Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

we're gonna need to know what size they are. really cool boots though.

Hey! Might be a long shot.

Got: Pair of unworn SDs, calfskin burgundy, cuban heel, vibram halfsole, antique eyes and hooks. brown single leather sole and side.

Want: Pair of unworn or quite unworn SDs, standard dress brown leather, cuban heel, leather sole brown, antique eyes and hooks.

For a possible switch pm, please.

Edited by erk

This should end some problems regarding proper fit on the SD`s.

Should have approx 5/8 - 3/4" room in the toebox when new and it will draw down when the creases set in after break in. Width is supposed to get wider as well

6784057123_d9c79bf8f3.jpg

Edited by SetsunaFSeiei

I had the same thing with the foot tracing... I wear an 11 C in Alden 11.5 sneakers... bakers told me to get a 10 C in SD.... so I ordered a custom pair... way too tight after a few weeks of killing my feet... sold them and bought a 10.5 D on ebay through whites... now the fits pretty nice.

I'd suggest going down a 1/2 size and up a width. seemed to work for me.

I've never done the foot tracing for Whites, but after owning and wearing SD's and Trubalance Alden's for a number of years, I can say with absolute certainty that I wear a 8.5A in the SDs and a 7.5C on the Trubalance last. Of course, I can fit comfortably into a variety of sizes from both makers, but in terms of everything hitting in the right places, and sitting in the right places, those are my sizes. I'm not trying to confuse the issue further, but it is worth nothing that how you size and the conversion between sizes changes significantly depending on the size range you are in and certain things about your foot shape and dimensions. All I would suggest with Whites is if you can go somewhere that has a size run, find the size where the arch hits you in the right place, and then make your best guess on the width you need.

man i love red wings for their durability and aesthetics. a few shots of my aldens, conditioned a month ago with neatsfoot oil. need to get some venetian shoe cream from what i hear.

6792691451_9c1464468a_z.jpg

6792690603_4727d7d223_z.jpg

6792691051_e4fcd39a82_z.jpg

Just got some Redwing Beckman moce toes from jcrew on sale. Still on sale with many sizes available for anyone that likes them. I'm surprised at the difference in color between the picture online and in person, online they're a lot lighter and more natural looking. Either way good looking boots with good construction for a good price on sale.

deJau.jpg

Khu24.jpg

zu36G.jpg

RlKtO.jpg

will be breaking this pair from now on...

SAGARA Fine Shoes from Indonesia

IMPERIAL I

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0043-2.jpg

More about these? Pretty damn good looking boots for $160ish (though I don't see the "Imperial I" on their website). Any idea if they ship to the US?

Edited by dkatz

yes, they do ship to US. but the shipping cost might be high due to the dimension of it.

anyway, you can directly e-mail: [email protected]

the newest collection, including Imperial, has not been udpated on their site I guess.

the price is around $205 and they already use goodyear welted construction for this one, maybe that's the reason for increasing price.

they also do MTO if I'm not mistaken (yummmy)

Edited by lucaas

Get thee away, temptation!

I'm not certain it's the most appropriate use of cordovan, but nonetheless this is a fascinating Stow...

yeah, saw that too!

spoke to someone yesterday who, for years, used to run a rtw and bespoke shoe business in birmingham (established in 1909, premises bought up by crockett & jones about seven years ago and now their local retail outlet).

she works at the shop part-time, and yesterday was the first time i'd properly spoken to her.

showed her a pic of the markings inside the 'veldtschoen with no name' (below) and she, like the md of the company for whom they were made back in the day, thinks that they are,indeed, edward greens built on their old 25 last...she's hoping to confirm their provenance with an old contact in the next week or so.

the markings:

dscf3144a.jpg

Tavistock-Country-Boot-102142-Black-01-13.jpg

anybody who was interested in the Lodger Tavistock zug grained boot will be sad to know that Lodger, due to financial difficulties, has been bought over by Lutwyche and will no longer be Lodger anymore. due to these circumstances, Lodger is now having clearance of some sample sizes as well as old stock. it's sad because i originally wanted a pair of tavistock's in black, but they the prices were through the roof and i couldn't afford them. Lutwyche still makes some zug grain footwear but i don't see any boots in their offering anymore. anyone interested in a zug boot should really grab those Lodger's while they're still available (and for relatively cheap).

http://www.lodgerfootwear.com/shoes/lodger

eh? they were? im not too sure about that but it seems that the tavistock style has been discontinued...

think so, off the top of my head, but i could be wrong.

there are only a handful of factories in northampton now, and they produce allsorts for all different labels, and at differing price points based on that particular retailer's request.

c&j, for example, make their own stuff, the cleverley rtw stuff, polo ralph lauren made in england and so on. edward green have made for all sorts of retailers throughout their history, including cole haan and paul stuart historically.

if lodger's footwear was made in england, then it would have almost certainly been done by one of the remaining factories in northamptonshire on behalf of lodger and not directly by them.