Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

looking at a pair of used frye campus boots. any opinions on them? in the photos they look like they have a very tall heel, which is a problem because i'm already pretty tall, and looking like a giant stick insect isn't really my thing...

could only find feedback on their ropers and harness boots.

looking at a pair of used frye campus boots. any opinions on them? in the photos they look like they have a very tall heel, which is a problem because i'm already pretty tall, and looking like a giant stick insect isn't really my thing...

could only find feedback on their ropers and harness boots.

the heel isn't any taller than your average cowboy boot -- maybe two inches?

i'm pretty sure the heel is the same height as the frye cavalry boots that i have, and the harness boots, too. ropers have a lower heel, but i'm not into the roper styling at all.

if you found a great price, i say go for it!

TIP, I think you can get those boots re-heeled with something shorter. A cobbler should be able to do it for you. I would take a look at www.fryeboots.com to see some of their other offerings. If I had that kind of money to throw around I would get the Brando Engineer boots in the tobacco brown color--sexy.

http://www.fryeboots.com/subpages/catalog-detail.asp?sn=87240&col=TOB&fcp=catalog.asp?cat=SEASONAL@sty=@gen=2@goToPage=1

Familyman,

You are and remain a fashion icon! Alden cigar shell cordovan boots!?!?!!!

Damn! Are those beautiful...! I am green with envy.

Huge sigh....

+1 for more photos, natural light too.

family man, those are gorgeous yummy yummy yummy! If I ever go to america aldens are on my list! Im currently lusting after some western style frye's. I think they'll look cool in summer with a slim long sleeve.

http://www.fryeboots.com/subpages/catalog-detail.asp?sn=87100&fcp=catalog.asp?cat=WESTERN@sty=@gen=2@goToPage=1

Dunno if they will ever find me though, hopefully one day.

More pictures. I'll take some in natural light when it's not such a gloomy day. I know the pictures suck. I was in a hurry. I wanted them on my feet. :)

Ayn - these are different than the ones availabe in July. These are on the plaza last with a double leather sole. The ones in July are on the Barrie last with the Commando sole. They are different batches made for different sellers. All very cool.

100_3281.jpg

100_3282.jpg

100_3285.jpg

100_3286.jpg

Plaza last. With the double leather sole, it is nicer looking than the Alden of Carmel version. I can feel $600 struggling to leap out of my wallet. Plus another 6 months or more wait. sigh....

My wife, whose father was Minister for Foreign Affairs, Minister of the Interior, Minister of Trade and Commerce and Minister of Social Welfare (all at the same time), rolls her eyes at boots HALF this price. You'd think the princess would be more amenable to such extravagance. sigh.

But, I'm still dreaming and squirreling away the coins...

P.S. - The cheap deal was the pre-order price. It's higher now.