Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

My Ted Company long wallet. I don't have any pix when it was just fresh out of the box but the picture where I'm wearing it in my Nudie's Slim Jim is closest to the original color. I suntanned it awhile but never oiled it. Since I haven't used it very often yet, there's not much evolution going on besides some minor bleeding from my Skulls (not even sure if I will keep it since I'd prefer a smaller sized wallet)

DSC02027.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

so i mention to my mom that i'm looking for a leather keepall type bag, and she mentions her father in law had just the thing. turns out he was polish, managed to escape during the nazi invasion, was arrested and escaped twice, and ended up in the RAF as a pilot. he bluffed his way into a teaching position on a base, first as a marksmanship teacher (having never shot a gun) and second as a sewing instructor (having never touched a needle). apparantly war makes you a quick learner, cause this is one of the things he made there:

2059219584_6986361bcb.jpg

2059220074_d4f97f3238.jpg

2059219842_758e34610b.jpg

2058433459_c3ac4e6e1e.jpg

it looked really bad when i first saw it, and i regret not taking pics, cause the transformation is amazing. it had some shoe polish or something on it, which i had to remove, and was badly dehydrated and cracked. i finished it up with clear wax polish.

My Ted Company long wallet. I don't have any pix when it was just fresh out of the box but the picture where I'm wearing it in my Nudie's Slim Jim is closest to the original color. I suntanned it awhile but never oiled it. Since I haven't used it very often yet, there's not much evolution going on besides some minor bleeding from my Skulls (not even sure if I will keep it since I'd prefer a smaller sized wallet)

DSC02027.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

Nice wallet !! Where did you get it?

edmond is a secret levis agent who earns his living (for which he buys expensive jap leather goods) working for levis who forces him buying denim from japanese companies so they can sue their asses...

Got some new stuff from Miz's man Kamida. He's crazy skilled at what he does.

Another pic to showcase what he's done so far.

kamida_stuff.jpg

is that belt also made by kamida-san?

any more pics of it?

so i mention to my mom that i'm looking for a leather keepall type bag, and she mentions her father in law had just the thing. turns out he was polish, managed to escape during the nazi invasion, was arrested and escaped twice, and ended up in the RAF as a pilot. he bluffed his way into a teaching position on a base, first as a marksmanship teacher (having never shot a gun) and second as a sewing instructor (having never touched a needle). apparantly war makes you a quick learner, cause this is one of the things he made there:

2059219584_6986361bcb.jpg

2059220074_d4f97f3238.jpg

2059219842_758e34610b.jpg

2058433459_c3ac4e6e1e.jpg

it looked really bad when i first saw it, and i regret not taking pics, cause the transformation is amazing. it had some shoe polish or something on it, which i had to remove, and was badly dehydrated and cracked. i finished it up with clear wax polish.

love the bag, love the story too, gives it more meaning.