Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

fatass....great pickup with the aldens. i personally prefer the AF60s, but those still look amazing. nice fit on the IH634s too.

redwinger - thats an awesome RW collection. the 2268, 8131 and 1909 look especially good. the wear on the 1909 and 8131 is crazy.....how often do you wear those two pairs in particular? im guessing you almost always wear boots...?

edmond....i love those aldens. if you can afford them, get them!

coleslaw - those wescos are insane....do you break kneecaps for a living? they look like theyd be a real task to break in properly

coleslaw - those wescos are insane....do you break kneecaps for a living? they look like theyd be a real task to break in properly

Thanks! Unfortunately, breaking kneecaps sounds like more fullfilling work than what I'm doing now. I sit in front of a computer for 9 hours. The only wear these boots will get is the trip down the steps to the subway.

^ i bet you did that on purpose so you could get that aged watermarked look earlier... hey thats cheating...

nah, just kidding.. nice sunset..

Anyone own both Alden Indys and Redwings? I wear an 11E in Alden Indys, and I'm looking at a pair of Redwings but I'm not sure what size I'd be. I went to a local Redwing store for sizing before but the guy who measured me was an idiot and thought I needed like a 12 (I'm not sure if he even knew what he was doing).

Anyone own both Alden Indys and Redwings? I wear an 11E in Alden Indys, and I'm looking at a pair of Redwings but I'm not sure what size I'd be. I went to a local Redwing store for sizing before but the guy who measured me was an idiot and thought I needed like a 12 (I'm not sure if he even knew what he was doing).

what redwing style are you looking for? they tend to vary a little bit.

I'm looking at the 1909, 1911, 1914 (I think they're all a similar/same boot, just different colors?).

I would recommend that you try on the 875, which is available at every redwing store, and then go down a half size. The 1909/11/14s are all long and a little bit narrow. I'm not sure of the Alden sizing, but the 875 is a fairly consistent benchmark.

I would recommend that you try on the 875, which is available at every redwing store, and then go down a half size. The 1909/11/14s are all long and a little bit narrow. I'm not sure of the Alden sizing, but the 875 is a fairly consistent benchmark.

^ I agree, I'm either a 9D or 8.5E in the 875's. A 9D in the RW plaintoes (1909/11/14s) fits a little longer than I'd like, but the width is actually quite comfortable, though.

If I had the choice, I'd probably go 1/2 size down with a 8.5D in the plaintoes and have the leather stretch width wise over time. Although a 9D, while slightly roomier than ideal in stock condition, nothing a thick pair of socks and/or a decent insole won't fix.

2180.jpg2181.jpg2182.jpg2183.jpg

There you go edmond

2179.jpg

those are realy cool. i have got the same but redish, i am surprized i bought them in munich and they are also 1909s whats really the difference to the 1911s?

does anyone know ?

damn loving those 1909's red..... any ideas where I could cop those still? also are the 1909's like the 1911's European editions or the US Black Cherrry Gentlemen Travelers?

does anyone know (Edmond)

(please pm me)

There is no difference between the 1909s and the 1911s except color and availability. The 1911s are available in the US now through Zappos, but overpriced. I don't know where you can get the 1909s.

Also, I would assume the same model in black would be the 1910, but I'm not sure about that.

well cultizm sell the 1911 too, they are cheaper then zappos

here is the link

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p85_RED-WING-BOOTS---1911-D-BLACK-CHERRY-CHROMEXCEL.html

i think the onley difference between the 1909 and the 1911 is that the 1909s where some anniversary edition, thats why they have the 100 on the side i guess

^ Yeah the 1909's are the anniversary editions. I'm not sure if the leather quality is different (better?), but other than that the main differences I've noticed are that the 100th branding, and the color is more of a darker-richer brown with less red tones, compared to what exists on the 1911s (red cherry colored), which has more noticeable/brighter red tones.

I was lucky enough to snag a pair of 1911s off a member here...and I've seen them for sale from time to time on sufu and styleforum, but otherwise yeah, like people have mentioned, culitizm.com has 'em, as well as zappos.com, and of course through rakuten.co.jp via proxies. The 1909s, like most of the anniversary ed's are pretty hard to find, although I think I saw a couple while browsing rakuten...

