so im planning to get a tat.

greentea

lol, i thought the thread was titled, 'so i'm planning to get fat'. anyway here's my right arm, it's a dali painting - the metamorphosis of narcissus

On my left arm i have an arabic proverb and a lotus flower. I'm about to get 'infidel' in arabic on my chest

pretty tight,batorizer, i like the detailing. i want the size like that on my left arm, just below the elbow. dope

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a chance to show off my sick tatties . . .

DSC04132.jpg

Fat ass stomach

I also have a gay ass bird on my right arm, but no pics. I first got tattoed when I was 17 (im 20 now). They are fun to get, so just do it. Pain is good. and I'm so sick of hearing the "what about when you are 60?!?" argument, old people with tattoos don't care that they have tattoos, they have more important things to worry about. Also, tattoo technology has improved leaps and bounds since WWII and Vietnam, so we can assume tattoos 40 years from now will look a lot better then 40 year old tattoos today.

thats dope, hehehe.

yeah exactly what i said, when youre 60+, ill probably be thinking more about what i wish i could have done when i was younger.

IMG_2101.jpg

fresh, while im still lying on the table i got it on

DSCN7781.jpg

bit better of an idea of the location... my side, a bit above and a bunch below my belt line, so i can cover it up with my shorts when im older... but while im young people can still see it and its a good convo starter when females walk up and ask you about it

IMG_2082.jpg

Nunez at the toronto tattoo expo...and me looking 1 part stoked and 2 parts dopey as shit.

thanks mang

when it comes to aging and tattoos: i'd rather enjoy my skin while i'm young rather than regret not enjoying it when i'm old

lots of artists love it when they get creative control to design a piece. just give them an idea of what you want and they'll go over the top. good luck on your dermal journey

I dont have one yet, but I have a big drawing of a floral thing to go clear across my back, right above my butt, and halfway up my back, it wraps around the side of my hips. I just have to find my balls so i can get it done.......

I dont have one yet, but I have a big drawing of a floral thing to go clear across my back, right above my butt, and halfway up my back, it wraps around the side of my hips. I just have to find my balls so i can get it done.......

Please don't. That is what is commonly referred to as a "tramp stamp." Adorned by slutty girls the world across.

ahhhh.... tramp stamp.... I would not consider what I am thinking on as a tranp stamp, since it will cover almost my entire back, It's more of a piece of artwork... just have to get up the guts.... this has been in consideration for like two years tho, and I stil havne't gotten up the guts.

awhile back at my work i had to call in some guys to haul away a gigantic old safe that we no longer used....anyway so i finally after a lot of bullshit got this hauling company to come get it...so they get there and the main guy (the owner i guess) is fucking huge and covered in tattoos my favorites being "eat pussy or die" above his upperlip, about 5 swastikas (one on the side of his head) or various other white pride markings and a whole lot of drawings of naked chics but not tasteful naked chics....like girls masturbating..insane...i couldn't help but feel bad for the two young black kids who had to spend the entire day driving around with this guy going from buisness to buisness and probably getting raped inbetween.

Would everyone please stop saying the word "tat", you don't realize how stupid you sound.

Why do you have a traditionally Japanese Yakuza tattoo if you are entirely unaffiliated and/or white?

Second question: why do you shave your chest and nipples?

;)

Why do you have a traditionally Japanese Yakuza tattoo if you are entirely unaffiliated and/or white?

;)

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll tell you anyway. Erik hates hairy nipples, and i have a horrendously hairy chest otherwise.

Ahhh, amusement.

;)

The Yakuza need to come to the US and start knocking some heads, because traditional Japanese tattoos are very common here for people who have nothing to do with Japan, even full body suits. It seems that the Irezumi/gangster connection has been lost in translation. Also the origins of these tattoos from the 108 heroes and kabuki were popular with ALL of the lower class, including Yakuza. A lot of traditional tattoos, from all parts of the world, seem to have lost at least some of their original meaning/connection over time. Im not Japanese and have never been to Japan, but do the Japanese view these types of tattoos on Westerners as offensive? I know that tattoo artists in Japan will happily work on a non-Japanese client, but do they common, non-tattoo affiliated Japanese take offense?

The Yakuza need to come to the US and start knocking some heads, because traditional Japanese tattoos are very common here for people who have nothing to do with Japan, even full body suits. It seems that the Irezumi/gangster connection has been lost in translation. Also the origins of these tattoos from the 108 heroes and kabuki were popular with ALL of the lower class, including Yakuza. A lot of traditional tattoos, from all parts of the world, seem to have lost at least some of their original meaning/connection over time. Im not Japanese and have never been to Japan, but do the Japanese view these types of tattoos on Westerners as offensive? I know that tattoo artists in Japan will happily work on a non-Japanese client, but do they common, non-tattoo affiliated Japanese take offense?

I didn't say it offended me, it was a serious question as I was curious. In regards to non-affiliation, although alot of non-westerners may have full body tattoos, they are not "Yakuza related" unless they feature Japanese imagery; the position on the chest/shoulders is a dead giveaway as well. I don't think there was any doubt that that is what the poster intends to emulate. To me, it is the same as getting an enormous "Crips" tattoo across your stomach because you think it looks cool. Whilst I am sure Mr. Cartoon would be glad to do it for you for the right fee, I think it is pretty illogical and ridiculous unless you are affiliated.

awhile back at my work i had to call in some guys to haul away a gigantic old safe that we no longer used....anyway so i finally after a lot of bullshit got this hauling company to come get it...so they get there and the main guy (the owner i guess) is fucking huge and covered in tattoos my favorites being "eat pussy or die" above his upperlip, about 5 swastikas (one on the side of his head) or various other white pride markings and a whole lot of drawings of naked chics but not tasteful naked chics....like girls masturbating..insane...i couldn't help but feel bad for the two young black kids who had to spend the entire day driving around with this guy going from buisness to buisness and probably getting raped inbetween.

Holy god what a story!

You can fuck right off if you turn up looking like that in Bangkok.

Patpong girls love that shit long-time! I will bring a second outift/extra face paint for you to wear as well!!!!

"eat pussy or die" above his upperlip

aha ah. Best tattoo of all time.

My buddy just got one. Its a 10ish inch Koi fish swimming in water with like 9 cherry blossom pedals flowing next to it up from his hip across his ribs to his shoulderblade. Looks really good, alot of negative space used and really thin lines. Hes going to have it colored in the next month or so.

He really put alot of thought into the location, and all the inks and stuff. He said he had a few requirements for it:

(1) Not where he can easily see it, because he will get tired of it

(2) Not on any areas where it might be offensive later in life (ie job related)

(3) Not out in the sun

(4) Had to mean something. Apparently theres some significance in the number 3, and 9 = 3x3 and cherryblossom means beauty and koi represent stregnth or some crap like that. I wasnt really listening to tell the truth, but he was into it.

He was going to pay alot for it, but the artist and him became pretty good friends so he gave him a 50% discount!

My friends bringing him in alot of business tho! He said one of his buddies, this tall skinny black gay guy wants to have a tattoo of a naked man with a massive cock on his back. haha, should be fun for the artist.