superconfessional

confession: I can't stop laughing about people who take SAT prep classes. My studying consisted of looking at a list of "difficult" words that the SAT uses to throw people off in the language part and then realizing I know them all. And then writing a 2170.

No matter how much of an arrogant prick that makes me sound like, the point is this: SAT scores don't fucking matter beyond 650 in each section. Even for the best schools.

which "best school" do you go 2 GENIUS???

take a carton into a room without windows

smoke til you can't take it

then smoke some more

smoke til you puke

maybe pay a buddy to keep you locked in til you smoke the whole carton

you'll quit or die

guess you'll do that anyway

good luck cowboy

i tried something like this once

fell asleep sometime during the third pack

woke up with the gnarliest breath

stayed away for a little

but not even the worst hangovers keep me away from drinking too long namean

my superconfession is that i have rationalized not quitting by smoking mostly seven stars and this plus, telling myself that the charcoal filters make them practically healthy

confession: I can't stop laughing about people who take SAT prep classes. My studying consisted of looking at a list of "difficult" words that the SAT uses to throw people off in the language part and then realizing I know them all. And then writing a 2170.

gosh, that's really, really engrossing.....please continue to share similar, highly captivating details of your life, especially the following must-know items:

GPA

income (+ bonuses, if any)

average # of pussy obtained per week

dick size (length and girth)

amount you can bench

No matter how much of an arrogant prick that makes me sound like, the point is this: SAT scores don't fucking matter beyond 650 in each section. Even for the best schools.

or take it from someone who worked in ivy league admissions and SAT scores really don't matter at all.

im leaving for my trip tomorrow night and im sad that im not gonna browse sufu for a month. the only threads i will bother with are worst waywt, best of waywt, quick browse of recent purchases, and sammy contest. clopek is right about withdrawal symptoms... at least for a nerd like me.

... and my favorite thread is superconfessional too ... :( :( :( :( :(

in other news, get your order in people.... or cry when people are posting visvims and you arent.

i am not chosing to take this class, nor do i have to, but it is expect of me.

everyone who makes about a 150 on their psat, which is really fucking easy to do, is allowed to take this class for a little gpa boost and some a.a.s. elective credit for those that havent already taken the class. pretty much everyone takes it though, it is very rare in anyone i know who hasnt taken it.

im not to type who really needs it, but i would enjoy a little boost in score.

i am not chosing to take this class, nor do i have to, but it is expect of me.

everyone who makes about a 150 on their psat, which is really fucking easy to do, is allowed to take this class for a little gpa boost and some a.a.s. elective credit for those that havent already taken the class. pretty much everyone takes it though, it is very rare in anyone i know who hasnt taken it.

im not to type who really needs it, but i would enjoy a little boost in score.

theres nothing wrong with getting ahead - i have an SAT tutor, though im completely capable of making a good and fairly high score. doesn't mean i dont appreciate the help and leg up it gives to some of us. honestly, people who tell you they dont need SAT courses are full of themselves because of their scores. what i've learned from my tutoring is that SAT's are a fluke and that most people are completely capable of doing the work. none of the reading is above the 10th grade level, and the math never exceeds mid-level algebra and geometry. its all a matter of logic.

i appreciate my SAT tutor. he's also a chill guy and has been teaching me more techniques in filming (he's a film major) and is funny as hell.

all standardizeds tests are "flukes." and the point about logic is all that really matters. it's been mentioned before, but some of the best schools are now making the SAT's optional simply because they realize the flaw in the system. Do what you can to prepare, do your best, but work on your personal statement. That's the key for all the ivy and pseudo ivy's.

I dislike repeating my name. Or saying it in general.

Me too, for the same reason. People always ask me to repeat it.

My full name is Kernipartap, but I go by Kerni to make life easier.

When I was 5 a Japanese tourist asked my mother if they could take my picture. It was in Sydney airport in 1987. The reason they wanted my picture was because when I was 5 I had really bright red hair. What my mother gathered from the half japanese- half broken english, was that they had never seen a red headed person in real life before.

It creeps me out sometimes to think some random Japanese family has a picture of me from 20 years ago.

With an 1820 on her SAT.

I'm pretty sure it was because she was also a Mexican female, so combined with good grades and some good looking clubs, she had that edge. But listen, to say SAT scores don't matter at all is ridiculous. There's some point where the score carries a meaning and there is a very big difference between a 1900 and a 2150, one big enough to sway opinions and open doors. I'd say applying to Princeton with a 1600 and she wouldn't have made it, hands down.

She's Mexican FEMALE with a strong well-rounded application, that's why she could get into Princeton w/ a 1820 SAT. All else considered though, if she was Chinese, Korean, Indian, or White, her odds would have been much lower IMO. The number of Mexicans going to college, let alone ivy leagues is atrociously low. Especially females.

Basically if you're Chinese, Korean, Indian, or White from mid-upper middle class upbringing, you're gonna need a good story/something different to stand-out from the crowd and a solid SAT/GPA. That's why the UC system is basically 60-70% Asian now. Its filled w/ all the non-ivy level Asian highschooler who didn't know how to differentiate themselves from the pack. In college, all my Chinese, Korean, Indian friends had that something "extra" to stand-out; either i.e. rich-parents, east-coast boarding school, math olympiads, academic decathalon national winners, top-level research, national level excellence in sports, world class pianist.

But if you took a look at the other minorities, i.e. Blacks, Hispanics, very few were are at that level IMO. Ivy's take them because they need to round out their diversity profile for US News ranking, etc. Especially for engineering, sciences, and business programs its basically a sea of white and asians, where the competition is more competitive. Other minorities tended to do social-sciences, bacholers of arts where its less competitive.

However, if you are a Hispanic/Black w/ top-class credentials, you basically can write your ticket to anywhere you wish; simple supply/demand. That's just the reality for college admissions, but that don't necessarily reflect the racial disparity that exists in the working world where it really counts IMO.

this girl tried to get me fucked up and take advantage of me last night, but it backfired on her. xanax, pbr, and bourbon are not a good combo for me i guess.

another...

i need to stop drinking so much when im out. i know i talked at length with this girl on saturday night, and i know she was really cute. i forgot her name and what she looks like. she sends me a friend request on myspace, and i thought id get some recolection, but her damn photo is too blurry to see her face. i think its her at least... shes the only 19 year old ive talked to in quite some time.