superconfessional

all this talk of myspace vs. facebook...

who's read the sociological paper that's all hot right now showing how in america preppy and/or normal people are into facebook and artsy/queer/minority folks are more into myspace?

im afriad. i started playing CS again and im starting to not suck. but im also actually starting to play it. and ive seen many a fine man sink into the CS blues where they just never go out, and game all the time and sacrifice their social life.

i dont think i will take it that far. but the thought is in the back of my head.

if the internet were a shitty dystopian novel by ayn rand or someshit.

facebook would be the perfect utopia eden like place.

myspace would be the outter area, thats all steam punk and shit.

im afriad. i started playing CS again and im starting to not suck. but im also actually starting to play it. and ive seen many a fine man sink into the CS blues where they just never go out, and game all the time and sacrifice their social life.

i dont think i will take it that far. but the thought is in the back of my head.

if the internet were a shitty dystopian novel by ayn rand or someshit.

facebook would be the perfect utopia eden like place.

myspace would be the outter area, thats all steam punk and shit.

im sorry. i feel like i contributed to that.

who's read the sociological paper that's all hot right now showing how in america preppy and/or normal people are into facebook and artsy/queer/minority folks are more into myspace?

ughhhh, if myspace = artsy i'm gonna shoot myself.

One Friday night everybody went down the bar but I stayed in to play Counterstrike, which I had only recently discovered. Shameful. Thankfully it was on a friend's computer, so I couldn't play at my leisure and quickly got over it.

Guest scruf
I've watched the DEVIL WEARS PRADA probably 15-20 times in the past month

i'm not gonna trip on you man. especially since i've got the dvd

I read this.

I knew it ever since I noticed the lines of people I like / dislike are practically split along lines of people who are on myspace vs. facebook. More and more people seem to migrating to the latter at this point, however.

ha, it's on HBO and catch myself watching it all the time as well. I really crack up because of the conan o'brien on the aisle skit where he did it

YES!!!!!!!!!!! i been watching it on HBO soo much!!!! i swear tho my fav part is when she is wearing the blue sweater and she gets flamed by Miranda about how its a shade called "cerriliun" (sp)!!

have you looked at virb?

it's like extra scene.

artsy/queer folks are into livejournal. musical/queer folks are into myspace. there are spill overs from those two categories who are into facebook but i agree with OMC that it is mostly preps/norms.

Thanks for posting the article. Interesting for me as the perspective of these is a lot different in Australia mostly due to the fact that facebook was US college driven.

My judgment is based on the people i know who use livejournal/myspace/facebook - all of which are similar age bracket and somewhat similar income and level of schooling.

Arty friends into photography, illustration, fashion and other visual creatives use live journal to exhibit their stuff and use the creative communities etc.

friends who dj, are in bands etc use myspace as a promotion tool to advertise gigs and stream their music, mixes whatever.

and the people who have nothing to really show or promote use facebook to just talk to people etc etc, but most of the people who have the first two have facebook as well.

I don't have any of the above. I had a live journal but my account lay dormant for years and i finally closed it earlier this year.

i dont know anyone who uses live journal... nearly everyone out my way ha moved from myspace to facebook because facebook's interface and layout is so money.

Myspace reminds me too much of rupert murdoch, and that sends chills down my spine. i guess the guy who made facebook has rejected multiple multi-million dollar bids from the likes of yahoo, geocities and google but has turned them all away thus far. i find comfort in that.

Edit: ^^^^ That too (just read it)

Everyone I know is on Facebook simply because everyone I know is on Facebook, not a College thing in this case, just became a massive trend at my school/area, no real division of artsy/"normal". Actually that's probably just because no one is real artsy around here ...