Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

I guess this is an evolution of sorts, from raw materials to (hopefully) a nice finished product. I decided since I can't afford $300 for a nice wallet that I'd try to make my own. $40 later I have my supplies and I started building tonight. I didn't make a pattern, but the final sketch is sort of a KC/Redmoon hybrid. If all goes well I want to make a long wallet for my mom for christmas after this. From the start, some nice 4-5oz leather (shoulder)

1446478452_0be45222b7.jpg

Just messing around with the snaps and such, I made myself a bracelet that might be fun to wear in the summer and watch change. Here's my desk after about 2.5-3 hours total work time.

1445619753_a25b79a229.jpg

and...final product as of tonight. I don't know what I'm going to put for pockets on the other side, I'm thinking something like redmoon's little coin holder pouch. suggestions??

1445622775_3a68533e75.jpg

wow everyone, thank you so much for the kind words of all sorts, i'm blushing!

anyways, I finished up tonight, night 2 was much less tense then night one as I was more confident in what I was doing. I think it came out ok, I messed up punching some holes in the bottom of the coin pocket, but i think all in all it came out super good for my first ever attempt. I went with a plain brass snap, but I have 2 buffalo nickel ones in the mail for the next ones I make (I'm allready cutting out the pattern for #2) here's more pictures!

1450922365_19955b03a4.jpg

1450922513_8d720abb36.jpg

and one of it all loaded up:

1450922225_74cf9dbb4c.jpg

concerning selling these: at this point, I'm just fooling around and doing arts and crafts. Leathercraft is an art which i guess i'm newly interested in, and I wouldn't think of selling these until I can make them and know they'll last and someone would be happy owning one, which I won't know until I test them. Plus, it looks good in pictures, but I assure you it's far from perfect.

all of the offers flatter me though, and I'm sure i'll end up putting a couple in the supermarket randomly as I make them, because they're fun to do when I'm at school and can't paint my guitars. yall should try it yourself, it's not that hard!

now...tanning time! I'll keep posted, and i'd love suggestions as how to improve the design :)

Iron Heart belt after about 5 months of everyday wear. I've treated it with two applications of Bick-4 Leather Conditioner, once at about 2 months, and the other at about 4.

The one on the left is brand new, while the one on the right is the one I have been wearing, obviously.

IHB-01.jpg

Iron Heart belt after about 5 months of everyday wear. I've treated it with two applications of Bick-4 Leather Conditioner, once at about 2 months, and the other at about 4.

The one on the left is brand new, while the one on the right is the one I have been wearing, obviously.

IHB-01.jpg

interesting how it gets lighter and not darker with wear. the ih belts look fantastic btw.