Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Isn't it bad luck to put a worn pair of shoes on a table or bed?

i thought i was putting a hat on a bed that was bad luck. does that apply to chairs too?

oh, to stay on topic... nice roy boots!

i stopped in the allen edmonds store today (i was randomly walking by) and wasn't impressed. they aren't much cheaper than aldens, so i see no reason to not just go for aldens.

Isn't it bad luck to put a worn pair of shoes on a table or bed?

I guess that must have been terrible luck then because these are WELL worn.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but am I the only one that thinks Aldens are kind of boring? They just don't do it for me I guess.

Don't worry, you'll drink the Alden Kool-Aid, along with the White's Punch, Red Wing Lemonade, and the Wesco Cola.

Just give it some time.

I want a pair of Chippewa engineers.

I think Fryes are underrated, At with least some of their classic styles. I didn't realize how many down market lines they've added in recent years. Those cavaly boots a few pages back look great. Are they taller than their standard harness boot, or do they just look taller without the straps?

I think Fryes are underrated, At with least some of their classic styles. I didn't realize how many down market lines they've added in recent years. Those cavaly boots a few pages back look great. Are they taller than their standard harness boot, or do they just look taller without the straps?

They're the same as the standard harness boot. The heel is higher which I think makes them look taller. The leather is also really thick. Much thicker than my two pairs of harness boots, so they don't sag as much which I think contributes to how tall they look.

Those look great! Are those American Chippewas, or some fancy ones? Also I need help sizing, I wear 9.5 in Alden Indy any sizing ideas?

Thinking about these

http://workingperson.com/products/22_359_27/1/2290/Chippewa_Boots:_Mens_Slip_On_Steel_Toe_Motorcycle_Boots_27899.html

Don't worry, you'll drink the Alden Kool-Aid, along with the White's Punch, Red Wing Lemonade, and the Wesco Cola.

Just give it some time.

What about the Cat's Paws jungle juice?

Those look great! Are those American Chippewas, or some fancy ones? Also I need help sizing, I wear 9.5 in Alden Indy any sizing ideas?

Thinking about these

http://workingperson.com/products/22_359_27/1/2290/Chippewa_Boots:_Mens_Slip_On_Steel_Toe_Motorcycle_Boots_27899.html

I'm not sure if they are american or japanese exclusive. They are custom though since that sole isn't available on regular Engineer's Chippewa offers.

I wear a 9 in Alden Indy's and I got a pair of 9's in my Red Wing Engineer 2970.

The workboot and workshirt bubble must have bust.

Before:

img2132o.jpg

bootk.png

The tips of the laces were starting to fray, and I never really cared for them. I saw some leather laces at the cobbler the other day so I bought them to swap out the old laces. Surprising how changing the laces can transform a pair of boots. The leather laces also seem to hold the knot better so the boots don't loosen as easily.

After:

img2445n.jpg

img2458k.jpg

The boots are also starting to show some signs of wear.

Scuff where the hairiness of the roughout has been smoothed out

img2451z.jpg

The toe on the left boot is still super hairy though

img2457.jpg

Another scuff, on the counter. My SExSC06 have left their mark on the uppers too

img2453s.jpg

More indigo

img2456s.jpg

The leather lining, which was stiff as cardboard and murdering my ankles at the beginning, have conformed to my foot. I applied a bit of leather conditioner too to help soften it. These have become very comfortable, especially with the neoprene sole. At first I though I'd like them with a leather sole, but I don't think I'd enjoy standing and walking on those for an entire day. When I finally wear these down, I think I'll resole them with a crepe sole (Alden style). I imagine that would be like walking on clouds.

hard times; next up a revival of the doc martens and bleeched/shredded denim

jumper boots are always a treat for the eyes

liking those grizzly haired Whites as well