A.P.C.

jeepster

Its been around 8months now, its time to wash my jeans for the 1st time. They've been cold and warm soaked one time teach. Im thinking about just throwing them in the machine washer, using regular detergent and hang drying for its 1st wash. Good or no good?

or even better dr. bronners. no detergents, or 'color-brightners' and its gentle. great for abused denim:D. i loathe machine-washing. makes jeans that dont have top-notch dye job( like apcs, no diss) looked washed-out too quick. and any holes, tears will get all fluffy and shit.

iralex's jeans look so much better in person. trust.

where can i get dr. bronners in the states? Should i get the Classic Liquid soap or the Organic Hand&body soup?

the only other option if i dont machine wash is hand wash. So if i hand wash, i would just soak in water dr. bronners and scrub all around, then hang dry?

iralex, how do u wash yours?

Logan - I see it literally all over the place in NYC - shouldn't be hard to find, most places know what it is and it should be around $10 for the non-jug big bottle

usually bath tub of hot water + cap full of woolite dark + like hour long soak (too lazy to scrub) + hang dry

hm...random belt loop bust today, but no sewing machine while away at school...trying to decide if I should bother going to a tailor in boston to just sew it up or leave it be...cause I doubt I can get my hand sewing kit's needle to go through this shiz...

APC items can no longer be discounted, so you'll have to instead look for deals that offer free shipping or a similar incentive. Just FYI

hasn't that always been APC's policies? I thought websites DGAF'd it and did it anyways...

Sorry for another useless question post, but I've been having some discrepancies lately with measurements. I've measured my true waist (a little below my belly button) to be 32.5ish time and time again. However, upon trying on an old pair of chinos and some levis that go up to around the same position, it appears I can fit into a listed 30x32. Wtf?

With this in mind, and that I usually wear 32 low-rise jeans that fit very comfortably, would size 29 new cures be a good choice? 29 resulting in about a 32.5ish actual waist at the end of all the stretching?

Sorry, once again. And yes, I've looked all through this thread multiple times and have perused the old APC thread, so please don't shun me off based on "not looking around."

WHY the hell are my APC NEw Standards still so tight after 1.5 months?!!

I am 6'1, 155 and i bought a pair of size 29s which i could fit into. They are still FUCKING uncomfortable after like 1.5 months..why is that?

Major camel toe at times and the thigh area is still skin tight..anyone know why?!! ALso..the jeans are a bit short..

When i button up the jeans...hurst my stomach area cause its tight...

Sorry for another useless question post, but I've been having some discrepancies lately with measurements. I've measured my true waist (a little below my belly button) to be 32.5ish time and time again. However, upon trying on an old pair of chinos and some levis that go up to around the same position, it appears I can fit into a listed 30x32. Wtf?

With this in mind, and that I usually wear 32 low-rise jeans that fit very comfortably, would size 29 new cures be a good choice? 29 resulting in about a 32.5ish actual waist at the end of all the stretching?

Sorry, once again. And yes, I've looked all through this thread multiple times and have perused the old APC thread, so please don't shun me off based on "not looking around."

What you posted makes sense, but I'd highly recommend trying a pair of NC on before buying. The sizing I had worked out similarly to yours worked fine for NS and PS but NC didn't work at all. But yes, a size 29NC will be around 31 and should easily stretch to 32.5.

What you posted makes sense, but I'd highly recommend trying a pair of NC on before buying. The sizing I had worked out similarly to yours worked fine for NS and PS but NC didn't work at all. But yes, a size 29NC will be around 31 and should easily stretch to 32.5.

Thanks for the input! Closest place with APCs is San Francisco and an hour and a half off. That's why I've been hesitant, but I think I'll definitely find some time to try on a pair.

WHY the hell are my APC NEw Standards still so tight after 1.5 months?!!

I am 6'1, 155 and i bought a pair of size 29s which i could fit into. They are still FUCKING uncomfortable after like 1.5 months..why is that?

Major camel toe at times and the thigh area is still skin tight..anyone know why?!! ALso..the jeans are a bit short..

When i button up the jeans...hurst my stomach area cause its tight...

You obviously sized them wrong.If they're that uncomfortable, throw them in the marketplace and buy a new pair or something.

Just bought a pair of APC PS in a 30 (sized 3 down). The inseam is 38" but I'm only 5"6', 156lbs. Need to drop down to 32' give or take an inch.

When should I hem the length, (after soak, after machine wash, after dry clean, after seawater bath, raw)? I figure I'll break them in for a while before a wash.

I don't want new cures, I wanted new standards because I didn't want them skin tight after stretching. Are these going to stretch out okay?

Those look really bad. I can't say for certain that they'll stretch enough, but I'd recommend going up at least one size. It sort of looks like you've got around 3 or 4 inches to go. I don't think APCs will stretch that much that easily. Unfortunately, with your apparently skinny legs, it's still gonna end up looking baggy throughout the legs and tight at the waist if you size up. You could also try pulling up your pants a bit as it might not work sagging that low right off the bat. I'd seriously consider the other person's recommendation of trying out New Cures. Maybe even Petit Standards.

Oh great. I ordered on friday confirming my order, do they send you another email to say that it has been shipped? I wouldn't expect them to ship on the weekend obviously so hopefully monday or tuesday! :)

You should get a Fedex shipment notification with a tracking number. It has been a while since I ordered, so maybe things have changed.