Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

hey all, I need some advice:

I just purchased some RedWing Iron Rangers, Amber Harness, and I have some Bickmore 100% pure neatsfoot oil and I am ordering some Sno Seal for the winter time (From Canada).

1- How often should I apply the neatsfoot oil? (ive tried googling it and have found varied answers)

2- How often do I apply the Sno-Seal during the winter?

3- Do I apply both during the winter or only the sno-seal?

Thank you!

Dont overdo it since that will not be good for the leather. Better to little/seldom than too much/often. Also always clean your boots before greasing them up. Otherwise you will grease that dirt into the leather and you will never get it out.

I think the quality of all the leathers that White's offers is probably very high. I have 3 pair of SD and all are excellent quality leather but very different. I have brown chromexcel, brown dress leather, and black leather from the standard Smokejumper (not sure what it's called but super thick, super soft). All are excellent. The dress leather is firmer, very smooth finish and would take a very nice polish. The other two are softer leathers and feel a little more workboot and a little less dress I think. I love all three actually.

I think the quality of all the leathers that White's offers is probably very high. I have 3 pair of SD and all are excellent quality leather but very different. I have brown chromexcel, brown dress leather, and black leather from the standard Smokejumper (not sure what it's called but super thick, super soft). All are excellent. The dress leather is firmer, very smooth finish and would take a very nice polish. The other two are softer leathers and feel a little more workboot and a little less dress I think. I love all three actually.

Ordered my SD's in dress brown because of your pics.:D

So just got these in today. White's Farmer/Rancher in rough out w/ lug sole. Scored them off Ebay direct from White's for $157 +shipping. Killer deal and love the rough out leather and boot in general but it has a soft toe rather then the celastic reinforced toe box you find on most White's. So far the shame on the toe is still good but it's totally soft. Anybody have a pair without the celastic toe box reinforcement? Thoughts? I have the option to return them but I figure I'll keep em for a while since I got them for a good price. Figure I can always sell them for most of what I paid if I decide I don't like the lack of toe box reinforcement.

roughout.jpg

my roughouts boutny hunters have the oft toe you can press the toe and you can touch your toes but i think they dont use cellastics no more because its hard enough to retain its shape

Thanks. Here are a few more pics that might be a little more clear.

dsc2984q.jpg

Color isn't accurate on this one due to flash I guess, they are darker as shown in the first picture.

dsc2985v.jpg

dsc2986.jpg

This sort of shows how soft the toe is. Still not sure about this...

dsc2987.jpg

dsc2988.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with how these boots look, White's rough-out leather is awesome stuff. I also really like the added heigh as compared to my Semi-Dress boots. These seem basically like a Bounty Hunter...is there any difference between the BH and the FR other then one is White's name and the other Baker's?

So just got these in today. White's Farmer/Rancher in rough out w/ lug sole. Scored them off Ebay direct from White's for $157 +shipping. Killer deal and love the rough out leather and boot in general but it has a soft toe rather then the celastic reinforced toe box you find on most White's. So far the shame on the toe is still good but it's totally soft. Anybody have a pair without the celastic toe box reinforcement? Thoughts? I have the option to return them but I figure I'll keep em for a while since I got them for a good price. Figure I can always sell them for most of what I paid if I decide I don't like the lack of toe box reinforcement.

roughout.jpg

Dude - at $157, wear em. They look fantastic and that's an awesome price...

I am pretty new at the shoes stuff but im working on these atm:

71654_493327805999_645750999_7877936_6710288_n.jpg

Bought them last month in Tokyo. I am loving them atm. Behind is a pair of leather birkenstock which i bought 10 months ago in hong kong. I just waxed them and they are looking new again :)

i really like these, are they red wing 875s?

these dont look like the farmer rancher style that im seeing. they look more like custom semi dress boots like these.

http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots/product/custom-semi-dress-by-whites-boots/

is it just me? can someone drop a link on what slide13 got?

they're definitely not custom semi dress. they have a smokejumper heel counter. they look just like the bounty hunter to me...

hmmm where can i find places that sell these online? im looking at the white's website and bakershoe and i cant find anything that looks like that thats called farmer/rancher. there are farmer/rancher ones but they dont look the same.

White's sells boots on custom order basically, they don't really do much in the way of stock boots so you won't find these for sale, in stock, like this except maybe direct from White's on Ebay. If you go to BakerShoe.com and select their Bounty Hunter boot with brown rough out and the other appropriate details you would pretty much get this exact boot I believe. The Semi-Dress you are looking at is in the same leather...but that is the only similarity, otherwise it's a different boot. You can pick from tons of leathers with White's, that picture is merely a representative sample of one possible configuration.