superconfessional

My biggest obstacle concerning being an aspiring MC, is remembering my lines, so I won't be embarassed at a live show...I haven't got the opportunity to do a show yet, nor have I really recited at any public places, but I usually freestyle/write with friends.

My biggest obstacle concerning being an aspiring MC, is remembering my lines, so I won't be embarassed at a live show...I haven't got the opportunity to do a show yet, nor have I really recited at any public places, but I usually freestyle/write with friends.

Practice in front of a mirror and on the corner and shit. Fuck the haters. Have you recorded any tracks or anything?

You have to pay to use the fucking search over there so i just pulled up the first one i found from the page I'm on right now. She posts here as heartbrokensoulshaked but either doesnt cross post fits or i have no short term memory.

[xIMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/greenappleflavor/00000000work1.jpg[/img]

[xIMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/greenappleflavor/00000000work.jpg[/img]

[xIMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/greenappleflavor/0-08100a.jpg[/img]

[xIMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/greenappleflavor/0-081000d.jpg[/img]

edit: I'm a fucking idiot and have been reading topicstyle for 2 weeks now for no reason. Also I should probably get my memory checked out. All of these were posted in our waywt.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/search.php?searchid=938423

why are you searching out her posts on another forum? that's kinda creepy.

try this un

i act. and ive gotten used to memorizing 150+lines in a very short amount of time.

what i usually do is retype all of my lines myself.

the act of typing them and getting them onto a different medium aids in the memorization process. and then you have something else to look on for memorization.

when bored and doing nothing, just scribble down your lines on something to keep it fresh.

but its totally different for everyone.

Practice in front of a mirror and on the corner and shit. Fuck the haters. Have you recorded any tracks or anything?

We've been in the process of recording, going to one of my friend's cousin's houses and recording a few freestyles in a makeshift studio. But yeah, we record on ourcellphones lol, pretty much just trying to bolster our skill and get a feel of our styles.

try this un

i act. and ive gotten used to memorizing 150+lines in a very short amount of time.

what i usually do is retype all of my lines myself.

the act of typing them and getting them onto a different medium aids in the memorization process. and then you have something else to look on for memorization.

when bored and doing nothing, just scribble down your lines on something to keep it fresh.

but its totally different for everyone.

Yeah, someone I know got me into writing stuff that comes into my mind, it's usually one good line and if I focus on that, it bears at the least a decent verse as fruit...

Thanks for the advice.

don't worry, remembering the words is the least of your problems.

when you record a track, you have to do so billions of takes, especially if you're a beginner. then you have to do choruses. then adlibs. if your recording engineer doesn't know what he's doing, then you might have to double up on the verses and choruses a few times. then, you might be around for mixing. by the time you're done, you've listened to the track hundreds of times. even the recording engineer will know each word in the verse.

being an emcee is being a performer. if you have trouble performing, you're not gonna make it as an emcee, regardless of whether you know the words or not.

We've been in the process of recording, going to one of my friend's cousin's houses and recording a few freestyles in a makeshift studio. But yeah, we record on ourcellphones lol, pretty much just trying to bolster our skill and get a feel of our styles.

Yeah, someone I know got me into writing stuff that comes into my mind, it's usually one good line and if I focus on that, it bears at the least a decent verse as fruit...

Thanks for the advice.

Just practice practice practice. If you record shit and play it back all the time, you'll know the words in no time. I'm a DJ, but I did hype for all my MCs at shows just because I knew all the words from listening all fuckin day. The key is to just keep doing it and doing it.

Live shows are the best though. I focus on records for my rock group, but my hip-hop group was all about rocking parties and shows. Fuck man, getting a crowd jumping is one of the best feelings ever! Honestly, crowd control is just as or more important than having all your verses down. At a live show, most times they don't even know what you're saying and you can get a better reaction with some "when I say hip, ya'll say hop" lines.

Anyway, just practice and play some parties, where it's all good to fuck up a bit and people are way more likely to get into it

edit: beaten my miz, with the truth. can't rep, but I would

im not the best freestylist, but what i've learned from my friends who can actually rap is - keep a clear mind, you have to be in a sort of "zen" place to channel the words appropriately and without sounding forced or deliberate. before you come out with something, try and go from a stock list (in your mind of course) of transitional phrases that can help lead you into certain rhyme schemes and patterns. try to annunciate the best you can, because if you're mumbling or the words are coming out all garbled and it sounds like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of its mouth, then you'll find yourself slipping up and not getting anything out.

if you're rhyming from pre-written verses, always annunciate, but also, try multiple voices for a certain line and have a type of "voice point of view" that you're rapping from. i know i'm a white boy saying this, but i've taken a lot of poetry courses and rapping, at least in my mind, can be an extremely poetic medium. heres an example (though its from a white rapper), rhyming in different voices and different perspectives. not the best rhymes, but mike skinner is definately original on the scale of things.

