So my buddy just broke up with his fiance because of denim.

thelion1856

So my buddy in Germany has a crazy denim addiction, his fiance has gotten sick of him "waisting" all his money on denim and had threatened to leave him if he keeps buying denim. He has APC's, Sugar Canes, PBJs, Samurai's you name it. (This is a dude who took a one week trip to japan for the soul purpose of buying japanese denim.)

So the first fight resulted in his girlfriend ripping apart to pieces a pair of his older worn in sugar canes from 2004, a pair of APC NC's and a brand new pair of Samurai 3000VX he had just got from japan.

He had swore to his fiance that he would never buy another pair ever again but the idiot orders a pair of Pure Blue's and it arrives at his house before he gets home. His fiance sits him down and tells him why did he lie to her about never buying denim again. Then she asks him if he wants to marry her and if he so claims that he loves her then he will have to burn these new jeans he just ordered but can keep all his previous denim. He tells her hell no and she walks out on him. That was the last he ever saw & talked to her.

He says he has a crazy denim addiction now but he feels free to buy what he wants now. Its been about 2 weeks since he last saw her.

Anyone here would chose your denim over a girlfriend/fiance or wife if it came down to it?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naw it wasnt me, i havent seen this cat in 12 years now. he moved to germany now we just email & shit. Naw he doesnt like message boards or computers, hes an active dude and cant stand being on the computer except for like the one or two days a month where he has to sit and do emailing and shit.

Well, were they the PBJ AI's?

hehhehe

Well, as you said, there's gotta be someone more understanding somewhere out there :) unless he like blew all the money they were supposed to eat for or something like that, then he needs help.

I'm staying single atleast 'til my second wash so that I can stink alot without feeling bad.

Interesting story i guess. I think there's two ways of seeing this situation. One would be the fact that your bud has a girlfriend/sig. other. This means that there are compromises that should be made in order to keep each other happy. It seems that your denim buddy didn't really keep his promise for his girl about not buying denim anymore. Though to us it might be just a pair of awesome denim (and no more denim after this last pair...really i mean it :D ), this might mean more to his girl than just a pair of pants. Essentially it could double as a meaning for respect, etc. etc.

However, on the other hand, his girlfriend should be more understanding when it comes to something like a pair of pants. Essentially the fact that she went nuts (or so it sounds according to your post) over denim doesn't exactly fit the bill of an understanding partner, which means a lot in a healthy relationship.

There's gotta be someone out there that cares about you and everything about you, even your stank-ass jeans....:)

his fiance is a crazy BIATCH. its better that she is gone now. if a fiance would leave you because of denim, she is one crazy bitch. i would slap the shit out of my girlfriend if she threatened to break up with me because of denim. so stupid, but such a woman thing to do. maybe she was getting cold feet? or she is just a whore. i dont know.

-later days.

I am glad I have an understanding fiance. She said she is going to give me $100 toward my next pair of jeans (somet, or Jean Shop.) Now that's love! I buy a lot of old guitar amps and fix them up, she HATES it whenI get new amps. I have a half stack (that she hasn't seen) hiding in the garage. I realized recently that she only knows that an amp is new if I tell her about it. So I got this 1968 Fender Bandmaster the other day and I had it on the bench for repairs, she sat next to me and didn't notice that it was a new amp! I hope she doesnt notice the new guitar and amp that will be delivered to my work next week! So the moral of the story is, your significant other will probably not know that you got a new pair of jeans unless you tell her! So don't tell her!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this story sounds like bullshit.

Also, I am highly sceptical that someone living in Europe can afford a return trip to Japan "once a week". Even for the most highly paid City trader type, the cost of this weekly trip would become financially draining. This is before he has even bought any jeans.

I smell a bullshitting rat

If this story is true, then there is no way he does not post on S.F. This is the definitve continually updated source about denim in the English speaking world, so I would imagine he would also be 'addicted' to superfuture

Guest jeffvyain

if it's true, i would've done the same thing. if a girl is really willing to break up with you over some jeans, i would say fuck her and get a move on. My girl knows how much I love jeans, and I do love her more than I love my jeans, but love can die without understanding. My girl just shakes her head when I buy new jeans. She's like "You JUST bought a pair" and i'm like baby, xcoldricex isn't going to be in japan forever. i gotta get while the gettin's good. I'm really going to try and hold off though after my denimes get here. It's just not practical...i'll never have enough time to break them in if i get more. These S5000VXs I just bought are gonna take enough time on their own.

I am glad I have an understanding fiance. She said she is going to give me $100 toward my next pair of jeans (somet, or Jean Shop.) Now that's love! I buy a lot of old guitar amps and fix them up, she HATES it whenI get new amps. I have a half stack (that she hasn't seen) hiding in the garage. I realized recently that she only knows that an amp is new if I tell her about it. So I got this 1968 Fender Bandmaster the other day and I had it on the bench for repairs, she sat next to me and didn't notice that it was a new amp! I hope she doesnt notice the new guitar and amp that will be delivered to my work next week! So the moral of the story is, your significant other will probably not know that you got a new pair of jeans unless you tell her! So don't tell her!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the moral of the story is, stick with repros, and in the end, they're all the same 501s.

I think the story sounds real. Travelling to japan to buy jeans is an awesome idea... and I'm having de ja vu about a psycho bitch detroying my clothes etc.

I think he should be glad to be rid of her... that is, as long as he isn't too poor, and wasn't borrowing or stealing money to buy jeans or travel to japan. If he's doing that... he's an idiot.

... I'm sure glad my wife likes japan... and me.

The girl sounds pretty in line to me. In any relationship, money management is a huge issue and is also the reason many don't last. If this guy is blowing a crap load of money on denim, it definitely is a problem.

The girl sounds pretty in line to me. In any relationship, money management is a huge issue and is also the reason many don't last. If this guy is blowing a crap load of money on denim, it definitely is a problem.

Yeah-

But the jeans are only a symptom of the deeper issue(money management), which is itself a symptom of the root issue- COMPATABILITY. This alleged couple didn't share the same interst level in something that is high on the dudes priority list- denim. A person can't enter in to a relationship expecting to change fundamental aspects of the other's personality. Even if they could have resolved the denim issue, the lack of compatability in this relationship would have caused it to fail eventually. He should find a denimhead and she should find a frugal tighwad.

They are both better off.