Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

I think you'll be ok with 4. BiG really gets a ton of shrinking out of the way with their hot wash and tumble dry.

What exactly are you going to do with them? Just curious what size you are, what the hem is now and what you're going to taper them to/where you're going to start the taper from? I have a pair and was thinking of having them tapered as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll be ok with 4. BiG really gets a ton of shrinking out of the way with their hot wash and tumble dry.

What exactly are you going to do with them? Just curious what size you are, what the hem is now and what you're going to taper them to/where you're going to start the taper from? I have a pair and was thinking of having them tapered as well.

Just picked up a pair of the raw 005's in size 31 at BiG as my first serious denim purchase, and I have a feeling that they aren't going to fit right. I gave them a lukewarm soak instead of a hot one, and even then they're still a little too snug in the thighs after a week of wear. If they will stretch like crazy I will probably keep them, but if they will continue to shrink with washes I will probably get a size up and make sure to hot soak them.

I'm on the fence because the BiG guy said they stretch a lot, but people around here have also been saying that if they fit you good raw (like these did) they will shrink to be too tight.

Just picked up a pair of the raw 005's in size 31 at BiG as my first serious denim purchase, and I have a feeling that they aren't going to fit right. I gave them a lukewarm soak instead of a hot one, and even then they're still a little too snug in the thighs after a week of wear. If they will stretch like crazy I will probably keep them, but if they will continue to shrink with washes I will probably get a size up and make sure to hot soak them.

I'm on the fence because the BiG guy said they stretch a lot, but people around here have also been saying that if they fit you good raw (like these did) they will shrink to be too tight.

They don't stretch very much.

They stretch as much as any other jeans from my experience.

On my 007s I've gotten .25-.5 inches of stretch on the lower thighs. 007s are same denim different dye IIRC.

The thighs on mine stretched out plenty. I might soak them soon to slim em' back up. If they're too tight for you now, just briefly soak them and then stretch them out while wet. Walk to the store, ride your bike, stretch, etc... They'll stretch out a lot quicker.

Thanks for the replies guys. I get the impression that most of the serious shrinking is done in the first soak/wash, rather than "after several washes" like the BiG site says. One last question to help me decide - would an initial hot soaking cause significantly more shrinkage than cold soaking? I'm thinking that since these don't stretch like APCs a hot-soaked pair of 32s may be the not-too-tight fit I'm looking for.

One last question to help me decide - would an initial hot soaking cause significantly more shrinkage than cold soaking?

before someone mean hurts your feelings, i'll answer this

of course

hot water will always shrink more than cold or room temp

heat in general causes shrinkage

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=338949&postcount=555

^ That's a great PBJ 005 fit. If they look and feel like that give or take, then I'd say stick with whatever you got.

As for my pair, thighs and what not have stretched a bit from original...but don't mistake the amount of stretch with what you'll find on apc's or nudies, if those are the guidelines you're basing off from.

i'm thinking about getting these as my next winter project. just curious as to what size i should get and figured i'd inquire as to what people who have owned a pair think. i have a pair of APC NSs in 29 that fit pretty well, could've gone a little smaller, and a pair of flathead 3001s in size 32 that were a little too big and i realize now i should've gone with a 31 probably. i'm thinking about getting a size 30 or 31 and just don't want to go wrong on it because i do plan on soaking them(not sure how long or what temp, thoughts?) and know i won't be able to return them to BiG after i do so, so i'd rather not have to resort to selling them if they don't fit right. from what i've read, the size 31 stretch to a little over a 32.5 or so, so would the 30 be alright and given i'm around a 32 actual waist, they might stretch to around that? thanks in advance!

Much like younggluc, I'm hoping to purchase these for a new project, but I'm also unsure about the sizing.

I have a pair of NS (tag size 30) which have stretched out to 35" in the waist. The waist fits perfect but the thigh is somewhat snug and I look rather silly in a tapered jean. Conversly, I have a pair of Rescues (tag size 31) which stretched to 36" in the waist, and literally fall off if I don't have a belt cinched really tight.

That being said, my waist measures around 34" where I normally wear my jeans, and my thighs are around 23" at their thickest. Would a 33" be a good fit?

^ To all the above fit/size questions for the XX-005:

1) Get or measure your true waist size.

2) Buy your true waist size in the xx-005.

3) If you want a slightly more comfortable fit or your thighs/upper lower body is atheletic or larger, size up one.

4) Do not size down, unless you are seriously ridiculously skinny; or you enjoy the feeling of nuts compressing with bruising thighs.

And although s/t's the waist measurements may look ok, keep in mind the rise and thigh measurements of pbj's, remember that they're quite low and slim.

Much like younggluc, I'm hoping to purchase these for a new project, but I'm also unsure about the sizing.

I have a pair of NS (tag size 30) which have stretched out to 35" in the waist. The waist fits perfect but the thigh is somewhat snug and I look rather silly in a tapered jean. Conversly, I have a pair of Rescues (tag size 31) which stretched to 36" in the waist, and literally fall off if I don't have a belt cinched really tight.

That being said, my waist measures around 34" where I normally wear my jeans, and my thighs are around 23" at their thickest. Would a 33" be a good fit?

I posted post soak and stretch measurements of 31s.earlier and they've estretched to a snug match of my size across the hips of about 34inches. Keep in mind, the PBJs sit bellow the top of the hip bone. But if you find 35 is more comfortable across the hips then 32s should fit snug and 33s comfortable (at least at the waist). The thighs are slim even on me, I'd say they fit almost exactly the same as JXSs. The only slim jeans I can compare them to are Dukes and these are a little slimmer in the thigh in the same size.

I was just looking at the pre-soak chart on blueingreen and it seems to match my post-soak and wear stretch measurements so I'd go with that as a guide.