demonator

evil lives japanese slevedge denim

new jap selvedge denim line  

144 members have voted

1. 1. what cuts

Why you wanna rip off other people cuts? You're gonna rip apart a pair of jeans and copy their jeans? Sounds lacking in creativity.

You're gonna rip off brands that rip off Levis. That's like 3rd generation rip off.

did you come all the way back to sufu just to bitch about ed?

agree w/FOXY. why start from scratch, if you don't need to. even well regarded tailors like the Ooes deconstruct jeans to get a "faithful" pattern. the brunt of the task & IMO more challenging part in that initial process is in "grading" of the pattern__ w/c is maintaining the cut throughout the size breakdown.

Sup Ed!! Keep us updated!

did you come all the way back to sufu just to bitch about ed?

Yep. My next move is to post some sneakers in the shoes that look better with age thread. That should put a smile on your face.

looking forward to them Ed

Same here

i prefer straight fit like the '47. will there be any arcuates and tab? can't wait to see your prototype.

Why you wanna rip off other people cuts? You're gonna rip apart a pair of jeans and copy their jeans? Sounds lacking in creativity.

You're gonna rip off brands that rip off Levis. That's like 3rd generation rip off.

i don't mind a startup copping some tried-&-true basics, especially since this seems to be a favor to the raw community, but i agree that design by committee (polling) lacks a certain level of passion.

this should be interesting, nonetheless.

xd5hc5.jpg

2bsmex.jpg

vr38d2.jpg

2uzzfir.jpg

atutk4.jpg

257oz8k.jpg

20zs66d.jpg

dcylxy.jpg

9u3q8h.jpg

3518ymh.jpg

Arcuates, red tab, logo and patch design are in development. I just wanted to get this pair out so Ed can start breaking 'em in and see the evo/fade progression. Cheers!

looking forward to coming home to a pair in my letterbox hopefully in the not to distant future

not a fan of the buttons but denim and cut look promising. interested in seeing evo on these!

those buttons are just temporary i need to check the denim it it fades well. well have our own buttons soon adn also rivets

that's way too short for a pre-soak. you're going to end up with jorts if they're not sanforized. i like the no-arcuates, no-tab look, to be honest.

4get the 1108 already__ THAT IS YOUR NICHE CUT

tho inseam will be floodwater short after shrinkage... on the other hand it's kinda apropos for the weather you been getting down there lately__ gives new meaning to "soaking in your jeans" :mellow:

Edited by BrownMetallic

Really looking forward to seeing more in the days and weeks to come.

A few thoughts.. a jean without rivets looks very odd to me, the denim looks sanforized from the photos, you sure it's unsanforized? The cut isn' very flattering on you, or whoever is wearing it in those photos.

yes denim is sanforized. yes the cut is fucked up i played around with the cut of fob f098xx and this is what happened it does not have a front rivets but has hidden rivets in the back pockets

everything on the back (yoke, pockets) look kinda low as if he's wearing it hip-hop low sagging style. Yet from where it ends in the crotch, it's not sagging. Makes for a confusing look. Perhaps you can find someone with a bigger ass to model it?