Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hi,

Got a sizing question for Alden Indy Boot.

I wear size US11 in Nike etc. And US 10.5 in Clarks.

Would a US11 in Alden Indy fit me?

Or would they just be to big?

Thanks

my advice is to go to a real shoe store, one that you trust knows how to measure feet. I'd recommend some sort of orthopedic place.

have them measure your feet from heel to toe and heel to ball on a brannock device. use whichever measurement is bigger. I had a lot of trouble getting the right size in the 405 until I got my heel to ball measurement. I ordered that size and they fit.

that's also the advice of Brian Schmidt @ Giesche Shoes in Geneva IL. A very knowledgeable man on alden sizing.

Thanks for the advice guys! I think I have made up my mind to go with size 10.5 in these. I do wear that in my Wolverine 1000 mile boots as well. And they fit me perfectly!

For me and my relatively wide feet, the Barrie last is a half size down. I'm an 11 in most shoes & sneakers but a 10.5 in Barrie and 10.5 in Wolverine 1K.
Sizing "down" from Nike is not the correct way to size your shoes. You should only ever refer to sizing down, or sizing approximation, from your measured foot size or Brannock size. Dress shoes and Mocs typically fit true to measured foot size.

Good clarification. I should have mentioned that my foot is an 11 on the Brannock and most of my shoes are an 11D. That's why I like the Barrie so much...plenty of toe room. Some lasts (not specific to Alden) D width just won't work. For instance, I'm a 10.5D in the Barrie lasted Alden Shell Chukka boot by an 11D in the Leydon lasted suede chukka. I much prefer the fit of the Barrie.

WTF is up with the shoemart Alden 2nds list? I learned long ago that signing up via email is useless. If you call, they happily add you to the list. However, I usually get a single email, maybe 2-3 at the most then it stops. I call back a month later and start the process again. Is there a way to get on that list and remain on it?

I definitely like #8 the best. It is also the most easily to coordinate with my clothes.

My #8's are evolving beautifully...

That's an understatement! They sure do look gorgeous and clearly look better with age.

I definitely like #8 the best. It is also the most easily to coordinate with my clothes.

Couldn't agree more. The only Alden shell I've owned is Color #8 but that's exactly why I chose it. It works so well with so many different colors and PTB's and/or chukka boots go well with denim, khaki's, etc. I think they look perfect with a pair of charcoal flannel pants in the fall & winter. I can't wait for cooler weather.