so im planning to get a tat.

greentea

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all my friends are 20 and have black outline tattoos of states, palm trees, letters and dollar signs. they save up $110 and get whatever they think is cool. i dont have any yet because i want to save up enough to get someone good to do mine, not the new shop that opened last week. if youre into those kinds of tattoos thats cool, but im waiting to get something i really like. and i change my mind A LOT

I love a chance to show off my sick tatties . . .

IMG_0441.jpg

Left bicep

DSC04132.jpg

Fat ass stomach

IMG_5245.jpg

Right leg

I also have a gay ass bird on my right arm, but no pics. I first got tattoed when I was 17 (im 20 now). They are fun to get, so just do it. Pain is good. and I'm so sick of hearing the "what about when you are 60?!?" argument, old people with tattoos don't care that they have tattoos, they have more important things to worry about. Also, tattoo technology has improved leaps and bounds since WWII and Vietnam, so we can assume tattoos 40 years from now will look a lot better then 40 year old tattoos today.

lol, i thought the thread was titled, 'so i'm planning to get fat'. anyway here's my right arm, it's a dali painting - the metamorphosis of narcissus

tatbu4.jpg

On my left arm i have an arabic proverb and a lotus flower. I'm about to get 'infidel' in arabic on my chest

i already got ideas down,definately want to lean in japanese inspired characters.

depends on how the artist can inter mingle my ideas together.

anyway, any SF'rs got tatoos? if you guys can show it off would be nice.

pz.

If you're into your Japanese style tattooing have a look at www.widodemarval.com and www.horikitsune.de.

That is exactly what he said about when he got his. He is ex-navy and keeps himself in excellent condition and could pass for much younger. He says he regrets the ones on his forearms because they really do look terrible. Most young people can't even picture themselves at 60, but believe me, if you are lucky enough you will get there and it is definately not the end of the road. Maybe my post was alittle harsh and for that I apologize, I just think tattoos should not be taken lightly by young people. When you get them at a very young age they can start looking really bad by your early 40s in some cases depending on your skin. I have a buddy the same age as me who got some tats off base when we got out of basic together. That was 20 years ago and they are starting to look pretty terrible already from sun exposure.

The tattoo gun is essentially the same instrument it has always been. No real improvements there, needle and motor. Inks are alittle better than they were. The main factor of how well a tat will look over time is your skin type and you have no control over that. Also sun exposure, you have some control over that if it is important to you. Many tattoo artist use the same gun their mentor used and they are passed down as sacred instruments so they are in some cases very old.

I always like to keep in mind that I am still in college, and that even though I plan on entering a creative field, that I really do not know what my career will be and whether it will be tattoo friendly. So I won't get a forearm or any other tattoo that can't be reasonably covered. 20 year old kids with sleeves and throat tattoos are setting themselves up for a crappy future. You can either work in a warehouse or Hot Topic. I know a few older people who have tattoos they regret because they are very visible.

I always like to keep in mind that I am still in college, and that even though I plan on entering a creative field, that I really do not know what my career will be and whether it will be tattoo friendly. So I won't get a forearm or any other tattoo that can't be reasonably covered. 20 year old kids with sleeves and throat tattoos are setting themselves up for a crappy future. You can either work in a warehouse or Hot Topic. I know a few older people who have tattoos they regret because they are very visible.

That's using your head. Like Brian Setzer said:

Never get a tattoo where a judge can see it.

well you should see the tatoos from our westcoast regional manager. its like he just got out of prison, covered from chest to both arms,skulls barbwires and all on 6"3 feet tall frame lol. the tatoos didnt set him back in his career it seems. actually made the other managers working below him more scared to screw up.

I love a chance to show off my sick tatties . . .

IMG_0441.jpg

Left bicep

DSC04132.jpg

Fat ass stomach

IMG_5245.jpg

Right leg

I also have a gay ass bird on my right arm, but no pics. I first got tattoed when I was 17 (im 20 now). They are fun to get, so just do it. Pain is good. and I'm so sick of hearing the "what about when you are 60?!?" argument, old people with tattoos don't care that they have tattoos, they have more important things to worry about. Also, tattoo technology has improved leaps and bounds since WWII and Vietnam, so we can assume tattoos 40 years from now will look a lot better then 40 year old tattoos today.

Pretty crazy, lately I've been planning on getting love in those exact same letters, but I don't know where I got the idea? Is that an allusion to or anything or just an idea you came up with?