small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

wait so my link where i found the shoes are legit right/?

got the names mixed up

pickyourshoes.com (your link) is ligit.

ahh yeah. my bad. didnt notice ejm285 posted the link to pickyourshoes. like he says.. theyre definitely above board.. kickshustla though... not so much.

Band of Outsiders can be found on sale and ebay for that range but unless you get one in a long size which are pretty rare to find even instore, you won't really be able to tuck them in. Acne and Filippa K shirts on sale go for about that price and have a nice slim fit. Also, i think you can find the Brooks Brothers Black Fleece shirts for about that and they have a conservative but still relatively slim fit. Tim Hamilton buttonups you just missed at the Gilt Groupe sale as they have a very nice slim fit. There might be a few ebay resllers selling them off this coming week though.

the APC new cures offer a tighter, more tapered fit if that's what you're looking for.

HBlack- Nevermind. Take this mongloid's advice. New cures would look dope on your torso paired with some new standards or something

Thanks. I think I've seen BoO on sale for I think $150 at sydney's; id rather spend less than that but I might have to go with it. I think I've seen acne and flippa k around locally too, so I'll try those out next time.

I don't think gilt group ships to Canada, does it? Kind of a pain.

Are all ebay fashion items from Hong Kong fake? Anyone know of legit hong kong sellers? Usually when i look for ebay clothes and i see "item location: hong konk" i immediately ignore the link because i assume it's fake. Am i wrong? How do i know?

nah, i believe its only states. but you can always ask ppl around for proxy.

quick question: anyone deal with canadian customs? (thinking of getting something from canada but i never exp'd anything wth customs)

I know they tend to rape canadians on the duty, but I've never had issues with customs holding things. This is including several gun magazines i've ordered as well as a full sized airsoft gun. You should be okay.

Also, obedient sons, mmm and raf simons all have nice button ups. Same for burberry prorsum.

Your best bet is to try and find something on sale. At retail, there aren't many great options.

You can try http://www.jantzentailor.com/ for custom shirts. You can get their "slim cut" or your can send them measurements or even a shirt to copy. Some styleforum members have a few jantzen shirts and worked the site to great success. I'm thinking of using some BoO measurements from my shirt but just lengthening it 2 inches so i can tuck it in.

I would hop on BoO at $150, it's worth investing money in dress shirts. If you are looking to go even cheaper and care more about cut than quality you could always just thrift and tailor to your liking. Also if you thrift and tailor and find the right measurements for a shirt it'll be less scary ordering a custom shirt from jantzen.

I bought those exact OC boots and they were total shit, I sent them back the day I got them. Definitely do not buy unless they are like $100.

I would hop on BoO at $150, it's worth investing money in dress shirts. If you are looking to go even cheaper and care more about cut than quality you could always just thrift and tailor to your liking. Also if you thrift and tailor and find the right measurements for a shirt it'll be less scary ordering a custom shirt from jantzen.

I bought those exact OC boots and they were total shit, I sent them back the day I got them. Definitely do not buy unless they are like $100.

aww fuck ):

where they just shitty quality?

they looks so damn nice... :/

Materials themselves look kinda cheap too. I say this, but i do enjoy my light grey suede laceups still at sale price

A tailoring question - how hard is it to modify the shoulders on a suit jacket? There's one in a thrift store I'm interested in picking up, but the shoulders are atrocious football-pads-style... and if possible, how much could I expect to pay (ballpark) at an average tailor?

Wait, do the shoulders fit you well and there's just padding, or are the measurements off as well? Don't try to change shoulder measurements. Depending on how the jacket's made, it might be fine for a tailor to take the padding out, but i dunno. I'd talk to your local tailor about it

removing shoulder pads is very easy however i would probably say let it go. when you remove the shoulder pads it changes the entire fit of the suit a bit, the armholes drop a little bit, the back of the neck drapes differently etc. especially if you ae taking out a lot of padding it might be a sizeable difference. if anything i would say the shoulders are the only part that should be perfect right from the get go. almost anything else is fixable

Hey guys!

I am in need of some assistance. Lately I've been trying to design some clothing pieces and the first thing I want to start with is on a handkerchief/scarf piece. Since the trend of wearing a handkerchief/scarf around their necks as a kind of an urban thing, or how Kanye wears it, is kind of trendy, I'd figure I would see how it turns out.

But I do not know where to obtain a large quantity of handkerchiefs/scarves?

is it handkerchief or scarves that people wear around their necks these days?

anyone know a place where I can obtain, SOLID, YELLOW, good quality Scarves/handkerchiefs?

any help is appreciated!

theres lots, of course depending on what you like to wear, also on what kind of shirt you are wearing.. perhaps any slim derby or oxford or boot... could be dior to common projects to alden or anything.

personally i would go with a slim boot.. Find one you like, most of the boot gets hidden by the pants/jeans, alos i think boots look better with jeans..