Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I don't know if anyone here likes Paraboot, the French shoe maker. I've tried finding a source in NYC but no luck.

When I was at B. Nelson, Nick asked me if I liked Paraboot. I think he gets Paraboot repairs and respects the brand. So he might know where you can get them in NYC.

I'm thinking of getting these re-soled with a honey vibram. I think it could look good.

I'd go for it. Chicken's honey Vibram Indies look very good. I think he could win the LeatherSole action-photo contest with his rappelling photo!!

Sure, I can get your a worn pic maaaaybe tomorrow. I am crazy busy this weekend though. Both pairs of Barker Blacks were $775 before tax at the boutique in Nolita.

ah I was wondering if those whites and indies would show up again on the thread. I was more than tempted to buy the indies but you beat me to them.

This was my chance to get both the shoes that were way up on my list, and with the Cat's Paws job on them, i just couldn't resist.

Needless to say i love the look and feel of both.

The high arch on the White's is very comfortable, i can use the support on my flat feet.

I'd go for it. Chicken's honey Vibram Indies look very good. I think he could win the LeatherSole action-photo contest with his rappelling photo!!

I was going to suggest that he submit the photo, as I've been trying to come up with an idea to top it, but I don't think I can. I think Chicken's got the contest in the bag.

Unfortunately, most of my ideas would involve the outdoors as well and probably climbing, but if I were rock climbing, I'd have my rock climbing shoes on. I mean, I guess I could strap on some Indy's just to do it, but I'm rather doubful that the neoprene sole would work all that well when trying to stand on a little nub. That and I don't have any outdoor trips planned anytime soon.

I was going to suggest that he submit the photo, as I've been trying to come up with an idea to top it, but I don't think I can. I think Chicken's got the contest in the bag.

Unfortunately, most of my ideas would involve the outdoors as well and probably climbing, but if I were rock climbing, I'd have my rock climbing shoes on. I mean, I guess I could strap on some Indy's just to do it...

I'm sure there will be s fair share of photos where they did the thing just for the contest. But for the photos I know about, there's Chicken's and maybe ... Did LeicaLad ever wear Indies in his boot/chopper-door-over-warzone photos?

I don't know if anyone here likes Paraboot, the French shoe maker. I've tried finding a source in NYC but no luck.

i've seen some beautiful paraboots being sold at the shoe store on upper east side that also sells aldens. i'm brainfarting their name though.

Chicken- if you remember the name of that shoe store let me know.

denim- thanks for the link.

As a testament to the indestructibility of paraboots here's a pair that I've had since 1995. These are the oldest pair of shoes I own. I really didn't know how to look after shoes back then either. I had the sole replaced last year but unfortunately the guy I went to couldn't match the color. It wasn't really his fault, he showed me what he was going to do and I agreed to it. I'm going to take them to the guy who did my red wings and see if he can re-do them.

pb1.jpg

pb2.jpg

Unfortunately, most of my ideas would involve the outdoors as well and probably climbing, but if I were rock climbing, I'd have my rock climbing shoes on. I mean, I guess I could strap on some Indy's just to do it, but I'm rather doubful that the neoprene sole would work all that well when trying to stand on a little nub. That and I don't have any outdoor trips planned anytime soon.

I think I might do the Stairway to Heaven in them. If you've been to Hawaii, then you know what i'm talking about.

I just bought a pair of apc new standards and cheap monday unwashed blacks at rogues gallery's flagship store here in Portland, Maine (woot woot) today, and the girl there showed me their new line of shoes, being sold for $300. The nicest of which are these green boots you can see in their website's lookbook:

http://roguesgallery.com/lb9.html

http://roguesgallery.com/lb3.html

http://roguesgallery.com/lb4.html

I'm sure they're not nearly on par with most of the boots you all talk about, but they're a lot slimmer than most, which I think would go well with skinnier jeans. Plus they're green!

The nicest of which are these green boots you can see in their website's lookbook:

Any idea who made them?

I can't see the toe well enough to see if they're russells or not. Interesting to see a boot with a boat sole.

I can imagine a boot like that done in slightly darker kangaroo would be quite nice.

Any idea who made them?

I can't see the toe well enough to see if they're russells or not. Interesting to see a boot with a boat sole.

I can imagine a boot like that done in slightly darker kangaroo would be quite nice.

The Rogues Gallery boots are made by the Quoddy Trail Moccasin Company.

http://quoddytrail.com/

The rogues gallery boots are pretty much a shorter version of the standard "grizzly boot" with the boat sole.

I know they had their own version by Quoddy a while ago, but I'm pretty sure these are fairly new. They told me that there was a positive writeup about the boots in GQ recently, though I haven't seen it. When I was handling them I did notice something written on the bottom... could've been 'russells' for all I know.

This may be a stupid question but i'm going to ask it anyway. If I found a pair of soles that I really liked on a pair of shoes, could I have them removed and put onto a pair of shoes that I have? I'm assuming it would be hard to remove the sole and might possibly damage them.

Also, if the sole you want is bigger that the shoes you want them on, could they shave the sides down to fit?

Sorry if these are noob questions.

This may be a stupid question but i'm going to ask it anyway. If I found a pair of soles that I really liked on a pair of shoes, could I have them removed and put onto a pair of shoes that I have? I'm assuming it would be hard to remove the sole and might possibly damage them.

Also, if the sole you want is bigger that the shoes you want them on, could they shave the sides down to fit?

Sorry if these are noob questions.

The sole you want to use...how is it attached to the boot its on now? If its only glued, and is of significant thickness, I'm pretty sure it can be cut off, sanded down, and reused. If its sewn on, the welt would have to be undone to get it off, and then it be restitched onto the new boots, which can be taxing on the sole around all the needle holes. What soles are they? Show us some pictures....I might just know a place that can source them for you.

c667_1.jpg

Besides the size question there's the shape of the last. The soles now have stitch holes in them. This leaves a certain contour after the threads are removed. Does this countour match the new shoes? Most likely not. So you're gonna have left-over stitch holes on the bottoms of the soles after they get on the new shoes. The only way around that would be if the new shoes were so small that they could trim all that stuff off. I doubt there's that much a size difference.

So the question might boil down to - on that second pair of shoes, are you willing to have ghostly contour of old stitch holes, which probably won't match the contour of the shoe it's on?

man, those are beautiful engineer boots.

why mess with those?

The sole of the left boot is split where the leather and the end of the Cat's Paw sole join. I already have a pair of Frye Harness boots so I wouldn't need another pair. I'm just after the sole.

Besides the size question there's the shape of the last. The soles now have stitch holes in them. This leaves a certain contour after the threads are removed. Does this countour match the new shoes? Most likely not. So you're gonna have left-over stitch holes on the bottoms of the soles after they get on the new shoes. The only way around that would be if the new shoes were so small that they could trim all that stuff off. I doubt there's that much a size difference.

So the question might boil down to - on that second pair of shoes, are you willing to have ghostly contour of old stitch holes, which probably won't match the contour of the shoe it's on?

All good things to think about. I'm sure that these won't match the sole of my Indies so I don't think i'll go after them. I just like the color of the sole and thought it would look good since I hadn't seen it before.

Thanks for all the inputs guys. These are on eBay if anyone is interested.

whioaa those are some mean boots you got there.. love those engineers been an engineer boopts fan ever since so when i saw the lonewolf engineers with cats paw ive got to have it nice one DP