RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

I'm not lying about the sale rack. It's 75% off the lowest ticketed price. so it's double reduced. I get pants for around 30-40 and shirts for 15-30 regularly. and that's without the coupons you get in e-mail that are like an additional 20% off every 150 u spend or whatever. That's what these resellers do. they get the shit for dirt cheap.

as for quality, I've seen alot of RRL stuff and inspected it, the quality and execution of detail just isn't on par with the majority of Japanese brands. Take a pair of Samurais and a pair of RRL's and put them next to each other. it's no comparison. Japanese selvage is a broad term, it doesn't mean instant quality. take a RRL leather flight jacket and put it next to a Buzz or Mccoys and there is no comparison.

RRL only gained ground on this forum because you used to be able to buy pairs for 30-40 bucks on Ebay, in that case, it was an incredible entry level selvage jean, but the price goes up, and you start to see that the vast majority of the stuff is more style than substance.

I'm a planner at an advertising agency and stand by the fact that any one whose padding their resume with "Ebay powerseller" will be not be competing with me for my job.

i own several pairs of samurai and RRL in general are just as good from what I've seen. If they ever had my size I'd would have gotten a pair already. "quality" is such a subjective term. My PRPS' are "better quality" than either of the samurai's I own or owned in the past. People need to get past branding...

I

as for quality, I've seen alot of RRL stuff and inspected it, the quality and execution of detail just isn't on par with the majority of Japanese brands. Take a pair of Samurais and a pair of RRL's and put them next to each other. it's no comparison. Japanese selvage is a broad term, it doesn't mean instant quality. take a RRL leather flight jacket and put it next to a Buzz or Mccoys and there is no comparison.

RRL only gained ground on this forum because you used to be able to buy pairs for 30-40 bucks on Ebay, in that case, it was an incredible entry level selvage jean, but the price goes up, and you start to see that the vast majority of the stuff is more style than substance.

From what I've seen in person and on these forums, RRL is comparable (favorably) to more expensive/exclusive japanese brands on this forum. The jeans have excellent chain stitching, the usual copper rivets and most of the bell whistles (except rear-pocket lining) of their Japanese peers. I particularly love the strong pocket bags. What in particular does Samurai do better than RRL? Sure, Samurai offers a more diverse selection of denim types and at various weights, but wouldn't necessarily label RRL an "inferior" product.

Also, it's kinda of absurd to compare Buzz Rickson or McCoy jackets , which range from $1000 to 600 and are primarily focused being exact reproductions, to RRL jackets.

dcdenim you shit up this thread the most i have seen no positive contribution from you.

and poly you are right everyone is just looking for the uber fast fading denim so they can get rep on sufu real quick... its funny too cuz if you think about it half these little asian kids are gunna be over raw denim in a few months anyways.

without question. another alternative would be ande whall

hm...are they even similar cut? I have never seen or touch a pair of RRL in real life, if I wear sz 29 APC NS (supposely it will stretch to 17" waist) what size do I wear for RRL?

I am only going to buy 1 pair of raw denim. Might as well get the best one that's within my budget.

I love the APC NS because of its cut, unfortunately I got 1 sz too small so I have to sell it or return it.

I would never want to buy samurai or SC since I don't really like their high back rise.

From my personal experience, the RRL's don't stretch anywhere near as much as apc's and they hold their indigo for a lot longer.

actual waist (belly button) - 30"

low rise waist -hip bone area - 32-33" (New Standard waist)

thigh - 23"

ass - around 36-38

If I want something fit like APC NS...(tapered but not tight)

which style & what size should I order?

Couldn't tell you for sure. I know that they make a slim straight cut, that and a good tailor may be your best bet.

I'm around a 32" waist, wear a 28 in Rescues and fit RRL 30's.

I don't really mess with anything too slim though.

thx for the help...Buying jean without seeing them how they fit is a dangerous idea, I'll probably just stick with apc, haha

fit is more important to me than the fabrics. I'd rather not mess with taylors, most of them r not fashion masterminds.

man i'll probably check out TJMaxxx & Ross and see if they have some RRL.

I've been wearing these RRL Straights sized down 2-3 for the past month or so and I have really like them. Sized down they fit very much like a slim-straight jeans, although the hems are a little wider than I usually like, it works well with winter boots-black Gentleman Travelers!. The denim has a nice feel and color and is already showing good wear on the combs and whiskers.

The only things is I wish they were dry, so that there was some leg twist and roping on the hems. Overall, the construction is good, although the threads on the back yoke have stretched a lot and needed some reinforcement, but that is probably from sizing down so much. I'm going to continue wearing these optimistically.

• 2 weeks later...
i need to update all the rrl shit i have now... a western shirt, a short sleeve selvage chambray, a new pair of distressed straight leg jeans, and my girl wanted to post her 5 pair for fit pics... will get those this weekend when she gets back in town

nice cant wait. i need more rrl in my life i only have a pair that i love dearly.

fake?

:confused:

That always is a valid option. Good thing I have not purchased them yet...

I will get more info from the seller.

Apparently its as stiff as one-wash RRL's, however the denim is thinner according to him and just a tad lighter denim weight

anyone know if its a good idea buying a 32 waist pair of prewash jeans if i normally buy 33 / 34 size waist? I bought a pair of size 34 straight leg prewash jeans before from the outlet and shit was so baggy. So I'm wondering if that remains true for all the other prewash mainly this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Patchwork-RRL-denim-Jeans-Pants-32-x-34_W0QQitemZ170289190536QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item170289190536&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Guest DCDenim
anyone know if its a good idea buying a 32 waist pair of prewash jeans if i normally buy 33 / 34 size waist? I bought a pair of size 34 straight leg prewash jeans before from the outlet and shit was so baggy. So I'm wondering if that remains true for all the other prewash mainly this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Patchwork-RRL-denim-Jeans-Pants-32-x-34_W0QQitemZ170289190536QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item170289190536&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

those are awful, there are lots of great distressed models on ebay if you search for them..

Guest DCDenim
Wondering if anyone can help me out with these.

Straight Leg Fit, Classic I believe.

They are Zip Fly, which is unusual to me, and onewash/lighter onewash than Ive usually seen...=\

Any info?

3264389451_1af9103cab.jpg

3265219408_f97ca9a2ff.jpg

3264387593_f6474e0ab9.jpg

Zip fly

$185 retail

Not labeled 'Japanese selvedge' inside pockets.

Blue line selvedge.

I'd recommend going with the RRL raw rinse $225 or rigid $210 button fly because they are heavier and of much better quality.