Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My logic works in the opposite way to yours.

I see the picture and think that judging from the wearer, he couldn't have owned those boots long enough to put that amount of damage on them by normal wear. So the wear on the creases seems intentional to me. Personally I don't rate distressing.

Or maybe he just rolls around on concrete.

Anyway who cares what I think.

Why Viberg is riding the USA wave.

Viberg a company out of Canada is trying to ride the Made in USA wave. Why would a Canadian company try to pose as an American company is a good question. But the answer is really the proof in the pudding. That’s because Viberg boots in America and Canada sell for about $400 dollars US. But they try to sell direct to the consumer for $6-700 dollars by adding some custom options and that’s their choice to jack up their price. But Viberg isnt Made in USA they’re Canadian so its a bit deceiving in my perception. The American wave is just that Americana not Canadian. And the fashionable retro look is an American tradition. You might think about that when you want your next pair of boots because ours are truly an American made product and if you want true Americana then select a pair of American made White’s or Wesco Boots.

interesting entry from bakershoe blog

And actionable, as in defamatory. Libel laws are tougher in the US, in that you have to prove malice. That entry seems to press all the buttons. Very unprofessional - and kinda racist, as in Canadians aren't allowed to make workwear?

I would definitely say that is quite a bitchy message. Unlike some brands bakershoes carries, viberg offers perforated toe caps and horse leather in the US. Viberg's production is also 20 a day vs whites and wescos around 100 (information courtesy of ed). I do understand you pay more and that is legitimate complaint, and i really love whties and wesco...but i really dont apreciate unprofessional snitting an shitting on viberg. If their prices are so out of control them why are your worrying, it takes them out of the competition

Does a leather liner make boots warmer?

I got my black SDs w/ a liner, looking to get a pair in brown Chromexcel ordered this summer so that they'd be delivered in time for fall.

I live in Texas, so the cooler I can make them, the more time I get to wear them. Would totally go for a Cambrelle option if White's offered it, ala Wesco.

Unlike some brands bakershoes carries, viberg offers perforated toe caps and horse leather in the US.

You mean Canada ...

Really it's just hype anyways. They're hyping their products and they would be hyping Viberg if they could sell them.

Hmmm. Together with all the slagging off of Julian boots, seems to suggest these makers of gnarly hard-working boots are really a bunch of whinging jessies.
It's pretty poor form...

This.

Whatever happened to professionalism and letting your products speak for themselves? The crappy grammar and punctuation grates a bit, too. The whole thing makes me think less of Bakershoe, rather than less of Viberg.

IIRC Baker's used to stock Viberg.

You can still see the old, unlinked pages if you google "Baker's" + "viberg".

Nice, nicolx3, did you get the size 8 off Tricker's eBay?

I was seriously contemplating kopping it a couple of weeks ago - definitely a very unique make-up as far as the Western market goes.

(Apparently quite a popular ladies boot in Japan :P)

Super Future Nation,

I want to send a sincere apology for these comments. These comments don’t reflect the way Baker’s Shoes has done business in the past 55 years.

Viberg makes a heck of a boot! The quality of components and craftsmanship is comparable to White’s, Nick’s and West Coast. We respect all brands and what they stand for. We weren’t trying to be derogatory to Viberg or disrespect anyone; we were just trying to promote Made in USA products like White’s and Wesco.

We take great pride in this company and how we treat people. I think that anyone whose done business with us in the past would say that they’ve had a positive and supporting experience. If you have any questions about products, please contact me directly on Super Future or email at [email protected]

Also, as some of you know, we are trying to get some new attributes that White’s has held as an exlusive in the past. We are hoping to add a few new leathers that haven’t been available to us up to this point including a 2 or 3 Chrome Excel colors by Horween and Horsehide. We will also be unveiling a customizable, handmade Engineer boot this fall by White’s.

Again, I am sorry that this may have offended people - It was not our intention.

We greatly appreciate our customers and look forward to providing excellent knowledge and service to all.

Sincerely,

Kyle

Baker’s Shoes and Clothing

www.bakershoe.com

IIRC Baker's used to stock Viberg.

You can still see the old, unlinked pages if you google "Baker's" + "viberg".

Nice, nicolx3, did you get the size 8 off Tricker's eBay?

I was seriously contemplating kopping it a couple of weeks ago - definitely a very unique make-up as far as the Western market goes.

(Apparently quite a popular ladies boot in Japan :P)

Yes mikecch. Those were the UK8 off the bay. Was in the market for something like this with this particular acorn color. Thought through them for a few days. Ironed somethings out with David and pulled the trigger. Went half way round the globe in under 60 hours. Impressive shipping.. :)

^ Haha, small world after all.

Looking forward to seeing how the acorn calf ages.

I wonder if it darkens to a reddish brown the same as mix veg. tan leathers of the same colour - would be very interesting.

Super Future Nation,

I want to send a sincere apology for these comments. These comments don’t reflect the way Baker’s Shoes has done business in the past 55 years.

Viberg makes a heck of a boot! The quality of components and craftsmanship is comparable to White’s, Nick’s and West Coast. We respect all brands and what they stand for. We weren’t trying to be derogatory to Viberg or disrespect anyone; we were just trying to promote Made in USA products like White’s and Wesco.

We take great pride in this company and how we treat people. I think that anyone whose done business with us in the past would say that they’ve had a positive and supporting experience.

Oh please, you can do better than that. This reads like you googled "apology form letter" and filled in the blanks. The only way I'll excuse those comments is if we get an exclusive superfuture discount.

Oh please, you can do better than that. This reads like you googled "apology form letter" and filled in the blanks. The only way I'll excuse those comments is if we get an exclusive superfuture discount.

Seriously?

You have '1' post.

Nice boots dirtyjack, love that colour!

You have the same floor-tiles as nicolx3?

Two great pairs of Tricker's, good work!

I was hoping that the acorn shooting boot would turn up in a 10, before I caned the cash I had in PayPal... :D

^ Haha, small world after all.

Looking forward to seeing how the acorn calf ages.

I wonder if it darkens to a reddish brown the same as mix veg. tan leathers of the same colour - would be very interesting.

Think it'll only get noticeably darker if you use oil etc on it; I polish my acorn Stows with a mid tan polish to bring out the colour...

^ Cheers CTB - do you know where Tricker's calf leather come from, or the specifics of their tannage?

I like them a bit more than the calf from other similarly priced brands, and they're easy to fiddle with at home.

^ David just got back to me - it's vegetable tanned calf hide from Italy (I'm not sure which tannery).

No wonder it's so much more responsive than the other calf shoe leathers I've come across.