what belts with denim?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wearing an old scout belt for a while now, it's really dark and worn leather, with a buckle similar to this... Australia_01.jpg

I wore it one day, becasue I had no other belts, but now I just keep wearing it.

I've been wearing an old scout belt for a while now, it's really dark and worn leather, with a buckle similar to this... Australia_01.jpg

I wore it one day, becasue I had no other belts, but now I just keep wearing it.

this is really nifty. it's a great little almost-anachronistic buckle to have--were you a boy scout?

this is really nifty. it's a great little almost-anachronistic buckle to have--were you a boy scout?

Yeah I was, but it;s not my boy scout belt, I think it might have belonged to my dad, I found it at home ages ago... It's really thick leather, and it has a cool fastening system!

i've had the tanner for a few months. i used a couple coats of mink oil on it but have not put it out in the sun to tan it. the samurai and sugar cane belt are about less than a couple weeks old. the strench of leather from the samurai belt was intense. the sugar cane belt came with a bottle of tanning oil. i have not treated the samurai or sugar cane belt at all. i use the tanner belt as my daily belt.

from top to bottom: samurai, sugar cane, tanner

belts04-07-070.jpg

belts04-07-074.jpg

here are some single shots:

samurai:

belts04-07-071.jpg

sugar cane

belts04-07-072.jpg

tanner

belts04-07-073.jpg

A bit late on this one....

Nice belt circa! I did pretty much the same as you a while ago with a leather strip and a drill for the holes as I didn't have a punch. Mine is still the pale natural colour as in the UK sun-tanning is a long slow process, what was the oil you used on that? Did you use edgecoat on it too?

I'd like to darken mine a little more.

And to who it was asking about about LGC bridle leather:

I got mine and the quality is immense. Highly reccommended.

I love this belt what is the model , how much does it cost and where can I get one. I live in the UK, can I get it online?

Made by Samurai, don't know how much they are, mail order to UK if you can find one. Beatle owns this one, and Edmond is looking for one I think so they should be able to advise more. See it at http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/other/a102/index.htm

Made by Samurai, don't know how much they are, mail order to UK if you can find one. Beatle owns this one, and Edmond is looking for one I think so they should be able to advise more. See it at http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/other/a102/index.htm

i saw that belt on a couple rakuten shops. check out hinoya or 2nd. they both cary samurai

I may get flamed out for this one... but this is usually my default belt (although it hasn't been for the past 4 months 'cause I decided it screamed "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M AN OBNOXIOUS AMERICAN" a little too loud for life in Brazil), and I love it! Especially 'cause it was a thrift-store pickup.

img6641cg4.jpg

img6645pe6.jpg

(I just stole these from an old post of mine in the Iron Army thread)

airfrog, nice belt! I really like the color on it. I don't like rings, though. I need an actual buckle.

Pic of my new Sugar Cane belt.

9ef73971.jpg

I love this thing, everything about it just says quality.

man made material? coool! human skin!