gwDRBm-qbQI

don't worry, remembering the words is the least of your problems.

when you record a track, you have to do so billions of takes, especially if you're a beginner. then you have to do choruses. then adlibs. if your recording engineer doesn't know what he's doing, then you might have to double up on the verses and choruses a few times. then, you might be around for mixing. by the time you're done, you've listened to the track hundreds of times. even the recording engineer will know each word in the verse.

being an emcee is being a performer. if you have trouble performing, you're not gonna make it as an emcee, regardless of whether you know the words or not.

Just practice practice practice. If you record shit and play it back all the time, you'll know the words in no time. I'm a DJ, but I did hype for all my MCs at shows just because I knew all the words from listening all fuckin day. The key is to just keep doing it and doing it.

Live shows are the best though. I focus on records for my rock group, but my hip-hop group was all about rocking parties and shows. Fuck man, getting a crowd jumping is one of the best feelings ever! Honestly, crowd control is just as or more important than having all your verses down. At a live show, most times they don't even know what you're saying and you can get a better reaction with some "when I say hip, ya'll say hop" lines.

Anyway, just practice and play some parties, where it's all good to fuck up a bit and people are way more likely to get into it

edit: beaten my miz, with the truth. can't rep, but I would

im not the best freestylist, but what i've learned from my friends who can actually rap is - keep a clear mind, you have to be in a sort of "zen" place to channel the words appropriately and without sounding forced or deliberate. before you come out with something, try and go from a stock list (in your mind of course) of transitional phrases that can help lead you into certain rhyme schemes and patterns. try to annunciate the best you can, because if you're mumbling or the words are coming out all garbled and it sounds like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of its mouth, then you'll find yourself slipping up and not getting anything out.

if you're rhyming from pre-written verses, always annunciate, but also, try multiple voices for a certain line and have a type of "voice point of view" that you're rapping from. i know i'm a white boy saying this, but i've taken a lot of poetry courses and rapping, at least in my mind, can be an extremely poetic medium. heres an example (though its from a white rapper), rhyming in different voices and different perspectives. not the best rhymes, but mike skinner is definately original on the scale of things.

gwDRBm-qbQI

Really, thanks for all of the advice/info/warnings...would rep if I could, but I'm out for today.

confession: I fucking hate Mike Skinner, sorry man
Really, thanks for all of the advice/info/warnings...would rep if I could, but I'm out for today.

haha, fair enough johnny.

and you're welcome. rep is appreciated, but not required.

i feel you about the whole clear mind thing

doing improv and flowing both just come out of me way easier

if i dont focus on shit like "alright ill through out that line next then go into that thing"

if i just let my unconscious do all the work and let my conscios mind just focus on

keeping a scene in order/ryhme scheme in place. it all goes way better than planned shit.

i feel you about the whole clear mind thing

doing improv and flowing both just come out of me way easier

if i dont focus on shit like "alright ill through out that line next then go into that thing"

if i just let my unconscious do all the work and let my conscios mind just focus on

keeping a scene in order/ryhme scheme in place. it all goes way better than planned shit.

I think I've actually tapped into that zen-like mindstate sometimes when flowing, I end up getting interrupted somtimes in the cipher though...

im sitting in yyz waiting for my flight to ireland and i feel like stabbing myself in the forehead with a machete made of fire

how is the security/screening at pearson? i'm leaving next week and don't wanna check any luggage so im wondering if i'll be able to take my shaving razor. And are they really anal about liquids? I heard some places you cant even take a bottle of water..

I confess that, even in my purple zebra pants, I feel I'm very slightly above your average black kid's rapping skills. I don't ever mention it to people because it's not a skill I pride myself on, but if anyone ever asked me to I've always done so and so far they've (atleast to my face) been impressed. Maybe not because I'm special at all but because they expect nothing of me.

I confess that, even in my purple zebra pants, I feel I'm very slightly above your average black kid's rapping skills. I don't ever mention it to people because it's not a skill I pride myself on, but if anyone ever asked me to I've always done so and so far they've (atleast to my face) been impressed. Maybe not because I'm special at all but because they expect nothing of me.

Pretty cool...people around me want me to rap (part of why I started doing it), I started off with amateur poetry. I don't usually tell people I rap because seemingly everyone wants to rap nowadays..

im pretty high/buzzed from like 4 beers and a good sized spliff. and i totally said i was gonna sober up until after the weekend because of the acid trip, but well. thats out the window.

im talking to a girl that gave me the run around a couple months ago, and im being increasingly unkind.