Finally got my first pair of Japanese Denim; Flat Head 3001

qom

Bringing this thread back to life. Scyamore and I bought our Flat Heads yesterday at SE. Damn these fuckers are long. 29 x 36, but actual measurements of the waist are 30 x 37, so I'm assuming a warm/hot soak is neccessary for proper STF'age. The inseam is killer--too bad I don't like to cuff. Sycamore's looks good--my legs are just too skinny.

flathead_rotate.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They looks awesome. How heavy? 19oz?

It doesn't say on the tag (although the smaller tags w/ text are all in Japanese...) but it feels to be about 19oz. It's very stiff, rigid, and slightly heavier. Definitely not close to the Iron Hearts, so without knowing, I'd say it feels like 17ish.

Ask stunt or kiya though, they may know more, since I got it at Self Edge.

14.5oz. good fit, I want to get the 3008s but the long inseam annoys me.

What's the difference between the 3001 and the 3008? Yeah, 36 in hella long, the stack is super boxy since it's so rigid. I'm hoping a warm soak for an hour or two will help shrink some of the inseam and maybe help with the boxiness.

What's the difference between the 3001 and the 3008? Yeah, 36 in hella long, the stack is super boxy since it's so rigid. I'm hoping a warm soak for an hour or two will help shrink some of the inseam and maybe help with the boxiness.

the 3008 is a 66 cut which means it has a higher rise and tapering legs, still a slim cut though.

Will they really shrink to 36? They're listed with a 34" inseam everywhere on rakuten, but the patch obviously says 36.

Maybe they decided to make them 36 in length just recently and the stores haven't updated their measurements yet. I never noticed the Flat Heads having a 36 inseam before.

the 3008 is a 66 cut which means it has a higher rise and tapering legs, still a slim cut though.

Will they really shrink to 36? They're listed with a 34" inseam everywhere on rakuten, but the patch obviously says 36.

Maybe they decided to make them 36 in length just recently and the stores haven't updated their measurements yet. I never noticed the Flat Heads having a 36 inseam before.

Actual length is even longer. 37" with the measuring tape. So I'm assuming this is going to shrink about 1". Odd?

If wear a size 29 in regular denim

and i wear a 27 in APC's (which stretches out to fit my 29 waist)

what size should i buy these flathead3001 in so they'll have a tight fit like qom's after the soak?

im looking for a 29/34 after soak, correct me if im wrong but im looking at a 32/36 in these? or a 30/36?

Nice Jeans man!

I realized a while back a strange phenomenon about inseam lengths, even if the pattern is cut at EXACTLY at 36inch, when made up they always come out longer. Thats why all the one length inseam brands, Diors etc all end up at 37inch. Weird....where does the extra inch come from.......your guess is as good as mine.

I scoured the thread but could not find a definitive answer. Are the 3001's a standard, repro, high-rise (like Samurai's, etc.) or does is have a lower/mid-rise?

Thanks in advance...

The 3001's are not repros of any kind..

they are slim fit, zipper fly, and are only made up to size 34...

They're the fastest selling jeans we've ever had at Self Edge.. we went through 18 pairs in three days.

We're getting in the 5100 on Friday, which is the 13.5 ounce special edition. cut is similar to a 3005...

I am really considering buying these... but i am concerned they may be too tight. I have never really liked super slim or tight in the legs jeans.

I wear a size 34 in Sugar cane 1947 and the legs are almost perfect (a little baggy)

Would a size 34 in Flathead 3001 be way too tight in the legs (i have big thighs)

thanks

I am really considering buying these... but i am concerned they may be too tight. I have never really liked super slim or tight in the legs jeans.

I wear a size 34 in Sugar cane 1947 and the legs are almost perfect (a little baggy)

Would a size 34 in Flathead 3001 be way too tight in the legs (i have big thighs)

thanks

If you have large thighs i would stay FAR from the 3001. It's quite a slim cut, especially for a denim company that specializes in more classic cuts from the 40's to the 60's.

I normally recommend Sugarcanes to people with larger thighs. If you already have a pair of the 1947 i'd check out the Hawaii, Union Star, or Okinawa.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bringing this thread back to life. Scyamore and I bought our Flat Heads yesterday at SE. Damn these fuckers are long. 29 x 36, but actual measurements of the waist are 30 x 37, so I'm assuming a warm/hot soak is neccessary for proper STF'age. The inseam is killer--too bad I don't like to cuff. Sycamore's looks good--my legs are just too skinny.

flathead_rotate.gif

thats how i want my next pair to fit, just like THAT!