A.P.C.

jeepster

I'd like to get some opinions. Grabbed this pair cheap on eBay. it's my first pair, so I figured I'd buy a cheap pair and determine how to size based on that. however these actually fit surprisingly well, so i will probably keep them. they are PS 30x30. I was wondering whether I should hem them 1-2 inches or just leave them as is cause it seems there is 1-1.5 inches of denim that has no place to go resulting in flaring out. idk if its just the angle from above or just being extra critical since its my first pair of raws. Would tapering them from the knee help with that at all? I have big quads from soccer but my calves are normal sized. Thanks for any input.

mind that they are stacked well in these pics because I just put them on, rather than having gravity take over after walking around a bit

2qa0fw4.jpg

igkzfr.jpg

14lqd03.jpg

Edited by zachleft

anyone has NS or NC in 34 or 36 ? can u do me a favor ? can you measure the upper thigh (from the very crotch to the outseam) for me please ? cus im really confused about the sizing. i mean i know there plenty of size charts out there but they seemed non sense to me.

Edited by gr0wer

anyone has NS or NC in 34 or 36 ? can u do me a favor ? can you measure the upper thigh (from the very crotch to the outseam) for me please ? cus im really confused about the sizing. i mean i know there plenty of size charts out there but they seemed non sense to me.

12.5" NS size 34

Question, what size did you go with on your jacket? I have no stores who carry Pointer around me and would like to know how honest the sizing is. Thank you.

Nice fade btw.

Thanks - its a Medium.. I think i'm a 38-40. Forgot.. 

Edited by rockon99

Editing this post since it got no answers and I figured a lot of things out by myself and still need help.  I live in a country that does not have a store that carries APC, so I have no choice but to buy them online.

I´m 5´9 and weight 154 lbs. My jeans waist is a solid 31, my thighs are 10 inches across calves and knees both around 7.25. I e-mailed a webshop and asked for some measurements on a few specific pairs of apc denim. They took some pairs that they had in stock and measured them, and this is what I came up with:

rrl0.jpg

The ones I marked with yellow are the ones that I thought that would fit me better. I´m looking for a slim tapered fit that is not painted on.

So now I´m stuck between NC 28, NC 29  or PS 28  judging by those measures. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by repl0id

• 3 weeks later...

Hey rep,

I'd suggest a 28 in PS or NS. The NC will flare a little at the opening. Not sure if that's what you want but i think that's generally an unflattering fit. 

I've had all three cuts before in the same size. The PS are def the slimmer and more tapered of the three.

Hope this helps you.

Editing this post since it got no answers and I figured a lot of things out by myself and still need help.  I live in a country that does not have a store that carries APC, so I have no choice but to buy them online.

I´m 5´9 and weight 154 lbs. My jeans waist is a solid 31, my thighs are 10 inches across calves and knees both around 7.25. I e-mailed a webshop and asked for some measurements on a few specific pairs of apc denim. They took some pairs that they had in stock and measured them, and this is what I came up with:

rrl0.jpg

The ones I marked with yellow are the ones that I thought that would fit me better. I´m looking for a slim tapered fit that is not painted on.

So now I´m stuck between NC 28, NC 29  or PS 28  judging by those measures. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if the "Bootleg" model has been mentioned? These are from around 1997, and some of the last ones made in France, before they moved production to Tunisia (Jean Touitou's homeland). Actually better quality denim than their current stuff, redline selvage, straight cut (kinda like an LVC 1947). The ones pictured have been worn several years, never washed.

Sorry for the pics turned every which way: they were all posted straight on imageshack, but turned out like this

jvzj.jpg

w991.jpg

240.JPG

j216.jpg

e4a7.jpg

Edited by Duconos los Grecos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I just got a new pair of New Standards and am wondering are these worth soaking before I start wearing them?  As far as I know APC's are all sanforized so soaking them for the shrink doesn't seem right. Is there another reason to soak?

So I just got a new pair of New Standards and am wondering are these worth soaking before I start wearing them?  As far as I know APC's are all sanforized so soaking them for the shrink doesn't seem right. Is there another reason to soak?

As far as I know there's no real reason to soak sanforized denim. Just wear and enjoy!

some folks like to soak to remove starch and other factory residue which can, over time, weaken the integrity of the cotton fibers, and also to give the jeans a more natural feel, instead of smooth cardboard.

to each their own though, sanforized denim will shrink very minimally.

• 2 weeks later...