Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

sorry must spread rnr. Repping you in spirit right . . . now.

Corcoran group buy. Triple leather + cat's paw, natural midsole, tan left shaft, organic japanese brown dye right shaft, taupe sueded horsehide (not shell) toe, with all eyelets (flat waxed laces), a black scotch grain buckle across the foot, then a Mr. Freedom style one higher up. Deadstock buckles of course, brass on top then nickel on the bottom.

What toe shape though hmmmmmm

Count me in.

Should I size down 1 width from my Barrie last size if I wear 10.5EEEEEE in Clarks Beeswax All Stars? Or should I size up on my left side because it's not Cordovan on the welt?

Also: Does the 20% off code work for this?

agree on the oil...

Those carolina's are sweet, I like the patina on the buckle.

and those jump boots are venturing into KISS territory...

KISS? No. Pinball Wizard.

tommyboots-1.jpg

Luckily I got mine about a year ago at the local army surplus before Justin Bieber showed up with 'em in his video. Back then they were like 110$ out the door.

Lacing is not bad at all once you get the knack. I never lace the top two holes, and only have to pull/relace the next two when taking them on or off. The fat laces slip easily through the eyelets and loosening/tightening is really a snap.

I was actually considering a brown pair and 'customizing' them. Not to make them taller, but to cut them down to like a 6" boot or so. Make them more 'worky' and less army. They're unlined, and it seems like it would be a fairly simple procedure.

Another TK Maxx heads-up for the UK contingent...

My local one has some pretty decent, chunky Chapman & Moore storm-welted brogued shoes in, and I think they are made by Grenson....£65, and they don't look like seconds.

All their previous welted John White shoes and boots are reduced to between £33-£50, so some reasonable stuff to be had for a bargain...

Corcoran group buy

If we get 20 orders we can get a fifteen dollar off coupon on our next order.

Bernielike:

Triple leather + cat's paw, natural midsole, tan left shaft, organic japanese brown dye right shaft, taupe sueded horsehide (not shell) toe, with all eyelets (flat waxed laces), a black scotch grain buckle across the foot, then a Mr. Freedom style one higher up. Deadstock buckles of course, brass on top then nickel on the bottom.

rnrswitch:

triple leather sole, with halfsole cats paws, cuban heel, natural edges, no rolled top, figure 8 stitching on sole (if they can do it, if not oh well), 7in shaft, low profile 50s style toe like here. Brown horside with black horsehide captoe. Size 8D.

Just heard back from bakers regarding my white's boots. Apparently my foot tracings put me at a 10.5 C which my boots are. I guess im gonna trust white's on this and go with it. Hopefully theyre gonna stretch out as they promise and will fit like a glove. If not, I hope I can find someone looking fir chromexcel semi dress with a half sole in 10.5C...

Just heard back from bakers regarding my white's boots. Apparently my foot tracings put me at a 10.5 C which my boots are. I guess im gonna trust white's on this and go with it. Hopefully theyre gonna stretch out as they promise and will fit like a glove. If not, I hope I can find someone looking fir chromexcel semi dress with a half sole in 10.5C...

I might be your guy...

@ onehundy - Where did you see the 2nd run photos? I've seen some RC photos on Japanese sites that look a wee bit different...perhaps the 2nd run?

I stopped by the store the other day. The toe box looks a bit different and they added double leather sole and some other changes. Over all I now think they are well worth the money. You should check them out in person.

Picked up the Thorogood horsehide boots. Probably easily the best bang for the buck. Not really any frills. Just a plain ole boot. I dig em. Leather is thick as hell. They did come with some lame laces, but I threw some thick waxed laces on them.

20110303102652.jpg

Back in my construction days I could actually see blowin $250 on these babies. I don't think I would have bought some high end japanese boots or white's for construction though.

"rnrswitch: Picked up the Thorogood horsehide boots. Probably easily the best bang for the buck. Not really any frills. Just a plain ole boot. I dig em. Leather is thick as hell. They did come with some lame laces, but I threw some thick waxed laces on them."

They are a great boot, and I agree on the laces. I switched mine out immediately too.

Have you found that the tongue tends to slide all over the place while you are wearing them? It seems to happen on mine every time, and I have to keep rearranging the tongue or walk in discomfort.

The tongue doesn't slide around much, but it is a little short. I would like it to come up a little higher.

When I first received them I thought the shape was a little awkward and I contemplated sending them back, but after wearing them for the last day or so and they started creasing and forming around my foot, I can't take my eyes off of them. These are extremely comfortable as well.