best waywt pics

id like to add... as much as i hate to say it... that superdenim has made me less interested in all of the shit that is talked about. its become one big hype fueled circle jerk. everyone buys the same brands and the same pieces from the same store and looks the same. denim waywt has had a big influence on this i think because now you can post a fit without fear of flaming.

i get this .. maybe its bec ive been away for a while that ive been slow to pick up on the vibe here

Imagine that you are among a group -- dressed ordinarily in jeans, tees, and understated footwear -- enjoying a pleasant afternoon outdoors in a quiet, local park when, seemingly out of nowhere, two distinctly separate groups descend upon the tranquility of this public space. The first, careful not to dirty their turn-of-the-twentieth-century railroad worker (or hell, sailor) gear, appears to be getting along well, complimenting one another's outfits. The costume-like quality of their ensembles stands out as especially out-of-place, especially when the cost of said ensembles is considered. A $3,000 outfit to create the illusion that one belongs to the working class? The other moves with greater caution. Careful to maintain a safe distance, these folks remain on the edge of the park where they smoke pensively and continue to critique the details of each member's sartorial expression. The manner in which they dress is reminiscent of that found in any urban area's skid row section -- only the rips and asymmetry on display among these young people are intentional and have been created with care. Certainly, there are other "looks" cultivated within this group. You make note of a few Victorian-era vampires and chuckle.

Both ends of the spectrum are equally ridiculous. If you wear a suit to work, it probably isn't necessary to come home in the evening and tie a bandanna around your neck or throw on 3-4 layers of heavy workwear. That said, pants featuring a crotch that hangs past one's knees is similarly hilarious.

The workwear argument always makes me laugh. All it comes down to is that we wear what we like. The fact that any of us are even on here means that we spend too much money on clothes or at very least pay too much attention to what we wear. Yes, that even includes the dudes who 'don't care'.

I'm going to agree that it's whatever and who gives a fuck we all spend too much on clothes. There are few people on here that don't care about clothes, but stick around for whatever the fuck reason and pick at shit like that but whatever.

BUT, the gothninja comparison seems to somewhat dated. I only really check the chat edition, but I just don't see that very often and when it does pop out it's ridiculed.

Imagine that you are among a group -- dressed ordinarily in jeans, tees, and understated footwear -- enjoying a pleasant afternoon outdoors in a quiet, local park when, seemingly out of nowhere, two distinctly separate groups descend upon the tranquility of this public space. The first, careful not to dirty their turn-of-the-twentieth-century railroad worker (or hell, sailor) gear, appears to be getting along well, complimenting one another's outfits. The costume-like quality of their ensembles stands out as especially out-of-place, especially when the cost of said ensembles is considered. A $3,000 outfit to create the illusion that one belongs to the working class? The other moves with greater caution. Careful to maintain a safe distance, these folks remain on the edge of the park where they smoke pensively and continue to critique the details of each member's sartorial expressions. The manner in which they dress is reminiscent of that found in any urban area's skid row section -- only the rips and asymmetry on display among these young people are intentional and have been created with care. Certainly, there are other "looks" cultivated within this group. You make note of a few Victorian-era vampires and chuckle.

Both ends of the spectrum are equally ridiculous. If you wear a suit to work, it probably isn't necessary to come home in the evening and tie a bandanna around your neck or throw on 3-4 layers of heavy workwear. That said, pants featuring a crotch that hangs past one's knees is similarly hilarious.

we should kick both groups out of the park. fuck em, we were here first, right?

The only place where I see the whole denim circle jerk is with the aZn folks in aZia. Have you guys not seen any of their posts???

It's a wreck.

Not saying that they suck, because they wear the most expensive denim, leathers, boots, chambray and wear it together as a group... But if there's anything to flame from Superdenim, it's those guys. I mean, it's the epitome of Hypebeasting workwear!

^^^ I love when these guys post group fit pics.

Although I personally find a lot of the stuff here and in superdenim to be puzzling, I'm glad it's all represented. I was more or less trying to highlight the pointlessness of criticizing the denim folks for doing what they do. I don't understand the impulse to dress up like a WWII sailor or poor railroad worker from the 1920's, but it doesn't bother me that others do. And hell, I'm way too broke to spend $1,200 on 3-4 shirts.

the problem with superdenim is a lack of accountability.

supertrash critique: "Those jeans are hugging your balls tightly, probably because they're too slim to accomodate your fat ass."

superdenim critique: "Great jeans! I see you've sized down to ensure excellent fades. You are a martyr for the cause."

go to authentic forum if you want everyone to tell you you look good, even when you look like a bag of shit

I think some of that "Bro-ness" is the obvious result of a relatively large group of folks all being into a small pool of companies/manufacturers. Generally, there isn't a whole helluva lot of diversity in superdenim. As far as the actual denim is concerned, there are 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's repros, to go along with some of the more modern-looking stuff like Iron Heart. So really, nearly every fit ends up being fairly similar. Some people just pull it off better than others. When everyone is wearing the same 10 or so companies, it becomes less likely that you'll find any real criticism. The only aspect of a fit left to criticize is the actual sizing, which, I think most of us would agree, is a matter of personal taste.

wait workwear is still relevant? people aren't hating on #MENSWEAR take ivy type shiet yet? or has that died out and workwear come back in, etc

im waiting for people to hate on techninjas but nobody can hate on techninjas cuz they'd kill you from the future if you did

id like to add... as much as i hate to say it... that superdenim has made me less interested in all of the shit that is talked about. its become one big hype fueled circle jerk. everyone buys the same brands and the same pieces from the same store and looks the same. denim waywt has had a big influence on this i think because now you can post a fit without fear of flaming.

