Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

they look nice^^

I'm sure Amlai's guess of Cheaney is good. Coul you take a photo of the 'BENCH MADE IN ENGLAND'? I've noticed that an easy way to check the maker is by this stamp. Even if they put a private label inside, the made in england stamp is normally the same typeface for most things made by the same factory

and here are some pics of my old Comme des Garçons Homme Plus (made in Japan) suede brogues. I really love the way they've faded like jeans at the crease point:)

they were originally crepe-soled, but it wore through and I swapped it for uncoloured leather and a thin heel

2940357815_07e3ec3ce8.jpg?v=02940357925_a65649d6e9.jpg?v=0

2940358021_b8ca32303c.jpg?v=0

These arrived in the mail yesterday:)

2941211706_2430625eee.jpg?v=0

2940357439_e1d7a85dbc.jpg?v=0

2941212102_24bf198a0c.jpg?v=0

2941211992_ca781b4ef8.jpg?v=0

with 2 year-old Yamane Deluxe: 2940358193_6574b617a5.jpg?v=0

2940358107_75f4f74e1b.jpg?v=0

sorry the pictures aren't great- it's not very bright outside this morning

Those wingtips look great, and your Yamane's do too, great vintage fit.

Any chance of some more detailed shots of the jeans?

These arrived in the mail yesterday:)

2941211706_2430625eee.jpg?v=0

2940357439_e1d7a85dbc.jpg?v=0

2941212102_24bf198a0c.jpg?v=0

2941211992_ca781b4ef8.jpg?v=0

with 2 year-old Yamane Deluxe: 2940358193_6574b617a5.jpg?v=0

2940358107_75f4f74e1b.jpg?v=0

sorry the pictures aren't great- it's not very bright outside this morning

Those wingtips look great, and your Yamane's do too, great vintage fit.

Any chance of some more detailed shots of the jeans?

The Japanese cigar shell Aldens also make me drool, why is the most lovely stuff always only available in Japan :(

beautiful rodeo bill!!

i like the suede CDG but the heel are too too thin for my preference and the new addition of the Alden are absolutely fantastic!:)

thanks again fattybfat:)

I actually like the heel being that low- on the origianl crepe sole it was just a slight step in the crepe, and very low like that. I wouldn;t want it on everything, but i think it suits these shoes, which are quite soft and unstructured. With the minimal heel it almost feels like being barefoot

So I finally settled on 7.5E for my Alden Indies. The folks at the Alden shop on Madison were kind enough to let me try on every pair of 7, 7.5, and 8 Indies they had without looking too annoyed. After talking to them about the fit and being informed of the wait period of ordering something they didn't have (16 weeks!!!), the 7.5Es didn't seem bad. I also figured the general "tightness" I felt might have had something to do with me not wearing anything that offered real foot support for the better part of four years. Indeed, after walking around in them for the better part of the afternoon, they were already pretty comfortable.

I'm sure once the leather stretches out the Indies will fit like a glove. I've dual-coated the Indies with a liberal application of Obenauf's... hopefully they'll last a good while.

I've searched everywhere for information about the Alden Military Last, but I cannot find anything. Does anyone know how it fits? Thanks!

Someone (GregNYC maybe?) mentioned the Barrie last was used for Alden's military shoes/boots back in the day, and that it seems to fit similar to the Footbalance Last. You'll have to go back through the thread.

I don't know if everyone will be interested in this, but I found this unbelievable shop in London yesterday. I've seen the sign before, but they're upstairs in an office building, and they don;t open normal shop hours, so i've never been in before.

http://www.schniederboots.com/

Boots%208.jpgboot5.jpgBoot%2018.jpgboot%2019.jpg

these are hard-core riding boots, with a royal warrant from the queen, and they shoe for the olympics (for the last 100 years!). I had a brief chat with the owner, Rudolf Schieder, whose grandfather opened the shop- he says he has his own factory in Northhampton- I don;t know how true this is, but these were next-level amazing quality. Stunningly beautiful inside and out- I've only seen this type of making on bespoke boots/shoes before.

they only have 3 'normal' (non specifically riding) styles of boot:

Boots20.jpgBoots%2016.jpg

I really don't think these pictures do them justice- the paddock boot (left) was lovely, but very similar to the Fox's boots I already have. The jodhpur boot comes elastic sided (what I'd call a Chelsea boot), and strapped. I am very very very tempted by the strapped jodhpur boot in black with a silver buckle... When I tried on a jodhpur boot in C&J it was nice, but the front part gaped open a bit at the sides, and the whole thing just didn;t seem quite right. The Schnieder version fit so sleekly, and the leather and workmanship added up to so much more than the sum of it parts. I think I'm in love:D. The down side is they;re very expensive- 430pounds, which is a great deal of money, and I only just got my Alden wingtips (which I am really enjoying). A good place to know about though!