Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

What color are the laces? They look brown in the pics you posted yesterday and black today. Difference could be different screens I'm viewing the pics on.

The color is hard to pickup on my old point and shoot...They are dark brown!

Not exactly shot, but looks like the potential to get worse. It's just a matter of the epidermis getting dry over the years. Any leather repairman can fix it, even when it gets worse. It's one of your favorite pairs, I would suggest that you fix it right away. If not don't worry about it.

my local shoe repair guy said there's nothing he can do, not sure if taking it to a different place will change that.

i could bring it to a place near where i work (near wall st.) as i figure the shoe repair places down there are probably quality spots.

while browsing the duluth site, I found those...

http://www.duluthtrading.com/86053.aspx?feature=related-products-97788-86053&ev3=recommended_products#

I know, it is the roofer, but the color looks great.

I don't normally go for lace to toe boots, but for some reason, I kinda like these. The Engineer Boots look pretty good, too, and they appear to be the same color.

I've been going to Minas Shoe Repair (which mizanation recommended a ways back) and he's pretty good, I have a similar situation going on with a pair I have, I'm going to take them in and see what's going on with them.

I've been going to Minas Shoe Repair (which mizanation recommended a ways back) and he's pretty good, I have a similar situation going on with a pair I have, I'm going to take them in and see what's going on with them.

+1 for Minas, great work and everyone that works there is super honest and helpful

nobody selling a pair of those Alden Kidskin boots on the modified last from some pages back in size 8-8.5? or the Alden tan vegano cap toe boots in size 8 from Winn Perry? (sold out in my size)

40714H_2_WEB_large.jpg?1286829524

I asked Moulded Shoe about those kidskin boots but he does not stock them, if i want them its a custom order and price will be 950$ ! Definitely not for my wallet.

Perhaps i should stick with a custom built pair of Whites...I'm just not sure about the block heel; can someone post fit pictures of their Whites with block heeles?

nobody selling a pair of those Alden Kidskin boots on the modified last from some pages back in size 8-8.5? or the Alden tan vegano cap toe boots in size 8 from Winn Perry? (sold out in my size)

40714H_2_WEB_large.jpg?1286829524

I asked Moulded Shoe about those kidskin boots but he does not stock them, if i want them its a custom order and price will be 950$ ! Definitely not for my wallet.

Perhaps i should stick with a custom built pair of Whites...I'm just not sure about the block heel; can someone post fit pictures of their Whites with block heeles?

SLAB,

not sure if you saw a pic of these,

i am the owner of a japanese Alden | Cap Toe Kidskin Boots 41886H | Modified Last | Ships Japan Edition.

that i rarely wear anymore, due to me buying it sized up .5 size for me foot. if you are interested, i have recent pics, on page 1862 of this forum if you are interested in asking me anything about them, please by all means, let me know and PM me.

thanks for looking~

went to minas, they said that they can't "fix" the crack, but that they will condition it and treat the leather so that i should be able to get another year or two out of the shoes.

not bad. thanks guys!

yes,

i love them, and wish i would have sized down to 8 as well, but i was clueless about modified last when i made this 1st Alden purchase..

Ahhh, pity. If they had been a 9D I would have definitely been interested. They're great. I love the grain of the kid skin and the modified is my favourite Alden last.

I'm sure you won't have much problem shifting them if you decide to sell them.

My new custom vibergs :

IMG_9681.JPG

IMG_9684.JPG

Specs:

- Ice Mocha Horween Chromexcel leather

- Plain toe cap

- 6 brass eyelets high

- nailed down constructed, brass nails (steel nails will corrode)

- 705 Vibram halfsole, dead-stock Cats Paw heel