Show us your leather

aleopold

Posted · Hidden by lAo_Bo1, February 11, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by lAo_Bo1, February 11, 2012 - No reason given

needed a case for my new phone so i made this.

007.jpg

is that a mesmerize from us cellular?

I happened upon a small offering of some of this company's goods yesterday and was really impressed by the craftsmanship and designs. The prices are a little steep, ranging from $200-$1,000+ for wallets, but they're just plain beautiful. All of it is made locally on the Japanese island of Okinawa where I currently live. They also seem to do silver jewelry also

http://www.ryukyuleather-lla.com/

zQ9IO.jpg

XAYCu.jpg

25DDw.jpg

ne0rP.jpg

those are tits! can you proxy them by any chance?

Possibly, I'm going to try and go pick up one for myself soon hopefully. It's a little tricky because I'm in the military and my schedule is a little crazy and I don't have a car of my own. I'm also about to leave the island for six weeks in march, but I'm hoping to get to their shop before then.. otherwise it will have to be after. pm me details of what you want

I'm really liking the second one I posted, the medium snap with cloth. It converts to about $850 though which is a lottttt of money so I'm not sure

Edited by gringoinoki

New goodies in the house from Angelos Leather: the 6" Rider Mid Wallet, and Brass Key Hook.

angelos1700x525.jpg

The wallet's design is great - there are four card slots (which keep the cards from sliding in too deep!), a receipt pocket underneath, a coin case on the left side, and a very useful extra pocket on top of it.

angelos2700x525.jpg

The coin case is a great design.

angelos3700x525.jpg

I'm very impressed by the quality and materials on this wallet. The leather is fantastic quality, with great grain, texture, and smell, and the craftsmanship is at least as good as my Redmoon. The linen thread stitching looks very durable (a big advantage over RM's fragile threads) and is hand-stitched. This is the best stuff I've handled by one of the small leather workshops popular on these forums, and could easily be sold for 2-3 times as much money in Japan if you slapped a big name on it. I applied two coats of Flat Head's leather conditioner, and while RM's leather is still slightly more buttery it also feels more fragile than Angelos'. Highly recommended. The brass keyhook is great quality, as well; much nicer than ones I've seen at stores here in Japan.

Also, I got around to photographing the Equus Military Belt I've been wearing for the past few weeks.

bakers1700x525.jpg

bakers2700x525.jpg

I continue to be impressed by the quality of the Baker's leather. I applied two coats of leather feed but there's already a lot of indigo staining going on, which might bother some people but I really like the aquamarine color my Flat Heads are giving it so I don't mind.