So my buddy just broke up with his fiance because of denim.

thelion1856

Yeah-

But the jeans are only a symptom of the deeper issue(money management), which is itself a symptom of the root issue- COMPATABILITY. This alleged couple didn't share the same interst level in something that is high on the dudes priority list- denim. A person can't enter in to a relationship expecting to change fundamental aspects of the other's personality. Even if they could have resolved the denim issue, the lack of compatability in this relationship would have caused it to fail eventually. He should find a denimhead and she should find a frugal tighwad.

They are both better off.

That's true, but it all depends on how far he went. I'm interested in cars, but I'm not stupid enough to go out and buy an M5 because I cannot afford an M5. Despite interest level, it's stupid. Just like there are plenty of people around here that have a love for denim but aren't necessarily standing in line to get Bespoke 45rpm.

What is he's like... a denim crackhead. Stealing shit and selling it just to afford his addiction.

In the end, nobody here knows enough detail to blame anyone :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confucius says: a man who walks side ways, bangkok.

in other words, the relationship was doomed from the beginning.

I can't believe i get a chance to correct the rookie mvp:

"...man who walk through TURNSTILE sideways, bangkok."

Other than that, Chicken's 100% right, it was doomed from the get-go.

That's true, but it all depends on how far he went. I'm interested in cars, but I'm not stupid enough to go out and buy an M5 because I cannot afford an M5. Despite interest level, it's stupid. Just like there are plenty of people around here that have a love for denim but aren't necessarily standing in line to get Bespoke 45rpm.

What is he's like... a denim crackhead. Stealing shit and selling it just to afford his addiction.

I guess there's a reason why Fiance is only a letter away from Finance!

somehow, i feel completely okay being corrected on my asian word of wisdom by a guy named yet fung.

Just doin my job. I wouldn't want your girlfriend to break up with you on account of you telling incorrect chinese jokes. It's bad enough you have this nasty denim habit!

So my buddy in Germany has a crazy denim addiction, his fiance has gotten sick of him "waisting" all his money on denim and had threatened to leave him if he keeps buying denim. He has APC's, Sugar Canes, PBJs, Samurai's you name it. (This is a dude who took a one week trip to japan for the soul purpose of buying japanese denim.)

So the first fight resulted in his girlfriend ripping apart to pieces a pair of his older worn in sugar canes from 2004, a pair of APC NC's and a brand new pair of Samurai 3000VX he had just got from japan.

He had swore to his fiance that he would never buy another pair ever again but the idiot orders a pair of Pure Blue's and it arrives at his house before he gets home. His fiance sits him down and tells him why did he lie to her about never buying denim again. Then she asks him if he wants to marry her and if he so claims that he loves her then he will have to burn these new jeans he just ordered but can keep all his previous denim. He tells her hell no and she walks out on him. That was the last he ever saw & talked to her.

He says he has a crazy denim addiction now but he feels free to buy what he wants now. Its been about 2 weeks since he last saw her.

Anyone here would chose your denim over a girlfriend/fiance or wife if it came down to it?

Any woman who rips and destroys clothes, fucks up TVs or any destructive acts of that sort, aint for me. But hey if they arent paying bills and he has thousands of dollars worth of denim that may be a little be different.

But hey if they arent paying bills and he has thousands of dollars worth of denim that may be a little be different.

if that was the case, she should've sold them denims, not burn them. i'm with you sparky, psychos don't do it for me, either.

In the end, nobody here knows enough detail to blame anyone :P

True.

We don't know enough about these peoples financial status to make a qualified judgement. Maybe they are going broke and he's still snapping up jeans like crazy anyway- OR- maybe they are millionaires and she is nothing but a control freak.

Either way, they clearly are not compatible.

if that was the case, she should've sold them denims, not burn them. i'm with you sparky, psychos don't do it for me, either.

Not saying she should've burned them either...im just saying she might have had a point about not wanting him to buy anymore.

If this were to really happen, which I doubt, but crazier shit has happened, so what the hell, I'd personally volunteer to fly over to Germany and show the bitch what crazy is.

Unless they are on the German equivalent of food stamps because of his denim buying, she should just let it be. Erik is always buying speakers, amps, shit like that, and I just roll my eyes and go on with getting more jeans, we respect each others splurges, but we also mind the budget.