Sorahiko 45 Slim Raw

rirawin

I did a search and not much came up on these. I'm thinking to pick these up as my next project.

Can any one shed more light on these? Perhaps the fit? I know they have photos of a one wash ones on the site, but I believe that to be a female model right?

So how slim are these? How would they say compare to a pair of Nudie Slim Jims? Whats the opening hem on these? Also what is the seating like on these? Being Chinese I unfortunately have no arse, so I don't want it look like I've pooped myself. Also is the rise quite high on low?

Sorry for all the questions! and thanks for listening!

as per sbw4224 in the other 45 rpm thread:

sbw4224

semibored

I emailed 45rpm about the measurements for the slim sorahiko. here's what they said:

For the 34" waist, the thigh 1" below the crotch measures 24", 19.5" at the knee and 18" at the leg opening (of a 34" inseam).

if the leg opening is 9", they aren't any different than the black overdyed sorahiko's i have right now, which i'm pretty sure are not slimmer than the jamons.

Problem? I'm not getting the Jomon's, try reading the post. I'm getting them shipped to a friend in the US and getting them shipped to me? Why? because I live in a small city I'm not allowed to buy expensive jeans? Please advise?

can't be the first time in your life you've heard someone make such a comment about norwich, unless you've never been out of norwich, met a londoner, or heard of steve coogan ...

That's 34" waist, I'm getting the 3-29" (31") one, which has a leg opening of 16"... The guy emailed me a WHOLE load of measurements. Cheers though, appreciate that.

Any chance you could post some of them. I'm interested in the 6-32 measurement if you've got it.

Problem? I'm not getting the Jomon's, try reading the post. I'm getting them shipped to a friend in the US and getting them shipped to me? Why? because I live in a small city I'm not allowed to buy expensive jeans? Please advise?

*sigh*

Sorahikos, Jomons, My mistake, WTF.

I studied in Norwich at NSAD and lived there for two years after that, working my own scheme and at one of the major independent clothes stores there and in Cambridge as well. Knowing what the fashion scene was like then I was impressed, that's all. I was going to mention it when you posted in WYWT, but I'm glad I didn't now.

• 3 weeks later...

They'll definitely stretch dude, I can speculate maybe about an inch. Possibly more?? They may however shrink back to the size they are now once you've washed them but should stretch right back out quite easily and if you're losing a bit of weight then I think you'll find in retrospect that you bought the right size. Fantastic purchase btw :)

No... haven't soaked em yet and don't think I will, not at this rate anyway :D

You're in trouble then. They seem like they are gonna shrink 2 inches in the waist, based on measurements. The one wash is tagged size and the raw is 2" plus tagged size...

Indepedent clothes stores, let me guess, Philip Browne or Dogfish? I use to work in the latter, my boss was really into his denim, hence me having "awareness" of such things, okay it may have been a bit street for someone like you?! But it did have quite a varied stock. Or was it neither of the stores I mentioned?

Wow, small world. When I was at Diesel one of the girls I worked with used to be at Dogfish. This was almost a decade ago now, though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure 45rpm's don't stretch as much as Nudies. And also, don't think about washing/soaking them 'cause, like people already said, the 45rpm's shrink 2" to tagged size; just dryclean them if needed. What size did you get in the Sorahikos? And what do you normally wear in other jeans, i.e. your Nudies?

I'm normally a 30/31" waist. My Nudie slim jims were a 31" waist and stretched out to a 32.5" waist. But since being ill I'm more of a 32" waist... The Sorahikos are a 31" when measured up.

Looks like I'm just going to have to do the coat hanger trick.

Ah, so you got the last 29 on the site. I was ready to order those too... ah well. Good luck with these though. If you decide to sell, let me know... hehe.

I just got myself a pair of these too. 3 days in right now.

The fit seems to be very similar to Regular Ralfs in that its sorta 'straight boot', tapering slightly down the thigh to the knees, then widening again. The rise is also very similar, though the back pockets rise up slightly higher. The Jomons had the most beautiful cut i've seen on any jeans, just the right balance between fitted and loose, but cost a bit more. These are definitely tighter than the Jomons.

I also tried on a pair of the Sorahiko Nando Nandos that is almost black, with blue underneath (the ones dyed warp n weft- with the dyed inside). Those are slightly more skinny jeans than the Sorahiko Slim in that they just run straight down. These Nando Nandos are awesome for those ambiguously dress coded events. I'd even wear them to work cos they're so black.

The shop keeper at the Uppear East Side store said to expect 2 inches shrinkage in waist and 4 (?!?!?!?) in length. I found the 2nd part hard to believe