lets talk watches

poopie boy

Really looking into watches and loving the classic feel I see so far like from relativity:

Saw a post on this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41A4bpVGoTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg Tissot

Also been looking at this:

http://luxlux.com/product_info.php?products_id=130

Any suggestions for that type of look? White face with not too bold dial details and leather strap.

Will be first watch :confused:

Those Toy Watches are a pretty cool rip.

Anyone's rec on a durable, inexpensive watch more classic than a G-Shock?

Looking for something preferably with a >100M water resistance for extreme temperature winter wear.

maybe look into Marathon or Ollech & Wajs watches

Kiya that rolex is a true beauty.

I have been getting tempted by the Rolex Milgauss with the green crystal. I like the look of it and don't generally like new rolex watches much. I also like the fact it was originally designed for scientists who work with strong magnetic fields (I am a scientist).

Someone talk me out of it before I spend a stupid amount of money, or suggest alternatives.

I have been getting tempted by the Rolex Milgauss with the green crystal. I like the look of it and don't generally like new rolex watches much. I also like the fact it was originally designed for scientists who work with strong magnetic fields (I am a scientist).

Someone talk me out of it before I spend a stupid amount of money, or suggest alternatives.

alright get a sinn

spend less and get more

This is not exactly "talking you out of it" but an alternative is IWCs Ingenieur which I think had the whole antimagnetic case thing first. Starts at half the price of the Milligauss (hence not really helpful).

For me that stupid seconds hand completely kills the Milligauss anyways (come on, a lightning bolt on the face of a Rolex...).

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I had a look at the IWC ingenieur but I am not keen on it. I love the IWC Portuguese though.

Sinn look really good, I never knew they did anti-magnetic watches. The only thing that sways me away from those is that I have a Stowa already and would like something different (ie not German and not with an ETA 2824-2 movement) I'm assuming most of the Sinn watches have that movement?

I like the stupid second hand on the Milgauss man!

Nice watch.... post some wrist pictures if you get a chance!

Recent pic of my Archimede Pilot M on a nato strap.

archimedeezaalm.jpg

Eric, any recommendation for a local watchmakers that can regulate my watch? It's been running unusually fast and I'd like to have it fixed locally.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, but only the hands and band were custom. face and bezel are stock.

Here's a picture of the skx031completely stock and available o-t-s, on a regular oyster band.

I personally prefer the fit and feel of the super oyster a lot more, so i swapped in one of those. it's heavier (feels more solid) and has micro-adjust for best fit- for an extra $30-40, i highly recommend it. i also didn't like the stock hands that much, and love the benz hands, so I modded that too.

I'm thinking about making another one for my dad soon, for xmas.