Show us your leather

aleopold

I just put my boots on for the first time in about 2 weeks, because its been so hot and humid. Ive been keeping them in the garage, and i think the humidity shrunk them. My toes and heels both barely touch the ends, and its not that comfortable. I'm wearing them today, but does anyone know how else to stretch them?

Edited by jmfr

ef39e7e1-3a4c-4b62-b805-100b17c368ec_zps

New wallet, keychain, and belt in natural. New Belt in brown. The brown belt was a surprise that the maker threw in for free because he said it was blemished (I can't see where though!) and didn't want to sell it.  It's from Roger at Baytowne Leather. Good stuff and good prices:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BayTowneLeatherUSA?ga_search_query=baytowne+leather&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all&ref=sr_gallery_1

All the natural is gonna look a bit akward till it starts to patina :P

Edited by jmfr

Does anyone have any experience with Crow / Black Feather wallets?

2ND carry a few, and they look really nice, but I've not seen any references to them. It's entirely possible that I'm mistranslating the name, though.

I like the look of the C15AN (more pictures on the 2ND blog), which looks pretty compact. But they're not cheap, so I don't fancy being a guinea pig...

img7165cf7czik2zj.jpeg

New wallet, keychain, and belt in natural. New Belt in brown. The brown belt was a surprise that the maker threw in for free because he said it was blemished (I can't see where though!) and didn't want to sell it.  It's from Roger at Baytowne Leather. Good stuff and good prices:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BayTowneLeatherUSA?ga_search_query=baytowne+leather&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all&ref=sr_gallery_1

May have found my next belt!

tumblr_mrmcmnD5C61r19bn4o1_1280.jpg

Custom chromexcel wallet by Scott Willis! A short vertical wallet that's about passport size.

6 card slots + 1 coin pouch + 1 hidden card pocket.

He gave me a nice long leather trimming for me to braid and attach on the zip pull myself as I requested (not pictured though, it's about twice the length of the wallet).

The small leather patch you see is a scrap I requested with his logo for to compare how the leather ages. I kind of regret not getting his logo embossed in the wallet as it is very pleasant looking indeed.

He also threw in a leather coaster and key chain for me! Great guy to work with for your custom products though you might want to go into specifics to make sure it's exactly as you want. The blue zip lining was the only one he had that worked for my design, I didn't mention any particular colour to the zip as I assumed it would be white/brown like in previous pictures on his blog. It turned out to be a nice touch though!

Edited by mree

Wallet from LeatherGoods in natural color used for almost 9 months

gfv5.jpg'

pmcj.jpg

1r3x.jpg

Newb question: a) did yours get like dirty looking from your jeans the first month before patina-ing, and b ) did you put anything on it like obenaufs?

my natural wallet is about 1 month in, and i know "be patient" and everything, but since my jeans are rubbing on it, it just kinda looks dirty and gross. just want to make sure im on the right track

Edited by jmfr

Posted · Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, August 21, 2013 - unauthorized ad
Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, August 21, 2013 - unauthorized ad

Faith X Glory Days for Faith 10th Special WALLET/CORDOVAN

vhpn.jpg

Surface : Cordovan

Inner : Natural Vegetable Tanned Leather

qd2q.jpg

Simple style with the color is just like the Joe McCOY’s Lineman Boots of 20 years ago. 

2l0j.jpg

The texture will be better after using a while.

1c9r.jpg

Smooth fringe with repeated manual polish.

xi22.jpg

Posted · Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, August 21, 2013 - unauthorized ad
Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, August 21, 2013 - unauthorized ad

^ where can I buy?

I am really sorry for clicking the red card on your post !

It's an accident !

My mouse has some problem that i cant control it well^^"

I actually want to click the green one.

Really sorry for that !

IMG_20130825_114641_912_zps5dad51fc.jpg

Old A-2 style leather jacket with Thinsulate from LL Bean when they were made in the USA. Found it in my basement! I guess it was my dads but I never saw him wear it. Im not really a leather jacket guy, but hey it was free!

Question though, is it supposed to be so short (the waist of my jeans is like where the ribbing on the bottom starts, and their not high rise) and if so does it look weird to have a shirt hanging out from under it like mine is now?

And the wet spot on my shirt is because I just got out of the shower   -___-

Edit-updated pic

Edited by jmfr

Newb question: a) did yours get like dirty looking from your jeans the first month before patina-ing, and b ) did you put anything on it like obenaufs?

my natural wallet is about 1 month in, and i know "be patient" and everything, but since my jeans are rubbing on it, it just kinda looks dirty and gross. just want to make sure im on the right track

No not really, I've only had my wallet in my backpocket of my jeans and this is the way it has turnd down so far. Haven't put anything on it.