As a poster that spends most of my non-CWG viewing of this forum in Superdenim, I have to agree with cheap -- shit's getting pretty meta over there. But it's a bit like anything -- music, movies, art -- once something becomes popular it quickly becomes passe and open to criticism solely based on it's popularity.

That having been said, everyone wears a costume. Skaters wear costumes, rednecks wear costumes, bankers wear costumes. That's the nature of clothing as a signifier. Modern "workwear" is just another signifier (roast on me as it probably has something to do with the emasculation of the modern man).

I like denim. I like unique, yet subtle clothing. I like the quality in old clothing. Thus, at least in the winter, I look like some lumberjack wannabe. I'm not fashionable or cool or avant garde. I'm a clothing fetishist. I'm interested in the details few notice, even if it comes at the expense of looking good.

No dude

Uniform

an identifying outfit or style of dress worn by the members of a given profession, organization, or rank.
Costume

A style of dress, including garments, accessories, and hairstyle, especially as characteristic of a particular country, period, or people.

----------------------

Ask an Asian: Why you all look so lonely but you are always together? Maybe lonely isn't what I am trying to say but socially awkward.

That having been said, everyone wears a costume. Skaters wear costumes, rednecks wear costumes, bankers wear costumes. That's the nature of clothing as a signifier. Modern "workwear" is just another signifier (roast on me as it probably has something to do with the emasculation of the modern man).

skaters wear 'skater costumes' cause they skate tho... rednecks wear their 'costumes' cause, well, theyre rednecks... bankers wear their 'costumes' cause they'd probably get fired if they didn't

skaters wear 'skater costumes' cause they skate tho... rednecks wear their 'costumes' cause, well, theyre rednecks... bankers wear their 'costumes' cause they'd probably get fired if they didn't

Dudes into vintage duds wear a "vintage-duds" costume. Also, don't fool yourself, in each of those categories there is an approved costume and an unapproved costume. Wall Street types can spot an imposter based solely on their suit choice. That Take Ivy look is riddled with codes and rules.

Because wearing Thom Browne would be an inappropriate uniform. Anyone can tell you that. Dressing like Boardwalk Empire would also get your ass thrown out too obviously.

I am going to be serious, I may not find the superdenim look appealing but who am I to talk? It all is about having fun and keeping good credit. When shit looks goofy ya'll are going to get called out on it just like anyone else. Just so happens that your subculture is the most goofy right now until I wear leggings again.

Dudes into vintage duds wear a "vintage-duds" costume. Also, don't fool yourself, in each of those categories there is an approved costume and an unapproved costume. Wall Street types can spot an imposter based solely on their suit choice. That Take Ivy look is riddled with codes and rules.

thats not the point. skaters are skatin, business men are doing business, and rednecks are doing redneck things. dont know what exactly that is, but

I'm pretty fucking sure denimbros aren't working railroads.

^edit:damn, you beat me by a minute, anyway...

Dudes into vintage duds wear a "vintage-duds" costume.

You're missing my point...

The people you listed wear what they wear to do what they do.. i.e. skate, work at a bank, shoot opposums or whatever rednecks do

Dudes into "vintage-duds" get dressed up in their shit to go do what? Im sure some of those dudes go out and work on a farm or lumber yard or something... but I'm just sayin, the 'costumes' you were talkin bout earlier isn't the same.

Also, don't fool yourself, in each of those categories there is an approved costume and an unapproved costume. Wall Street types can spot an imposter based solely on their suit choice. That Take Ivy look is riddled with codes and rules.

... and what does this have to do with anything?

yeah, but skaters dont have to wear the same brands to skate. it's not like supreme tees are better for skating, any t-shirt will do. so why do some brands get more love from skaters than others? cause skaters are brand crazy, just like the denim bros and goth ninjas and every other aesthetic that is represented here. and there is nothing wrong with that. some brands are just better than others, speak to and relate to a certain aesthetic better than others.

what bothers me about the denim hate is that the guys doing the hating are hypocrites. they are just as hype-driven and as circle-jerked as everyone else that they criticize. they circle-jerk each other for hating on denim guys and then they turn around and beast after robbie geller and BoO.

and on top of that they hate without really understanding the aesthetic that they're hating on. like people put denim guys on here cause of the fit, but they don't understand that for the denim guys, there is more to a pair of jeans than just the fit. im not a denim dude, but im sure they geek out on a lot of shit that someone who wears geller would not recognize right away. it's so pointless. unless you are part of the community, and are aware of the things that have value within that community, then your critique is just worthless.

My grandfather was a hard laborer that totally trashed his body and worked his ass off to feed put his children (including my father) through school. It was a shitty life. Money was very tight and he would never fathom dropping 3 bills on his "work wear" jeans. He's not around anymore, but I'm pretty sure if he saw people beasting over his clothes and not what he accomplished, it would weird him out. He hated what he was doing, but did it for the sake of his family. I don't think he'd appreciate people glamorizing it with expensive dress-up clothing.

I get that it's stuff these guys are interested in, and I'm not one to stop people from pursuing their interests. This is just my take on it.

sounds like your grandpa would be laugh at superfuture as a whole. everybody here drops 3 bills on shit. just on different shit though.