worst (sufu) waywt fits

I really like Facetasm. Is it for everybody? No. But that's the point. It's supposed to be extreme/"styled-poorly". The asethetic is completely different.

I haven't been able to stand the "piling on clothes" thing for a while, I remember when still was doing it and everyone was creaming their pants and I was, nah. He had some simpler outfits that were nice. Now Facetasm is one of those labels that I don't really like but is worth discussing, if that makes sense.

Edited by Fuuma

Please I've been on this board since April 05 and the only significant poster that used to rep Undercover was xcoldricex. You could argue its a lot more visible given the Uniqlo/Nike collabs but posters would certainly not be copping the knit riders because of that shit. It's because 90% of the posters are sheep and buy what trend setters like Bacon get into.

Yeah, don't disagree, sufu iternal trends are def a reality (remember the Lanvin craze). I dunno who wears UC now though, aside from Bacon. I don't own any N(N) or UC well I have the sundae invite from the last N(N) show on my wall but that's more a memento but, even though I am not a client, I know it has been present in the sufuniverse for years.

pump furys have sold on and off in japan primarily due to consumption and media in tokyo since late 90s. its not really even a fashion big boom again. some people just collect while others just buy stuff that they think looks good.

original phenomenon was the more accessible not-so-hip-hop counter part of swagger. then electro and 80s got big again.

Edited by Woogie

You could argue its a lot more visible given the Uniqlo/Nike collabs but posters would certainly not be copping the knit riders because of that shit. It's because 90% of the posters are sheep and buy what trend setters like Bacon get into.

i won't pretend to know superfuture history, nor do i follow it's members' internal board politics, but imo even though baconzilla looks okay i wouldn't go so far as to call him a trend setter. imo he's just another asian / sinagaporean who is following japanese fashion trends. and he does it well enough i think. isn't that what alot of these other asian countries are about or into? they follow the leader. emulating japan or buying stuff they see in japanese mags or on japanese fashion blogs? not that there's anything wrong with that i suppose. i don't know maybe he is a "trendsetter" for superfuture or singapore. meaning that he did the inevitable before alot of his fellow countrymen or acquired one of japan's now brands first (on sufu or before his friends). whoopie

Edited by Woogie

you don't have to be creative to be a trend setter fyi

not saying bacon is or isn't creative btw.

i see what you're getting at, but phenomenon has been a fashion trend in tokyo for a second now. do you mean superfuture trend setter?

didnt bacon get on uc fairly recently?

definitely not 'a couple of years,' more like a year or two.

that's a picture of him in a toj peacoat, which came out in 2010 or so (cant be bothered to check).

i still remember the whole jil sander suit debacle.

he just happens to display his fandom very publicly.

yes.

really, he was the first on this board to buy something or mention the label? while i highly doubt it, you could be right. if so,

ok. now we just have to wait and see if phenomenon actually becomes a trend in this microcosm. wow, how to be a trendsetter in superfuture!?!?

really, he was the first on this board to buy something or mention the label? while i highly doubt it, you could be right. if so,

ok. now we just have to wait and see if phenomenon actually becomes a trend in this microcosm. wow, how to be a trendsetter in superfuture!?!?

what? I wasn't talking about bacon specifically. i just meant, in general, you don't need to be creative to be a trendsetter, which was in response to you saying that ppl just emulate what they see in jap fashion mags etc. If i found some cool brand that nobody knew and starting repping it, and it blew up on sufu, it doesn't mean i'm creative.

i don't know, i think we were talking about different things maybe?

what? I wasn't talking about bacon specifically. i just meant, in general, you don't need to be creative to be a trendsetter, which was in response to you saying that ppl just emulate what they see in jap fashion mags etc. If i found some cool brand that nobody knew and starting repping it, and it blew up on sufu, it doesn't mean i'm creative.

i don't know, i think we were talking about different things maybe?

maybe we are i don't know, but my point is that is there any real merit? nothing against baconguy, and the jkt looks like it fits him good and all, but that's what alot of asians do. this was my response to djrajio calling him a trendsetter. the act of asian on japanese stuffs is not just a trend, but a way of life for those people. maybe he is trendsetter on superfuture i really don't know. as far as the definition of being a trendsetter on here, you're probably right, but does this or should it hold some sort of glory? maybe, maybe not. it's mostly all timing anyway.

being a big cock in a tiny asshole definitely feels good. pretty soon all your mates and the kids who look up to you want to tap it. soon that oraphus becomes legendary. i suppose there may be some merit, internet fame social capita to be gained on superfuture.

Edited by Woogie

didnt bacon get on uc fairly recently?

definitely not 'a couple of years,' more like a year or two.

that's a picture of him in a toj peacoat, which came out in 2010 or so (cant be bothered to check).

i still remember the whole jil sander suit debacle.

he just happens to display his fandom very publicly.

I've only been somewhat paying attention to the conversation that's been going on but I will say that a a couple of years would be ~2 years. The word 'couple' strongly indicates this.

Edited by wurm

Winq, insidertrading, darkanimal, Hewmiri, Rirawin, Baizilla and even Lowrey all been wearing UC. And I'm sure people like selectivebeef and tangerine wore it, but I can't remember a specific fit from them. So you're wrong about sufu not repping UC, dj.

Bacon = sufu 5.0's Still.

Winq, insidertrading, darkanimal, Hewmiri, Rirawin, Baizilla and even Lowrey all been wearing UC. And I'm sure people like selectivebeef and tangerine wore it, but I can't remember a specific fit from them. So you're wrong about sufu not repping UC, dj.

Bacon = sufu 5.0's Still.

i think what djrario meant is that undercover wasn't such the superfuture "trend" back then or whenever you're referring too as it seems to be now?

I don't think I even remember a recent fit with UC, and now it's a trend? Not talking UU items, of course. Nor Nike collab.

well i doubt there are many here how would just admit to their seemingly exclusive consumption of uu and gyakusou alone. they try to legitimize the consumption of these easy-to-acquire accessible items by talking up/hyping uc, feigning liking it more than they actually do, or even buying some random throwaway piece. most here don't seem to have the means to get what the real uc fans get on the reg or already have gotten. anyway i don't even know what is considered a "trend" on this board, if there was a recent fit, or whatever. what i do know and can surmise is that there a bunch of threads about the label, and that members gab about it.

Edited by Woogie

Ye, you're right. I also took a look at the waywt thread and discovered more UC than I remembered. But people like epoc and homme.homme also been wearing UC long before bacon.

What I consider sufu trends is when almost everybody is embracing one particular item. So it's got more to do with items rather than brands as far as I see it. We always (as long as I've lurked at least) been up on HL, MMM, Raf, Jun, n(n), Ann D etc. etc. But suddenly there is one item from one brand that everybody cops. Ie. the Lanvin sneakers, the Supreme five panel, the Margiela gats, New Balance sneakers etc. And I guess the UU rider.

Edited by aoi

I've only been somewhat paying attention to the conversation that's been going on but I will say that a a couple of years would be ~2 years. The word 'couple' strongly indicates this.

that's a matter of semantics but if that's where you're going with this, so many people have known/been wearing uc since before bacon came along (even back when i first discovered sufu in '07) that it's mildly ridiculous to say that he set any sort of trend. comparatively, 2010 still seems pretty recent to me.

edit: http://indianajawnz....-shopping-today

had to confirm, and this is only from july of last year, which is less than a year ago.

not that a person's style can't change a lot in the span of a couple of months but for the money i imagine he pays for his current wardrobe, dude definitely does not do a lot of his jawnz justice.

Edited by minelee