Thanks SB. Yep, rough-out leather. I was actually trying to find either of these colors, but of course they aren't available here.

chippewacolors.jpg

I have to say that the sizing is true to size. For instance, if you normally wear a 9D, then I would say go for a 9D, unlike Frye's who size up half a size. I have to warn you though, they aren't too comfortable to wear, so I have insoles in them. You get used to the high heel after awhile. Besides, it makes you an inch taller. But you can't really beat the quality / price. Its still a pretty solid boot.

for anyone interetsed on engineer boot history, this is a nice page. the guy has a big collection of ol boots

http://www.classicboots.com/trivia/engineer.htm

fatass....great pickup with the aldens. i personally prefer the AF60s, but those still look amazing. nice fit on the IH634s too.

redwinger - thats an awesome RW collection. the 2268, 8131 and 1909 look especially good. the wear on the 1909 and 8131 is crazy.....how often do you wear those two pairs in particular? im guessing you almost always wear boots...?

i have to be in line jon for those aldens jesus this is what you call hype! i have to wait till may next year!!!

Hi JPGM

When I got the 8131 i wore them for about two years and probably 350 days per year, the 1909 I wear a lot, all I wear (except at weddings or funerals) is red wings. The funny thing is, it can be 35 degrees celsius and I do not sweat in these shoes.

^ Yeah the 1909's are the anniversary editions. I'm not sure if the leather quality is different (better?), but other than that the main differences I've noticed are that the 100th branding, and the color is more of a darker-richer brown with less red tones, compared to what exists on the 1911s (red cherry colored), which has more noticeable/brighter red tones.

I was lucky enough to snag a pair of 1911s off a member here...and I've seen them for sale from time to time on sufu and styleforum, but otherwise yeah, like people have mentioned, culitizm.com has 'em, as well as zappos.com, and of course through rakuten.co.jp via proxies. The 1909s, like most of the anniversary ed's are pretty hard to find, although I think I saw a couple while browsing rakuten...

Hi munkyballz

They made 2005 pairs of the 1909's, I guess there is very few left or none. They are made of Horween leather, which is a famous chicago leather company, which also started in 1905 like red wing.

There is no difference between the 1909s and the 1911s except color and availability. The 1911s are available in the US now through Zappos, but overpriced. I don't know where you can get the 1909s.

Also, I would assume the same model in black would be the 1910, but I'm not sure about that.

the same model in black is the 1914

Title says it all. Cotton Duck did us a favor by scanning in a catalog that shows these models. Page 51 of this thread. It's worth doing a little browsing, as this thread is such a treasure trove.

Cheers :cool:

Decided to get the Alden AF43's instead finally. I really liked the AF60's that have been posted, but wanted something different. I noticed there aren't a lot of people who have them, so here are mine.

alden2li5.jpg

alden5dv9.jpg

alden7ew1.jpg

alden8jk8.jpg

IH 634s

Alden AF43

those are nice fat. fuck, i'll add em to my list of shit to get before the end of year.

Title says it all. Cotton Duck did us a favor by scanning in a catalog that shows these models. Page 51 of this thread. It's worth doing a little browsing, as this thread is such a treasure trove.

Cheers :cool:

I remember seeing that! Thats what turned me on to the 1911s in the first place. Thanks for finding it.

anyone got experience with the RW lineman model 2904, I'm wondering how sizing is on those, I got a pair of Clapton Classics in 12D, but they are just a tad big (long that is)...

I wear a US12 in SB dunks and most other sneakers, sometimes 11.5

would sizing on the lineman model be similar to the clapton classics, the 875 (or the equivalent with the normal toe) or the 9011?

anyone got experience with the RW lineman model 2904, I'm wondering how sizing is on those, I got a pair of Clapton Classics in 12D, but they are just a tad big (long that is)...

I wear a US12 in SB dunks and most other sneakers, sometimes 11.5

would sizing on the lineman model be similar to the clapton classics, the 875 (or the equivalent with the normal toe) or the 9011?

I think moste crepe sole boots (like the lineman, right?) are built on the same last. Id probably sice down one size from nike, and get wider, but that depends on the shape of your foot, but atleast half a size from nike. I expect them to be sized the same as both Claptons and 875s.

I wear a 12 in dunks and 11 EE in Claptons (that fits pretty roomy)