Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Those take 5 viberg's are great!

Any fit pictures of those narrow engineers? I've been considering getting a pair of Road Champs, but am starting to realize that maybe I'd have a more versatile boot if I went with White's Semi Dress instead

same shit that i did. i can only wear engineers with my boot cuts (obviously), which are 23oz so summer wear is out, and they're a little bit more of a hassle than the semi dress imo. still need to wait at least 6 weeks for mine :(

Thanks, You might like these as well though they are a bit more of a SF than SuFu shoe.

I ordered them in burgundy but decided I didn't like it. The repainting of the Santoni's at the top of this page was practice for these Greens.

After repaint, 18 months of wear.

6702944735_27eed257fb_z.jpg

New

6702986899_0727333e27_z.jpg

I think the narrows have a longer instep strap as well and maybe a different heel height.

Our own marineabilly wrote up about this:

http://vintageengine...neer-boots.html and http://vintageengine...-toe-wesco.html

It is well worth reading and you can see what the customisable options are here:

http://www.bakershoe...tom-wesco-boss/

They're showing nickel roller buckles as an available option as well

You should be able to build a pair that's close for ~630

Much better than 1400 for the narrows

I'm not sure I'd have laid down $1400 for them either. Nice boots but I'd be just as happy with the self build spec. Mine were factory seconds and off the wesco site for about $650

same shit that i did. i can only wear engineers with my boot cuts (obviously), which are 23oz so summer wear is out, and they're a little bit more of a hassle than the semi dress imo. still need to wait at least 6 weeks for mine :(

I'm a bit confused by this. I wear engineers with every pair of jeans I own, and I don't have any boot cut jeans. Are you saying you can't get the opening over the shaft of the boots? Because if you just work them over the top they will fit just fine.

do the narrow wesco's have single or double welt stitching, it's hard to tell from that picture? is that brown upper stitching on them? and yet another question, I should order them as Motor Patrol Toes, but that will lower the heal 1/2". But the highliner heal will then raise that heal correct? I thought the highliner heal was more like a cuban heal as far as it being curved, not much taller. Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to the custom build world.

Getting the highliner may take some convincing on your part, since the MP heel is supposed to always be lower than standard.

The highliner heel is what you would call a logger or woodsman heel, which is sort of an elevated cuban heel with a shape that curves inward but also curves back out. The Wesco stock pictures of the Highliner model show it pretty well.

It may end up being 1/8" or so taller than the heel on the Narrows, but the standard MP heel is about 1/4-1/2" lower. So it's a matter of personal preference.

I keep meaning to shoot some actual shots of these, but here's a better pic than a WAYWT.

Camina Double Monk in caramel French Calf. Given a quick polish a couple of days ago. Going to do another one tonight, since the first one wasn't all that great.

tumblr_lxuvagJj6S1qliyt4o1_500.jpg

I keep meaning to shoot some actual shots of these, but here's a better pic than a WAYWT.

Camina Double Monk in caramel French Calf. Given a quick polish a couple of days ago. Going to do another one tonight, since the first one wasn't all that great.

tumblr_lxuvagJj6S1qliyt4o1_500.jpg

These would look really great with a high polish. I'd say clean up what you already did and give it a go for a full out time consuming military polish. It will take you ages but you only really have to spend that much time once and after that it is very easy to restore to that shine. It will take even longer if your using a really fine polish for the base coat - if you go for it you might want to pick up some cheap polish for the first once over and then go at it with a better polish once they have a decent shine.

experiments BNV shoes. brand owners said that shoes should not be given the care with brands other treatments except from BNV own. but I was curious and did kiwi oil by topical treatment with natural color. and apparently it makes shoes look good from the previous.

before

74145009.jpg

51170659.jpg

13226342.jpg

texture

after

photo5rop.jpg

photo6eq.jpg

photo7uu.jpg

texture

I'm a bit confused by this. I wear engineers with every pair of jeans I own, and I don't have any boot cut jeans. Are you saying you can't get the opening over the shaft of the boots? Because if you just work them over the top they will fit just fine.

oh yeah, i'm 135 pounds, 6' and waist 30. people can get them under regular pants, i can't. probably should have specified. i wish it worked for me because they absolutely trump everything aesthetically.

love those old school RW's Roguls

not really my thing but another Wesco exclusive for Japan

the Flightmaster; black cordovan leather with vintage wesco labelling

wes_2011jp_main.jpg

I'm looking at a pair of Danner RAT boots for walking/hiking/work. I've read nothing but good reviews of them so far.

Found a pair in my (odd) size on Ebay that are blems for 1/3 the usual price - a scuff on the toe and then one eyelet looks odd. Picture to follow, I can't tell if this could end up being a major issue with them, or if I could just put on a different/larger eyelet.

13W5.jpg

I'm looking at a pair of Danner RAT boots for walking/hiking/work. I've read nothing but good reviews of them so far.

Found a pair in my (odd) size on Ebay that are blems for 1/3 the usual price - a scuff on the toe and then one eyelet looks odd. Picture to follow, I can't tell if this could end up being a major issue with them, or if I could just put on a different/larger eyelet.

It doesn't look like too big of a deal and you could probably send it in for repairs at a good place and have them fix it and still come out spending less than you would for a new pair.

Edited by Bradapalooza

damn, those wescos are pretty.

need some help.

Does the Red Wing GT 1909 (100th Anniversary Centennial Collection) fits a bit larger as the "normal" Red Wing GT 9014 ?

thx in advance.

I have the 1909 and 1910 and both fit the same. I believe I tried on the 9014 once and the fit I think was pretty similar. The Horween leather of the 19xx models seems a little softer though, which may give the impression that they fit bigger (also, the leather may stretch more, but I don't have sufficient experience with the featherstone leather to say for sure).

Edited by Curious_George