eyewear

coolhunter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any ideas for white glass frames? grunhauser? :)

these are sunglasses, but something similar:

Look at Royal Optics from http://funk.de Models Octavian, Pompejus and Antonius come in a color called White Line - white and crystal mix of acetate. All three are killer shapes but each is designed to fit different types of faces.

http://spectaclesforhumans.blogspot.com/search?q=funk

Yeah, it's really big over there. Korea too. But there are two lines: relatively inexpensive line of sunwear which you can find for around a $100, and the new Royal Optics, higher quality, hand-made acetate frames destined for prescription use. These will set you back $300-$350.

Hey Lek, could you tell me which shops stock Less Than Human in Singapore? Thank you!

IZE at basement 2 Wisma Atria. If memory serve, I saw some at Raffles City basement (an optical shop at the new marketplace) and Tampines Central (Universal at Century Square, I think.) :)

any ideas for white glass frames? grunhauser? :)

these are sunglasses, but something similar:

2738.1_lg.jpg

I was thinking of taking a pair of sunglasses (i.e: rayban wayfarers or quite possibly the above stussy joints) and getting them filled with clear prescription lenses. Has anyone done this?

when i went to collect my KY at IZE, the guy showed me 2 models. A more 'normal' metal frame design cost SGD 400+ (sorry I can't remember exactly coz I wasn't very impressed). The other one, with exchangeable leather wraps on the temples was SGD 489. Quite impressive, pretty loud, definitely unique, and supergay! (sorry ....)

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Picture%2010.jpg

anyone have these lindbergs? thoughts? I might be getting some this week...........

lind.JPG

I found a Lindberg featurette in my latest issue of Mode Optique. If you can read Japanese I would be happy to blow it up for you.

All I know is that it's from Denmark, and its pricepoints are in the upper 300s to 400s, at least in Japan.

Their designs are really clean. The question to ask yourself is how long you want to keep these frames for. I've owned two rimless frames before, and when I outgrow the prescription, I pretty much just say bye bye to them because it's pretty expensive (at least in my cases) to make them redrill holes into new lenses (not to mention have them custom order the lenses from the manufacturer [$$$$]). If, god forbid, you sit on your glasses and bend an arm to hell like I did, it's $$$ to replace. It looks to me that in Lindberg's case though, this won't really happen because the arms are made of titanium.

If I remember right, you have a really long and slender face. You can pull off so many different frames. Maybe you should research some other options before you cop. Those glasses are really good for office people and for looking really sharp. What kind of look are you going for (in the short and long terms), because those frames are like $400. Just saying.

+rape for the writeup!

I work as an art director in an office setting so yeah, I think the clean sophisticated look suits me. I already tried one some rimless lindbergs at the local korean eyewear shop, and they're giving me 20% off my total order. My work also gives me like 125 towards Rx so I'm not sweating the price all that much, I don't mind paying for quality.

i, for one, love ditas frames. made in japan too i think.

yeah. all made in japan, except the recent cazal x dita. those were made in germany.

I missed out on being able to buy the brand new frames by a couple of hours because I went to go eat ramen for lunch. true story. I'm fucking pissed as shit. Now Brad Pitt is wearing those frames laughing at my soul while fucking angelina jolie.

dick.

+rape for the writeup!

I work as an art director in an office setting so yeah, I think the clean sophisticated look suits me. I already tried one some rimless lindbergs at the local korean eyewear shop, and they're giving me 20% off my total order. My work also gives me like 125 towards Rx so I'm not sweating the price all that much, I don't mind paying for quality.

yeah, no problem.

it looks like these frames would be great for you then. if you want to sweat some more balls, i can try to recommend some frames to you that are more next level.

derapage+2008+023.jpg

carbon fiber and stainless steel. the steel is actually individual sheets of metal, screwed together by a JEWELER.

Tornado_exploded+view.JPG

this is a different model. I've handled these ones in real life at spectacles for humans. you can bet your ass that they are fucking nice. they're actually not that expensive either. I don't remember the price exactly anymore, but it was a lot lower than I expected. I think it was 475 or 575.

These frames won some nice awards and have recognition already... and this is a new brand.

p.s. hope you dont mind me borrowing your pics demetri. :o

I used to own a pair but got bored of them.

quality wise, they are damned sweet. they use this 'air titanium' crap thats super light (u really can't feel the weight at all...) and flexible (really ultra bendy ones- the glasses can be stretched out until its almost straight).

if you find a style that you like, i highly recommend it. hated the transition from lindebergs back into plastic frames cos they seemd so heavy after.

• 1 month later...