Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Not only did it actually happen, his shop is going to be the world's first place to carry Patina's boots.

wow where in japan? cant freaking wait hold on.. he makes patina? or he can modify patina's??

wow where in japan? cant freaking wait hold on.. he makes patina? or he can modify patina's??

He can sell Patina, as in, he will have physical stock of them. I might have to buy my Patina boots via proxy...how about that for ridiculous.

I definitely will if the timeline I am trying to hit allows it, but from what I have gathered, the Patina line is being released in Japan first, and I don't know how long it will be until they are available directly from Kiya.

877s look cool, but I just cant get into moc-toe Red Wings in combination with such skinny jeans.

Anyone know if Danner has done a Mountain Light with this style of soul before? I'm digging these, but I have a feeling they are Japan only.

i think that you can customize the danner on its website, not sure about the mountain light, but those look like crepe sole to me. If you really like the sole, just get the mountain light and replace it with crepe sole.

imightbechad, those are cool, they look nicely worn-in.

They are a pair of redwings, possibly of a recent vintage?

These are actually Ralph Lauren, but I'm not sure what the date is on them. They've got a leather sole, that weird lug eyelet, all kinds of stuff going on.

I'll post more pics when I receive them.

Chad

cross reference from the 'Official Pure Blue Japan Denim Thread':

DSCF1783.jpg

nice and cheap (and 'made in vietnam').

'before ware' - see below ...

P9260055.JPG

i really do not know how that could happen, but i will hold you (b-dawg) personally responsible for it!

... call me copycat!

:D these shoes definitly qualify for this forum - clark's desert boots 'beeswax'!

Beautiful coleslaw. I wore mine yesterday and polished them last night... I almost got the camera out to post a picture but the artificial light doesn't do them justice. The colour is stunning on these, such a rich, deep lustre.

Edit: I just noticed your comment about the shell cordovan boot...... I'll get up to Jermyn street and see if they have them to view sometime soon.

^^ Thanks fresco. I was looking at brogue boots for a minute, including comparing the AS Dumfries, Tricker's, Grensons, and even Aldens. I liked the color and brogue design of the Skye the best.

Base on the picture in the catalogue the Harlech's looks like they're going to be sweet. Funny thing is that the Skye looks waaayyyy better in real life than the pic in the catalogue.

Yes the skye for me is the best of the bunch.The shape and leather are superior to trickers, and the welt is more refined. I haven't seen the alden wing tips in person though, only what they have in the madison ave store, but comparing those to the skyes, I'd say the finishing and overall quality is nicer on the C&J.