Show us your leather

aleopold

Thanks eltoponess.

W11114m and the black goat thanks also.

Japanese cordovan is different indeed. Theblackgoat pretty much hit it on the head with his discription. This piece of leather is refined and tough at the same time and is beginning to mold and take shape quickly. Break in time is less than I expected.

Oh I see. Very excited to see those age. Keep us updated Farhad. ;)

Btw, a question in my head. Japanese cordovan will also retain its color just like Horween cordovan right?

Even after years of use ( regularly polished / treated )?

good stuff farhad! must spread though...

is that reddish cordovan or tan?

on a similar note, kamida-san finished my tan cordovan bifold, but then spilled coffee on it, so he's making a new one as we speak, very curious to see the final product and especially the colour of the tan 'nume' cordovan...

hollows, miz mailed me from his iPhone to tell me, he told me kamida-san called him, being completely in a state of panic, the wallet was ruined and he had to order the cordovan again to make a new one...

i felt more sorry for him then for me, afterall, he is gonna make me a new one, but his time, effort and heart were already put into that wallet...

i'm also pretty sure tears were shed...

anyhow, really looking forward to the day it reaches Belgium.

^ Whuttt..! I'd still ask for that coffee spilled wallet..! In fact, i'd bug him for it.! Makes it a bleeding unique piece chocked full of character.!

I did ask about it, he had already gotten rid of it, I'm sure someone like kamida-san refuses to deliver anything that is not 100% top notch, when he ordered the cordovan for the wallet, he sent it back 3 times before he was satisfied with it's quality...

Cheers mate; it's not a Dolce Vita though, custom-made somewhere in California.

If you end up getting some elephant ear or trunk, do let me know :D ...going to retire these after the Roy x Cone contest.

Are you looking for elephant ear, Mike?

I can get as much, as I like (well, not quite, but I can get a lot), but never paid it much attention... Should I look into it?

My new belt, bought today from a little leathershop in Dresden.

Handsewn, vintage brass buckle with iron thorn from a horse´s harness, 5cm wide, 5mm thick, only 35€.

What is an Iron Thorn?

What is an Iron Thorn?

In many European countries the "prong" is called a "thorn". And making the prong in steel, while the remaining parts of the buckle is made of brass, is how buckles for harnesses were made in the past.

And old saddler explained that detail to me, but I can't remember the purpose. There is one.

Are you looking for elephant ear, Mike?

I can get as much, as I like (well, not quite, but I can get a lot), but never paid it much attention... Should I look into it?

Hey mate, I'm looking for upper trunk mostly, but ear is also nice (and cheaper) :)

I reckon you could have a quick look at it to see if the handle and workability is suitable for your style?

Would be very interested to see one of the leather crafters from our community work with more exotic mammalians.

Hey mate, I'm looking for upper trunk mostly, but ear is also nice (and cheaper) :)

I reckon you could have a quick look at it to see if the handle and workability is suitable for your style?

Would be very interested to see one of the leather crafters from our community work with more exotic mammalians.

I'll look into it...

And I don't think I saw any upper trunk. I wouldn't know what to look for either... :-)

Hope you don't mind cross thread posts...or home made leather goods...Card case inspired by Samurai Denim...Second piece of leather work I have ever tried. Just got my supplies yesterday...made a wallet yesterday, and the card case today.Hope you enjoy!

6313227378_52d0c53353.jpg

DSC_0179 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6313226202_2381445d47.jpg

DSC_0178 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6312703933_7343978969.jpg

DSC_0177 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6313222188_2a11b1b2b5.jpg

DSC_0175 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

Guest nooblet333

Looks great! ^^ Also X Post:

Hey guy's looking to start leather crafting, specifically in making wallet(s) related item's. Here's list I'm going to buy soon, what else items would I need to start my hobby in leather crafting? Thanks!

Veg-Tan Practice Leather 6-9oz

Strap Cutter

Meyers Lock-Stitch Hand Sewing Awl

1/4” x 12” x 12” Poundo Cutting Board

Overstitch Spacing Kit

Keen Edge Beveling Tool