. Acronym needs to get over itself.

Never seen any ACR in person, but let me ask this. If their clothes are so dope, and such top of the line outerwear, unparalleld by near anyone in the game, why is it that all of the people I know who are serious climbers and hikers have never heard of them? (and I don't mean bouldering and trail running). Not trying to attack the brand, more interested in what it is that seperates them from the rest of the pack OTHER than a keen sense for FASHION FORWARD design. Most people queing up for an "invitation only pre-sale" on the internet will prolly not be summiting Denali, dog-sledding in Nome, or Winter trekking in northern europe. they will be walking around cities and possibly taking a ride up the lift here and there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that at face, but the whole hubub smacks of some serious bullshit. If they are merely attempting a design oriented take on traditional mountainwear with top of the line materials and bomb proof constuction that is fine, but recognize that shit for what it is...FASHION. I know that one of the dudes used to design for arc teryx, and it shows in both the companies products. In my mind, Arcteryx is a slightly better designed sleeker take on Patagonia, who just yesterday gave me a fresh new all black three layer gore-tex no questions asked when I brought in an old one with a slight problem. That to me, is an example of an "unparralled commitment" to mountaineering as well as the casual use types.

And on a last note...who the fuck wears a gore-tex blazer into the wilderness...and a trenchcoat...you must be kidding...that had me laughing in my chair. If it looks good and is really as well put together as I hear, then so be it, those who can afford the styling and attention to detail will. I just get a bit agro when I start to feel like "quality" is becoming an unreasonable excuse to spend massive amounts of money, when what we all really want is to be dipped in the latest, flyest gear that no one else has...

Easy,

Wolves

Even if i myself own a goretex/casmere jacket and a backpack that i realy like i must say that raised by wolf is on point for most part. And this post no pictures, no resale shit is fuckin retarded. Someone send me those pictures, i will gladly post them. Who the hell bow down to a company that you are giving good money to.

How would YOU improve on their designs?

I doubt I could. I'm not a designer. As a consumer however, I am perfectly entitled to hold the opinion that the appearance of Acronym garments does not make them stand out. I picked up the SS-J2 hoodie from last season and while it's extremely well put together and has some really nice technical features, it really doesn't look all that dissimilar from a Carhartt hoodie at 1/10th the retail.

Never seen any ACR in person, but let me ask this. If their clothes are so dope, and such top of the line outerwear, unparalleld by near anyone in the game, why is it that all of the people I know who are serious climbers and hikers have never heard of them? (and I don't mean bouldering and trail running). Not trying to attack the brand, more interested in what it is that seperates them from the rest of the pack OTHER than a keen sense for FASHION FORWARD design. Most people queing up for an "invitation only pre-sale" on the internet will prolly not be summiting Denali, dog-sledding in Nome, or Winter trekking in northern europe. they will be walking around cities and possibly taking a ride up the lift here and there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that at face, but the whole hubub smacks of some serious bullshit. If they are merely attempting a design oriented take on traditional mountainwear with top of the line materials and bomb proof constuction that is fine, but recognize that shit for what it is...FASHION. I know that one of the dudes used to design for arc teryx, and it shows in both the companies products. In my mind, Arcteryx is a slightly better designed sleeker take on Patagonia, who just yesterday gave me a fresh new all black three layer gore-tex no questions asked when I brought in an old one with a slight problem. That to me, is an example of an "unparralled commitment" to mountaineering as well as the casual use types.

And on a last note...who the fuck wears a gore-tex blazer into the wilderness...and a trenchcoat...you must be kidding...that had me laughing in my chair. If it looks good and is really as well put together as I hear, then so be it, those who can afford the styling and attention to detail will. I just get a bit agro when I start to feel like "quality" is becoming an unreasonable excuse to spend massive amounts of money, when what we all really want is to be dipped in the latest, flyest gear that no one else has...

Easy,

Wolves

Fuckin A voice of reason.

As a response to those questioning the clientele of Acronym...

I just summited a fourteener this morning out in Colorado, and have skied heavily in my Acronym cashmere goretex for the last few seasons. Reactions from lifties, other skiers, locals, has all been favorable. I honestly don't intend to buy outerwear from other companies if I can avoid it. I don't think its lack of recognition stems from a lacking performance in the burly climates it's actually intended for. I think it is more related to the limited numbers in which they produce their items; if hardly anyone has a chance of getting it, the mountaineers who shop at REI or other even more specialized outdoor shops won't ever even hear of it, let alone have a chance to buy it.

I think Wolves answered his own question by saying "a keen sense for FASHION FORWARD design". Anything more than that is probably reading into it too much.

You're right...

And In no way was I trying to question the clientele's "credibility". Just some honest thought out observations to generate discussion. I find the idea of intense exclusivity in the distro of a product that by nature claims to be utilitarian is interesting. Nothing more...nothing less.